Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

INFY - A BIRD EYE VIEW DURING QUARTERLY RESULTS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author INFY - A BIRD EYE VIEW DURING QUARTERLY RESULTS
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: INFY - A BIRD EYE VIEW DURING QUARTERLY RESULTS Reply with quote

Hi,

I am just doing this because I have INFY 2350 PE bought at 25 today Laughing

Check the attached chart of weekly Infosys.

In the past 1 year only October 2011 was the month for 2nd quarterly result for Infy where it did not went down. Will it be again this October 2012???

Magnify the chart......whenever the price was near the lower trendline, INFY has cracked down, so in October 2011 that was not the case Shocked

For, July 2011, i.e 1st quarter result, there was no lower TL (i dint checked in lower TF), though if you draw upper TL, it was not broken (resistance) and price went down. Same logic applies to Jan 2012.

Now, for tomorrow's result, again the price is at the lower TL, so I hope that History should not repeat of October 2011 Sad

You can share your view too!!
sspstrader
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: INFY - A BIRD EYE VIEW DURING QUARTERLY RESULTS Reply with quote

chetan83 wrote:
Hi,

In the past 1 year only October 2011 was the month for 2nd quarterly result for Infy where it did not went down. Will it be again this October 2012???

Magnify the chart......whenever the price was near the lower trendline, INFY has cracked down, so in October 2011 that was not the case Shocked

For, July 2011, i.e 1st quarter result, there was no lower TL (i dint checked in lower TF), though if you draw upper TL, it was not broken (resistance) and price went down. Same logic applies to Jan 2012.

Now, for tomorrow's result, again the price is at the lower TL, so I hope that History should not repeat of October 2011 Sad

on this weekly chart it looks like tht Smart Money is accumulating the stock. last week they had removed all the weak hands from the stock may be for an upward journey.

regds,
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: INFY - A BIRD EYE VIEW DURING QUARTERLY RESULTS Reply with quote

chetan83 wrote:
Hi,

Welldone Chetan,

Your research paid off.You are done.
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk bro,

INFY is down, but why my Put is not doubled Sad
I thought it will open at 80++, but dint, it started coming down, later i booked at 62.....40% in 2 lots...

It seems ITM or ATM PE lena thik rehta.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely correct reading chetan. congrats
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
definitely correct reading chetan. congrats

Thanks Vinay Bhai...

Tabhi to achi khasi naukri chhod di Laughing

Its a combined effort of ichart platform, you guys observation/correction and burning of my midnight oil of past 2 years....
ajit602
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chetan83 wrote:
rk bro,

INFY is down, but why my Put is not doubled Sad
I thought it will open at 80++, but dint, it started coming down, later i booked at 62.....40% in 2 lots...

It seems ITM or ATM PE lena thik rehta.

welldone
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel one should book shorts in infy because their dollar guidance, which was considered bad, is without including their recent acquisition in US. Also, chetan's chart shows that rate of fall in infy has dropped
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinay: I just wrote feedback in Infy website that they should bring back NM in more active role and Nandan as CMD. Clearly, bean counter Shibulal is beyond his level of incompetence! As long as present Board remains in charge dont expect miracles! Look at TCS, same hostile environment, havent Chandru and (still active) mentor Ramu done wonders. THEY havent appointed bean counters! Cheers, Prakash Holla
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
I feel one should book shorts in infy because their dollar guidance, which was considered bad, is without including their recent acquisition in US. Also, chetan's chart shows that rate of fall in infy has dropped

Vinay, if u check the daily chart, the price is trading outside the BB 10 (check for past 4 qtr result time, chart of last 1 yr), either some more correction is pending, say 100-80 rupee....or more
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see infy to be a good short term buy with a quick 10% gain, longer term 2960
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infy on fire.....
Transcap69
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.icharts.in/forum/viewtopic,t,4748.html#71506

Infosys a birds eye view....A birds eye view is not affected by qtrly results ...but bulls and bears keep changing theirs.
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transcap69 wrote:
http://www.icharts.in/forum/viewtopic,t,4748.html#71506

Infosys a birds eye view....A birds eye view is not affected by qtrly results ...but bulls and bears keep changing theirs.

Yes, we will have to find a person specialized in animal husbandry to guide us in this respect 24
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infosys: No upside after the quarterly and is sliding below 2350 mark again, will it touch 2250 or below... before or after diwali??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: