Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to trade using iCharts Levels (Sep 2010)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author How to trade using iCharts Levels (Sep 2010)
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #46   PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hbanerji wrote:
hi ST,
one MAJOR problem... we don't get to see ur notes except when we steer back to the "home" section and therefore, we miss most of ur recommendations in real time. veerappan has devised a nice way to counter this... whenever he has something to say, he opens a note in the "forum" section and he posts a link in sb.
this creation of a link will be a very useful way for us sbwatchers, to follow your trades. also, please think of a way to clear the clutter in sb, if you may
thanks,
in anticipation, of course...

hbanerji,

I understand all these issues. Actually, my intention of posting in this forum thread is to educate people on how to use these levels for trading...more importantly integrating the levels in their own trading methods.

The idea here is not to post realtime trades. My posts here are always delayed as I am actually doing active trading myself and I post here only when my trade execution is done, which can be delayed significantly. Also, not all my trades will appear here. So please use my posts here only as educational tool. It is different in the case of Veeru.

SBox is just that....ShoutBox. The clutter in sbox has always been like that. Not sure how we can reduce it....we try and stop unnecessary arguments etc. But general discussion etc will probably go on...let me see what I can do...

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #47   PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t.chatterjee wrote:
st sir, plz provide historical ichart levels, i think this will be useful for back testing, at least 7 days historical level is needed, plz think abt it

Yes, this has been a long standing demand. I will try and work on this in the next 3-4 days and get it ready. Will post here about it once it is done.

t.chatterjee
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #48   PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank u sir
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #49   PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t.chatterjee wrote:
st sir, plz provide historical ichart levels, i think this will be useful for back testing, at least 7 days historical level is needed, plz think abt it

No point delaying this further. I have this ready now...here is the link for historical iCharts Levels : http://www.icharts.in/icharts-historical-levels.html

ravin_06
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #50   PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
t.chatterjee wrote:

No point delaying this further. I have this ready now...here is the link for historical iCharts Levels : http://www.icharts.in/icharts-historical-levels.html

Swing Trader,

Thanks a lot. Surprised
t.chatterjee
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #51   PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank u very much sir
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #52   PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NF is in the BULL-R1 band. A break above R1 will continue the uptrend started by today's gap up. A break below BULL will continue the lengthy consolidation going on since two days.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #53   PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A close above R1 is a buy based on standard icharts level signal and since MACD buy is the last signal in effect and a close above an icharts level would confirm it. The SL would go below BULL.
rishu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #54   PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
89 ema works well on 5 min. chart. If we are to avoid whipsaws by creating a crossover of emas, which ema would you recommend to be combined with 89.
Regards,
Rishu
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #55   PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rishu wrote:
Dear Sir,
89 ema works well on 5 min. chart. If we are to avoid whipsaws by creating a crossover of emas, which ema would you recommend to be combined with 89.
Regards,
Rishu

I use 34 EMA...you can try that but this is for slightly longer term (longer in terms of intraday).

You can try 13 EMA too. Use the one which you are more comfortable with.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #56   PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Market stats continue to be bullish. To reiterate, we are long since 10:00 once the 5 min bar closed above R1 - this was based on two signals:

1. Standard icharts level buy on break above BULL-R1 band
2. MACD buy signal on market open bar confirmed once price closed above R1 level.

SL is below BULL. Do note that price is way above 89 EMA so a pullback is likely...will have to watch. SL can be moved to below R1 once NF closes above R2 (5539).

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #57   PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SL moved to just below R1 (as explained in the previous post)...I have offloaded part of my NF position too to capture part profits.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #58   PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offloaded more of the NF position....about 25% left...will trail this now as long as I can hold off Very Happy
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #59   PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely out of NF long....have work to do so can't monitor anymore.

Will post more later...

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #60   PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep watching the sell signals on MACD....these will get confirmed into a sell/short signal if NF breaks below an iCharts level, until then the long will be in effect. Just trail your SL until your SL hits or a sell signal confirmed by icharts level is given.

Market stats continue to be totally bullish...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: