Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use iCharts Levels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author How to use iCharts Levels
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #31   PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: an apple a day Reply with quote

singh.ravee wrote:
Srikanth Sir,

I understand you are very busy person, however my request to you is kindly post ur comments in this thread. May be one chart per week or as suitable to you.

I think it will be for the benefit of all.

rgds

ravee

Yes, I will. I was just tied up with few important things the last couple of weeks. I will get back to posting regularly soon.

Regards.

seshareddy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: iam enjoying with this icharts levels Reply with quote

iam enjoying with this icharts levels

if any day mkt opened with low same at R1 that is the best breakout long side same reverse from S1 ( OH ) OR OH from R1 or OL from S1 also will b excellent

iam using this breakout R1 and S1 for another calculations also

really wonderful calculated R1 and S1 we can use somany ways

thanks swing trader providing this levels and requesting to provide for comm also so i can start comm trading

seshareddy
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #33   PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: iam enjoying with this icharts levels Reply with quote

seshareddy wrote:
iam enjoying with this icharts levels

if any day mkt opened with low same at R1 that is the best breakout long side same reverse from S1 ( OH ) OR OH from R1 or OL from S1 also will b excellent

iam using this breakout R1 and S1 for another calculations also

really wonderful calculated R1 and S1 we can use somany ways

thanks swing trader providing this levels and requesting to provide for comm also so i can start comm trading

seshareddy

Seshareddy garu thumbup you are using iCharts levels very well...exactly how they should be used. Some work on comm icharts levels is remaining. Comm throws up few extra challenges so have to work more. I will try and finish as early as possible and make those available.

Regards.

seshareddy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ST sir

advance thanks for comm also

seshareddy Very Happy
singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st sir,
Hello,
In one of your previous forum"how to trade using ichart level sep 2010 " you have combined ichart levels with macd (13, 34, 13) on 5min time frame.

I wish to learn from you regarding the parameters for macd oscillator. Is parameter of 13,34,13 applicable on multiple time frames( 15min, 60min, daily and weekly)? or do we need seperate parameters for seperate time frames.

thanks and regards
ravee
singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST Sir,

Hello,
In one of your previous post you have used MACD, with fast oscillator along with ichart levels.

I would like to learn following from you;
1. Can overbought condition on %R be used as a confirmation of buy signal of MACD.
2. Does this overbought condition of %R should happen on the same candle on which MACD generates buy signal or should it happen on any of next few candles.
3. Can MACD and %R be used independtly of ichart levels with same setup.

Kindly clarify

Thanks and B Regards

Ravinder Singh.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #37   PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singh.ravee wrote:
ST Sir,

Hello,
In one of your previous post you have used MACD, with fast oscillator along with ichart levels.

I would like to learn following from you;
1. Can overbought condition on %R be used as a confirmation of buy signal of MACD.
2. Does this overbought condition of %R should happen on the same candle on which MACD generates buy signal or should it happen on any of next few candles.
3. Can MACD and %R be used independtly of ichart levels with same setup.

Kindly clarify

Thanks and B Regards

Ravinder Singh.

Hi,

I will post clarifications with charts etc once I am free, currently I am a bit busy so will not be able to post detailed explanation. Please wait until 1st week of Jan....sorry for the delay.

Regards.

singh.ravee
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST Sir,
Good morning,
Please take your own time. Its always adivsable to wait for good things to come. So, I am waiting for your posts.
Thanks and Regards
ravee
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singh.ravee wrote:
ST Sir,
Good morning,
Please take your own time. Its always adivsable to wait for good things to come. So, I am waiting for your posts.
Thanks and Regards
ravee

im also st sir Very Happy
dharmeshtr
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: iCharts level Reply with quote

Dear Dharmesh,

You need not calculate the levels. They are already calculated by us. You only need to use them.

Those levels are proprietary of iCharts.

Thanks for your understanding

Regards

Kamal
dharmeshtr
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: iCharts Level Reply with quote

Respected ST Sir,

Can you please explain at what level I should be LONG and I should be SHORT using iCharts levels?

From the explanation I really did not understand exactly at which level I have to enter end exit.

What should be stop loss, etc?

Thanks,
Dharmesh Rana
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #42   PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: iCharts Level Reply with quote

dharmeshtr wrote:
Respected ST Sir,

Can you please explain at what level I should be LONG and I should be SHORT using iCharts levels?

From the explanation I really did not understand exactly at which level I have to enter end exit.

Thanks,
Dharmesh Rana

Dharmesh,

I will try and post few examples (in a new thread in this forum) in the next few days. But to begin with, let me give you the basic idea behind using iCharts levels...

Try and avoid using only iCharts levels for buy/sell signals. I am not saying you cannot use, but it is much more helpful to use iCharts levels (or any other levels - pivots, fib pivots, cam levels etc) as one of your supporting tools for decision making.

The key support/resistance bands are BULL-R1 and BEAR-S1. Your buy or sell decisions should be based on where the price has opened on a particular day with respect to these levels. To support your decision making I would strongly recommend placing EMA(34) & EMA(89) on the chart for trend & key sup/res indication.

On a day if price opens in the BULL-R1 band and hits resistance there and does not seem to be able to break above it then you will look to short when price starts breaking down from this area. You decision will be much easier if the EMAs mentioned above are in/around BULL-R1 area (which happens many times). The same guidelines are suggested from going long around BEAR-S1 area. Your initial stops can be placed just beyond the key bands. Targets are the iCharts levels beyond. Stops can be trailed using the levels too.

Decision gets tricky if price has not opened near the bands. If price is within the two bands then the first targets is the one of the band (which one depends on the direction of trend to be gauged by using the EMAs). Once price reaches a band, there is good chance of a reversal. If price cleanly breaks through a band and consolidates above it then the trend can continue.

Will post examples in a different new thread over the next few days, it will then be more clear.

deepakms
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ST,

Had'nt seen your posts for long and now good to have you back.
As you will be coming up some examples to explain the entry and exit mentioned in the peivious posts to Dharmesh,request you to post the same with the charts, displaying the values suggested by you (89 and 34 EMAs).
What I mean is the value used by you to trade (just for example)....which box of ema contains 89 and 34,the RSI value (14,30,70 or 9,30,70),DMA etc.
I know its different for short term and medium term traders...would like to know the best possible combinations for dealing with both time frames.
This would help us to determine whether to carry forward the trade and move along with the markets rather than prematurely exiting the position. kindly request you to post the details with pictures of charts displaying the vaues.

Thnx/Rgds
Deeppak
dharmeshtr
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: iCharts Level Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
dharmeshtr wrote:
Respected ST Sir,

Thanks,
Dharmesh Rana

Dharmesh,

I will try and post few examples (in a new thread in this forum) in the next few days. But to begin with, let me give you the basic idea behind using iCharts levels...

Try and avoid using only iCharts levels for buy/sell signals. I am not saying you cannot use, but it is much more helpful to use iCharts levels (or any other levels - pivots, fib pivots, cam levels etc) as one of your supporting tools for decision making.

The key support/resistance bands are BULL-R1 and BEAR-S1. Your buy or sell decisions should be based on where the price has opened on a particular day with respect to these levels. To support your decision making I would strongly recommend placing EMA(34) & EMA(89) on the chart for trend & key sup/res indication.

On a day if price opens in the BULL-R1 band and hits resistance there and does not seem to be able to break above it then you will look to short when price starts breaking down from this area. You decision will be much easier if the EMAs mentioned above are in/around BULL-R1 area (which happens many times). The same guidelines are suggested from going long around BEAR-S1 area. Your initial stops can be placed just beyond the key bands. Targets are the iCharts levels beyond. Stops can be trailed using the levels too.

Decision gets tricky if price has not opened near the bands. If price is within the two bands then the first targets is the one of the band (which one depends on the direction of trend to be gauged by using the EMAs). Once price reaches a band, there is good chance of a reversal. If price cleanly breaks through a band and consolidates above it then the trend can continue.

Will post examples in a different new thread over the next few days, it will then be more clear.

ST Sir,

Thanks for the information.

Waiting for your examples eagerly.

Regards,

Dharmesh Rana
san_hemani
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #45   PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Sir.

You have recommended this as mentioned below.

Sir , pls let me know for what period i.e. on daily basis or on intraday (for 5minute/10 minslot ) shall i use this mvgs EMA(34) & EMA(89).

Regards,

Sanjay Hemani
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: