Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Important - 'Cheat Sheet' for #TC2012 Participants

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Important - 'Cheat Sheet' for #TC2012 Participants
rainbow
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Important - 'Cheat Sheet' for #TC2012 Participants Reply with quote

Dear all

Sub: Traders Carnival 2012

Attached is a cheat sheet which provides info on the following.

1. Advice on clothing for Bangalore
2. What to carry
3. Travel tips
4. How to benefit from the event.

I will progressively update this sheet and circulate it, in the meanwhile, if there is something I have not covered, please email me.

Cheers
DJ
rainbow
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Important - 'Cheat Sheet' for #TC2012 Participants Reply with quote

(This communication is for those who have completed one or both parts of the registration process. Parts of it (point 6) is also for those not participating in #TC2012)...

Alert - Long read

Dear all

We are finally closing in on #TC2012.

During the course of the last couple of months, over a thousand emails have been sent out, nearly half that number of phone calls made. It is now certain that we will have atleast a hundred participants at #TC2012. TEN SPEAKERS WITH THEIR STRATEGY SESSIONS. And two sponsors.

This is indeed fantastic news.

And if my Sony laptop ever developed an Apple like 'Siri' feature, I am sure it would call me a sadist to my face, considering the amount of pounding it has taken thus far.

Some important points here. Please do read them closely.

1. First off, we still do not have registration information for *two*people. I also do not know which forum they are from. Hence this general request to identify themselves and send me an email with their name, email address and transaction number of the funds transfer. Their account numbers end with '090' and '390' respectively. Funds were transferred on 11th October 2012. Update - we do not have this info for 3 more people.

2. A request to all of you coming for the Traders Carnival 2012. Please bring some kind of ID proof, could be a voter's Id, PAN card, or some other Government issued ID with a photograph.

3. The weather forecast from the department continues to hold, though slightly more 'bearish' Smile Temperatures are likely to be between 17° and 25° during the days of the event. Along with cloudy weather + rain. please pack appropriate clothes.

4. Relevant parts of this information will also be uploaded to the www.traderscarnival.com website for quick retrieval, should you require it.

5. Some of you have asked assistance with railway tickets for your return home from Bangalore after the event. This is 'work in progress' and I will update accordingly, individually.

Video Recording:

6. I have received quite a few requests, both from participants and others, for video recording of this event. Costs for this are being worked out, along with discussions and negotiations with vendors, as well as technical discussions in terms of 'High Definition' recording - what is more commonly known as '1080p' or 'HD' quality of recording. This last bit is to ensure a good quality of DVD viewing. Please do NOT expect any email updates on this activity. A DVD if/when made, will be charged.

Local Transport in Bangalore:

7. Some participants who have chosen not to stay at the venue. They are required to make their own transport arrangements. As communicated earlier, the event on both days is likely to go on till around 9:30 pm or later. Cars are ok, but those with bikes please note rain is forecast on the days of the event. Taxis can be called over phone on a 24 x 7 basis.

Medical Assistance:

8. A doctor is available on call during #TC2012 for medical emergencies.

Emergency contact information:

9a. Please provide by email, the name and phone number of a person to be contacted in case of emergency.

9b.. Those of you who have opted to stay at the venue, please reply to me before end of day, monday, 22nd October 2012, about your date and approximate time of arrival at the #TC2012 venue. This is critical for logistics - Thank you.

10. An updated participant list has already been emailed separately to all participants of #TC2012. Please use the standard discretion in use of the contents of that document. That document is password protected.

Dress Code for #TC2012

11. Let us retain the formality for the strategy sessions and the intense brainstorming that is likely to follow. The dress code for #TC2012 is 'Casual' You may dress comfortably in Tshirts and Jeans if you wish, or the regular 'Traders' Uniform' - Tee Shirts and Cargo Shorts Smile

12. The agenda for #TC2012 is undergoing slight revision. The website will be updated accordingly by wednesday.

Have a great week ahead, all

Cheers
DJ
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbow: I sincerely feel (no sarcasm) that the wrong person is i/c our country. Shabhash. Prakash Holla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Education All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: