Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use iCharts Levels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author How to use iCharts Levels
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #46   PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

san_hemani wrote:
Respected Sir.

You have recommended this as mentioned below.
The key support/resistance bands are BULL-R1 and BEAR-S1. Your buy or sell decisions should be based on where the price has opened on a particular day with respect to these levels. To support your decision making I would strongly recommend placing EMA(34) & EMA(89) on the chart for trend & key sup/res indication.

Sir , pls let me know for what period i.e. on daily basis or on intraday (for 5minute/10 minslot ) shall i use this mvgs EMA(34) & EMA(89).

Regards,

Sanjay Hemani

For trading intraday I refer to 5 min charts, but I do monitor those same EMAs on 30/60 min charts also as these EMAs are more critical on higher timeframes.

onemore_bugga
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #47   PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: tell me sir best level to put on icharts Reply with quote

i am positional trader and i trade for week - and sometime for day
so what stratergy i should follow

right now i implement ema 8- 21- 34...with Fibo on Hrly
and 13-34-55 ema with 8-21-89 as a sma

so please guide me sir
nsinojia
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #48   PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: tell me sir best level to put on icharts Reply with quote

3/13/34 ema for intraday and for positional 20/50/200 sma as far as my trades concerns along with rsi 30/70 levels AEOM
hmp1975 wrote:

so please guide me sir
Very Happy
aneja100
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #49   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: tell me sir best level to put on icharts Reply with quote

Hi Mr. Srikant,

i am new to ichart levels. have a query. for intraday trading, what time frame you choose to for choosing the numbers for EMA (34) and EMA(89). is it based on todays data only or you consider last 3 days or some other periods?

pl. guide me.

nsinojia wrote:
3/13/34 ema for intraday and for positional 20/50/200 sma as far as my trades concerns along with rsi 30/70 levels AEOM
hmp1975 wrote:

so please guide me sir
Very Happy
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #50   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: tell me sir best level to put on icharts Reply with quote

aneja100 wrote:
Hi Mr. Srikant,

i am new to ichart levels. have a query. for intraday trading, what time frame you choose to for choosing the numbers for EMA (34) and EMA(89). is it based on todays data only or you consider last 3 days or some other periods?

pl. guide me.

I use 5 mins timeframe in all my discussions / charts etc.

seshareddy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #51   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to give one idea to use icharts levels

if weekly candle OH then daily short near BULL OR R1 if goes below S1 then relax to book profits we can wait till 3.15pm

if weekly candle OL then daily long near BEAR or S1 if crossed R1 then relax to book profits we can wait till 3.15pm

if we do only weekly OH OR OL we can control SL hitting also icharts levels simply excellent but need to use with concentration

have a nice friendship day to all

seshareddy Very Happy
maooliservice
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #52   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Sheshareddy,

can u explain this strategy with charts.What is OH & OL.If

it is 'open high or open low',then this is with respect to yesterdays close or

weekly close.

Regards

Mohan
seshareddy
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #53   PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes open + high same or open + low same and terminal atp keep it is as censor level

seshareddy
dkardale
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #54   PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Nice to have. Reply with quote

Hi Shrikant.
I am using icharts since last two years. and loving it.
I would like to share with you my views on cosmetic (but important) aspect of display of charts. I use 5 min candle and Pivot levels for my trading.

The eyes are trained to see / identify candles of certain size and mind is programmed to take decisions on visual clues.

When the Ichart levels are plotted, the screen covers variable area of market each day, like say 50 pts some day or 200 pts other day. (some times the levels are far apart from each other or too close to each other based on market situation).

Hence the candle size is dynamic and changes every day.
Candles are of-course dynamic by nature as effect of price action.
My problem is with relative length of candle of say 10 pts is different today then it was yesterday.

Therefore it is difficult to read the market with theses variable candles with icharts level on.

Is it possible to introduce any tool which will enable the levels without disturbing the candles. It is ok if some of the levels are not visible in the screen, they will be visible anyway when price reaches near them.

appreciate your response.
Regards,
Deodatta
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #55   PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice to have. Reply with quote

dkardale wrote:
Hi Shrikant.
I am using icharts since last two years. and loving it.
I would like to share with you my views on cosmetic (but important) aspect of display of charts. I use 5 min candle and Pivot levels for my trading.

The eyes are trained to see / identify candles of certain size and mind is programmed to take decisions on visual clues.

When the Ichart levels are plotted, the screen covers variable area of market each day, like say 50 pts some day or 200 pts other day. (some times the levels are far apart from each other or too close to each other based on market situation).

Hence the candle size is dynamic and changes every day.
Candles are of-course dynamic by nature as effect of price action.
My problem is with relative length of candle of say 10 pts is different today then it was yesterday.

Therefore it is difficult to read the market with theses variable candles with icharts level on.

Is it possible to introduce any tool which will enable the levels without disturbing the candles. It is ok if some of the levels are not visible in the screen, they will be visible anyway when price reaches near them.

appreciate your response.
Regards,
Deodatta

I can probably add iCharts levels to "Live Charts" (in jcharts it is not possible). Let me try this and get back to you.

dkardale
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #56   PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Nice to have. Reply with quote

Thanks Shrikant.
Also, is it possible to display Ichart levels (for next day) immidieatly after market is closed? We only come to know at 9.15.
regards,
DK
bolband_macd
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #57   PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: iChart Levels in Maximized Screen Reply with quote

Hello Mr Srikanth,
Thanks for all what you are doing for traders like me clap2 . Each and every piece of information is very important and helpful. Especially iChart level post is very nice.
It will really be helpful if we could be able to see the iChart levels in Maximized Window mode. That way it would be good to add these levels when new stock chart is opened to view in maximized window.
Best Regards and thanks again,
Sunil
GHAISAS
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #58   PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Srikant - Swing Trader, I am a new Ichartian and happy to be a part of it. I am a small intra day trader with limited capital. I find tons of information on analysis but at the same time feel the overwhelming pressure of so much information and strategies – that I get confused which to use and when. Particularly Opening Range Breakout, OHLC, Futures Mkt Trdg Strategy with Excel Sheets, Intraday Trading Strategy, Swing Trading, Wolfe Wave, Sell Nifty, a haze of EMA, SMA, Fibo, Shout Box – However, WHENEVER I BUY, IMMEDIATELY PRICES START FALLING AND WHENEVER I SHORT SELL - IMMEDIATELY PRICES START RISING. Some times I feel I should do the opposite and get frustrated. All strategies are successful in their own way – but in this haze and cloud, being unable to concentrate on any single one – trade is missed and passed by leaving me as a silent spectator – in spite of being capable of executing a trade successfully. I am aware, I have to select 1 from these numerous strategies and start practically applying – without hearing the noise of other strategies. But still doubtful – which one to live up to. I request you to kindly suggest / select 1 or 2 select strategies fit for new Ichartians with limited capital; with simple easy to understand technical analysis – based on which even 1 successful small trade per day will energize the wings to fly. Small Value stocks with high volume along with your valuable suggestions will allow the new entrants (including me) to study and carry out successful trades. Your 1st gear push will surely lead to 2nd gear on our own. Currently I have started feeling comfortable with ICharts Levels, 3/5 EMA strategy of Kashidun and Avinash strategy on Nifty – but sometimes fearful of failure in Nifty in current turbulent market – hence the request for your kind suggestion.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #59   PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHAISAS wrote:
Dear Mr Srikant - Swing Trader, I am a new Ichartian and happy to be a part of it. I am a small intra day trader with limited capital. I find tons of information on analysis but at the same time feel the overwhelming pressure of so much information and strategies – that I get confused which to use and when. Particularly Opening Range Breakout, OHLC, Futures Mkt Trdg Strategy with Excel Sheets, Intraday Trading Strategy, Swing Trading, Wolfe Wave, Sell Nifty, a haze of EMA, SMA, Fibo, Shout Box – However, WHENEVER I BUY, IMMEDIATELY PRICES START FALLING AND WHENEVER I SHORT SELL - IMMEDIATELY PRICES START RISING. Some times I feel I should do the opposite and get frustrated. All strategies are successful in their own way – but in this haze and cloud, being unable to concentrate on any single one – trade is missed and passed by leaving me as a silent spectator – in spite of being capable of executing a trade successfully. I am aware, I have to select 1 from these numerous strategies and start practically applying – without hearing the noise of other strategies. But still doubtful – which one to live up to. I request you to kindly suggest / select 1 or 2 select strategies fit for new Ichartians with limited capital; with simple easy to understand technical analysis – based on which even 1 successful small trade per day will energize the wings to fly. Small Value stocks with high volume along with your valuable suggestions will allow the new entrants (including me) to study and carry out successful trades. Your 1st gear push will surely lead to 2nd gear on our own. Currently I have started feeling comfortable with ICharts Levels, 3/5 EMA strategy of Kashidun and Avinash strategy on Nifty – but sometimes fearful of failure in Nifty in current turbulent market – hence the request for your kind suggestion.

I will try and post a single timeframe simple strategy soon.

But one thing I will tell you - accept that there will always be losses on the way to profits. There is no way to avoid losses. Your focus should be on minimising losses on losing trades. Don't trade Nifty futures to begin with. Use one or two selected strategies and trade equities to begin with (that too a small position). Get comfortable with the losses you see. Once you see that this is profitable consistently only then move to MINIFTY, only when you are consistently profitable in MINIFTY, move to NIFTY. You will have to remove the fear of failure, only then you will succeed. To remove fear you will have to adjust your trades (adjust position size) in such a way that even if you encounter multiple losing trades you should be able to confidently take the next trade. This is possible initially only if you trade a very small position size. Once you trade this way for a while, confidence will come automatically as you will know what to expect in future trades. Your fear at the moment is due to the fact that you are trading strategies you don't know anything about. Once you know the strategy inside out and know the kind of profits & losses that are possible with it then you will gain confidence to trade it with ease. This is a process and there are no shortcuts.

As I said, I will try and post a simple strategy (single timeframe) that you can consider for trading. Keep checking my forum section regularly for it, I will post it in few days.

GHAISAS
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #60   PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swing Trader Sir, Sincere thanks. As suggested I am concentrating on few understandable strategies. Currently at 12.30 now, for example I am studying NVK strategy - Dabur 5 min chart showed RSI diversion but it was bit above RSI was above 30 - so I just studied and while reading your reply, Dabut really shot up above 107 level. As you said I have to be in and out comfortable with my study on strategies - one at a time. HOWEVER I SINCERELY WAIT FOR YOUR SUGGESTION. EARLIER THE MERRIER - BECAUSE TO STUDY AND BACK STUDY IT TAKES THE JUICE OUT OF ME. Thanks, sincerely for reading my frustration. I feel the haze reducing slowly. Ghaisas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: