Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use iCharts Levels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author How to use iCharts Levels
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: help Reply with quote

ali522003 wrote:
please teach that how to place these bands or from which option? i m only getting pivot points. where i can find LOC R1 bull bear s1 all that.

The iCharts levels have to be placed manually on the chart. They are not part of the charting tool. You can right click on the chart and select "Support/Resistance Levels" and then move your cursor on the chart (to see the value where your cursor is) and then click on the chart to place a line. This way you will have to place the levels manually on the chart.

Currently this is the only way to do it.

Regards.

amolnagmoti
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: VIX Charts Reply with quote

Hello ST,

I highly appreciate the step taken by you to enhance the features of I charts, by introducing/ adding VIX charts.

The information on Volatility/ VIX has been highly useful to me, while trading in Nifty.

By using the same, my success rate has just doubled.

Could you please also tell me, how to know the volatility of gold & other commodities through MCX or any other website.

Regards.

AMOL S. NAGMOTI
maooliservice
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Intraday Settings Reply with quote

Dear sir,
what r best intraday settings of TF & moving avaregies to use for trading with I chart levels
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: suggestion please Reply with quote

Dear ST,

please go through the subject i posted in the "TA course participants" section. and request your attention to this section please.

regards
padkondu
singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: bull- r1 band Reply with quote

ST Sir,
kindly tell, if on 15 min time frame a stock breaks bull-R1 band decisively, then do we need for consolidation to happen or can the stock be bought on next candle.

It happens today with m&m. the stock breakds bull- r1 band and then continously moves upward without any consolidation.there are candles in uptrend without any consolidation.
kindly clarify.
rgds
ravee
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #21   PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: bull- r1 band Reply with quote

singh.ravee wrote:
ST Sir,
kindly tell, if on 15 min time frame a stock breaks bull-R1 band decisively, then do we need for consolidation to happen or can the stock be bought on next candle.

It happens today with m&m. the stock breakds bull- r1 band and then continously moves upward without any consolidation.there are candles in uptrend without any consolidation.
kindly clarify.
rgds
ravee

Sorry, couldn't reply earlier, I was totally tied up yesterday.

On 5 min chart I would look for a 2-3 bar consolidation (for confirmation of breakout). On 15 min chart I don't think we can wait for a consolidation. In any case if you miss an entry on 15 min chart you can drop down to 5 min chart and buy when it gets oversold (using a fast oscillator).

casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir, can we consider rsi (j chart standard) as fast oscillator? or else we should stick to fast %k or fast %d?
singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr ST,
thank you so much for your reply.
rgds
ravee
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #24   PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casper wrote:
sir, can we consider rsi (j chart standard) as fast oscillator? or else we should stick to fast %k or fast %d?

By fast oscillator I mean any oscillator with a low parameter value. RSI/STS/FASTK/FASTD/CCI/%R anything will do. The idea is to get a favourable entry on the smaller timeframe when we can't enter (due to no pullback) on the higher timeframe.

casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

understood sir. like replacing 30 to 3 or 5 in case of j chart rsi, but other two values (30 and 70) should be left untouched or changed also? if to be changed then any ratio of change?
girishhu1
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stji,
also can u put light on how to use the ichart proprietary indicator rsex, in details with some practical examples?
regards,
girish
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #27   PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casper wrote:
understood sir. like replacing 30 to 3 or 5 in case of j chart rsi, but other two values (30 and 70) should be left untouched or changed also? if to be changed then any ratio of change?

I guess you can leave the OB/OS unchanged or experiment with 80/20 and see. I don't think that makes that much of a difference in the long run.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #28   PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girishhu1 wrote:
stji,
also can u put light on how to use the ichart proprietary indicator rsex, in details with some practical examples?
regards,
girish

_RSEX is not our proprietary indicator. The idea for this indicator was given by one iCharts user. The indicator is basically RSI plotted with an EMA. One important point to note is that the RSI in this indicator is computed a bit differently and will not match the standard RSI indicator.

Examples of _RSEX usage are available here : http://www.icharts.in/forum/rsex-strategy-posted-on-popular-demand-t1358.html

casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
casper wrote:

I guess you can leave the OB/OS unchanged or experiment with 80/20 and see. I don't think that makes that much of a difference in the long run.

thank u for ur reply stsir, the 30/70 are for ob/os setting? i had no clue abt it sir, thanks for the information
singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: an apple a day Reply with quote

Srikanth Sir,

I understand you are very busy person, however my request to you is kindly post ur comments in this thread. May be one chart per week or as suitable to you.

I think it will be for the benefit of all.

rgds

ravee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: