Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICICI Prudential Dynamic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Mutual Funds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author ICICI Prudential Dynamic
gabbar.singh
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: ICICI Prudential Dynamic Reply with quote

How is this fund? Any suggestions!

If you have to choose one fund out of the following, which one would you do?

1) ICICI Prudential Dynamic
2) HDFC Equity
3) DSPBR Equity
ConMan
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather suggest you invest in HSBC Equity fund...
not aggressive and very experienced team
rsnagesh
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: LOOKING FOR STUPENDOUS RETURN IN MUTUAL FUNDS? Reply with quote

Helo fellow members,

I would rather suggests Reliance Diversified Power Sector Fund, Sundaram Bnp Paribas Energy Opportunities Fund, Reliance Natural Resources Fund, Tata Infrastructure Fund, Icici Infrastructure Fund, SBI Magnum Multiplier Plus Fund with an Diversified approach HDFC Prudence Fund and IPO Fund of Reliance Infrastructure Fund would be a better choice for " STUPENDOUS PERFORMANCE " and would suggest you all to stay invested for a minimum period of 3 years from as of now. and a maximum of 5 years to 10 years.

If all the fellow members would take initiative and implement the above suggestion & Investment, Everyone would be generating a minimum appreciation of more than double of their capital get invested in. And the maximum would be 3 times between 3 to 5 years term and 5 times to 10 times between 5 to 10 years term.

Wishing everyone to generate a maximum returns and so on.

With regards,

(R.S. NAGESH).
Class
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: ICICI Prudential Dynamic Reply with quote

Hi gabbar.singh,
ICICI Prudential Dynamic fund is a blended fund with Large and Mid Cap companies. It roughly follows the Nifty. i.e. pull up nifty in icharts and roughly that's the performance of the fund!

You can go to their website and do your research - icicipruamc. Treat it as investing in the stock market, check the fund managers performance, which companies are in the fund etc.

Nifty is coming on to doubling since beginning of March 09, so it's likely the fund is near doubling already. If you're determined to go ahead, wait for a drop in the nifty and then go direct to the AMC to cut out middleman commissions. (That's assuming the market will go back up Very Happy )
Class.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone reads/ can read Hindu Business Line newspaper depending on where it is published.
There is an excellent interview today with Sankaran Naren, CIO, ICICI Pru.
Eye opener especially for those who invest/ want to invest positionally in cash scrips
Good for both veterans and newbies.
Cheers, Prakash Holla

BLInterview2.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BLInterview2.doc
 Filesize:  201 KB
 Downloaded:  704 Time(s)

AmitSwl_FnO
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PK Holla ji i beg to disagree with you.The interview is very typical fund manager interview.

Amit 2guns 2guns
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amit: I am just Prakash. Not from pasta/ pizza family and my surname is not Vadra!

What dont you agree with?
1 Buy equity when GDP growth is low?
2 Top-down/ contra/ value method of stock picking?
3 Buy equity when times bad , sell when times good?
4 Use price-to-book value ratio instead of price-earnings?
Buy if <2>3?
5 Buy small, mid cap, they are undervalued, not touched by FIIs?
6 Buy value stocks, will hold value even if Fed eases QE?
7 Avoid consumer/ pharma/ FMCG/IT because they have high PE values and are expensive?

Please read the article properly. Naren is NOT begging you to buy ICICI Pru schemes. He is JUST explaining his investing mantra. When someone like him beats the industry index 3 times in a row, we should at least pay attn. to his ideas, humbly!

Cheers, Prakash Holla

Last edited by pkholla on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
AmitSwl_FnO
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PK,
I am not an acolyte of value investing but I just don't agree with general mutual fund practices.

1.No Capital Protection in falling markets.: Take icici pru for example the drawdown peak in 2008 is 54.7%.Where is the Mr IIT -IIM. ??? Why the fund did not short or be on cash?

"The manger writes... "In 2007, we put in place a new research model that completely changed the way we looked at stocks. That year showed us the importance of top-down investing (using the big picture to arrive at stocks to invest in). Where was that big picture?

PK..i have successfully applied modern value investment principles.Sorry for the violation of forum rule ..but my returns have been much better than all the mutual funds.Mutual fund mangers just sit on a fat salary . Beating the index by such a fund is not a challenge at a fund level since this fund has mid size stocks in plenty. If a fund has to beat NIFTY 50 it should focus only on constituents with a significantly less diversification.

What are your thoughts....My Opinion...NEVER INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS.
amit
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmitSwl_79 wrote:
PK, I am not an acolyte of value investing but I just don't agree with general mutual fund practices.
..but my returns have been much better than all the mutual funds.
What are your thoughts....My Opinion...NEVER INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS. amit

Amit: Sorry, but I totally misunderstood your first post! I myself have ZERO holdings in MF. I was only highlighting certain + points brought out by Naren like buy scrip when [CMP/ BV] <2>3 instead of the usual CMP/Earnings we all use
I would never reco to Icharts members to invest in MF, that is lazy way of investing and, as you say, paying a manager a HEFTY salary just to invest your money in the market (when you can do it yourself for free). But having said that, I was impressed by some points expressed by Naren and wanted members to read the article for this reason only. Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
AmitSwl_FnO
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PK ,
I fully agree with ur views.Not only lazy but inefficient too.
Here is my personal opinion on the q's:

partially correct...investor may miss a prolonged bull run.

if ROE is less p/e shall reflect it...low price share not always shine.

looks good theoretically.. i would replace bad times with recovery and i agree from an indiviual perspective.

Buy if <2>3?
correct but not applicable for many business ..say banks...due to large debt

Agree,,,,

Agree,,,,
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmitSwl_79 wrote:
PK , I fully agree with ur views.Not only lazy but inefficient too.
Here is my personal opinion on the q's:
partially correct...investor may miss a prolonged bull run.
if ROE is less p/e shall reflect it...low price share not always shine.
looks good theoretically.. i would replace bad times with recovery and i agree from an indiviual perspective.
Buy if <2>3?
correct but not applicable for many business ..say banks...due to large debt
Agree,,,,
Agree,,,,

Smile Smile Smile
jetrade
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Online Mutual Fund Investment India Reply with quote

Investment is always being expensive but your return should be good. So invest wisely in stock market.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: ICICI Pru Reply with quote

Let me share an experience I had with ICICI Pru
I wanted to buy Term Insurance (no frills) in my 2 daughters's names. After 6 months of struggling with "no" answer, I finally understood that I cannot buy Term for my daughters because some Indians living near Nepal border misused the facility and got their insured daughters murdered for the sake of the Rs 50 lakhs sum assured (after paying Rs 5000 first year premium)
Accordingly I reluctantly agreed to the ICICI Pru agent's offer to let me buy ICICI Pru ULIP. To my horror, I found that not only a large chunk of premium is taken for admin purposes (commiss etc) but the MF you are kept in moves very sluggishly. If NF jumps from 6000 to 6500, the ICICI Pru Fund leaps from 18 to 19! The 2 policies also involved sinking a large sum (2X 48000 per year). Against the protests of my wife (who after all was not putting a paisa from her bank salary, but was devoted to her daughters!) I removed the sums invested, after 3 years, at minimum penalty.
I invested 2X 3X 48000 = 288000
I got back 289000!
But I made a profit. There are horror stories of investors losing 40-50% of the investment in ULIP if removed at a wrong time!

If at all we want to, best to invest in a passive index tracker, no 'brain' is involved of the hot shots running the MF, minimum fees, we can track returns

Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
drsureshbs
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ICICI Prudential Dynamic Reply with quote

Class wrote:
Hi gabbar.singh,
ICICI Prudential Dynamic fund is a blended fund with Large and Mid Cap companies. It roughly follows the Nifty. i.e. pull up nifty in icharts and roughly that's the performance of the fund!

You can go to their website and do your research - icicipruamc. Treat it as investing in the stock market, check the fund managers performance, which companies are in the fund etc.

Nifty is coming on to doubling since beginning of March 09, so it's likely the fund is near doubling already. If you're determined to go ahead, wait for a drop in the nifty and then go direct to the AMC to cut out middleman commissions. (That's assuming the market will go back up Very Happy )
Class.

class what is AMC.....and pl share if u have any idea about the %of commission the agents get in mutual funds ....thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Mutual Funds All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: