Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

INSIDER'S TRADING - BOOKIES!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Psychology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author INSIDER'S TRADING - BOOKIES!!
hedger
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: INSIDER'S TRADING - BOOKIES!! Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

I have come to know that there is something called insiders trading at BSE (dont know much abt NSE).

There is a fellow called "bookie" who pass on tips or information on the price trend of a stock and charge about 30-50% of profit earned. Means rich are getting richer.

Moreover, trading in stocks is also done at 6 pm IST, and nxt day your stock is sold or bought in profit. Minimum time frame for such tips is 30mins to 3 days.

I asked one fellow, whether technicals do matter!, he answer that, price is decided by market which is potrayed in Charts. I dont believe that much as I am too a technical fellow Wink

He tells me in advance that Tech Mahindra is going to take over Mahindra Satyam fully by this Deepawali, so stay invested in it.

I will update some info if i get.....but you are requested to share whether really Insiders trading works?

Hedger.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedger: Let me share my experience with you! I have bought Venkey's, Jain Irrigation, and Jindal Poly a year back purely based on strong reco and begging of my (ex-) broker's terminal operators who in turn got STRONG reco from broker friends. All 3 shares plunged but the original tipster got a market for his customers' holdings. A strong BUY reco also floated around at the time of Crompton Greaves plunging from 300 - 240 -150. Hedger, please ignore such fraudulent tips and tipsters if you value your purse! Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stay away from it. Insider trading is illegal. Though it does take place all over the world and wasted interests do make big bucks, you wouldn't want to indulge in it.......unless you have diferent goals in life!
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading done at 6pm after market is closed..........is it true Shocked
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chetan, evening trades have been happening for decades on bse. in old days, it was called "kerb" deals because they were struck on the footpath outside BSE even though they may not be for insider trading. They were then formalised next day. Generally such "hot" buy tips come when large holders or promoters want to get out. The agents who market it get 20-40%. This also came on bloomberg TV a few months ago and sebi or exchanges don't do a damn about it.
hasten
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
stay away from it. Insider trading is illegal. Though it does take place all over the world and wasted interests do make big bucks, you wouldn't want to indulge in it.......unless you have diferent goals in life!

Who told you that "Insider trading always illegal" ?

The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 1992, say, "insider" is any person who, is or was connected with the company, and who is reasonably expected to have access to unpublished price-sensitive information about the stock of that particular company, or who has access to such unpublished price sensitive information.

Insider Trading:- It is trading of a corporation's stock or other securities by the corporate insiders such as officers, key employees, directors, or holders of more than 10% of the firm's shares. It is buying or selling of a security by someone who has access to material, nonpublic information about the security.
(Insider trading is legal once the material information has been made public, at which time the insider has no direct advantage over other investors. )

Insider trading also refers to trading in stocks/securities by persons who are possession of certain kind of qualified information which has a direct bearing on the stock/security price, by virtue of their association with the company.

Inside trader obtains such information, because of association with company either :-
1) he holds a position of responsibility in the company .
2) or he has contact/liason with somebody who holds a position f responsibility in the company.

(What is illegal is the trading by an insider on the basis of unpublished price-sensitive information. Insider trading violations may also include 'tipping' such information and the person using it.)

However, insider trading isn't always illegal. Trading by a company insider in its shares is not violation per se and is legal.

Insider trading is rampart and sometimes I think most of big ticket trading is insider trading. Getting clues from Directors ,auditors ,consultants and others sitting on the board and trading on price sensitive information as almost done thing here in our country but in US where insider trading laws are very stringent.

Regards, hasten

You can win, if you follow rules with discipline.

Last edited by hasten on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasten, if an insider has traded AFTER relevant info is in public domain, it is not insider trading
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: INSIDER'S TRADING - BOOKIES!! Reply with quote

hedger wrote:
Hello Friends,

I have come to know that there is something called insiders trading at BSE (dont know much abt NSE).

There is a fellow called "bookie" who pass on tips or information on the price trend of a stock and charge about 30-50% of profit earned. Means rich are getting richer.

Moreover, trading in stocks is also done at 6 pm IST, and nxt day your stock is sold or bought in profit. Minimum time frame for such tips is 30mins to 3 days.

I asked one fellow, whether technicals do matter!, he answer that, price is decided by market which is potrayed in Charts. I dont believe that much as I am too a technical fellow Wink

He tells me in advance that Tech Mahindra is going to take over Mahindra Satyam fully by this Deepawali, so stay invested in it.

I will update some info if i get.....but you are requested to share whether really Insiders trading works?

Hedger.

Always remember the mantra :

Tips are for waiters !

Ask ....Why is this info being spread( aka rumor) ?

Real value info will never reach the outsider ie you ... well not early enough .

Normally late comers are saying Hi when they(insiders) are saying BYE ... ie distribution.

There are ways of getting in with the insiders...
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
chetan, evening trades have been happening for decades on bse. in old days, it was called "kerb" deals because they were struck on the footpath outside BSE even though they may not be for insider trading. They were then formalised next day. Generally such "hot" buy tips come when large holders or promoters want to get out. The agents who market it get 20-40%. This also came on bloomberg TV a few months ago and sebi or exchanges don't do a damn about it.

Hi Vinay,

Keeping it simple, I hope it is a sort of Dabba Trading.
But bookies dont trade in public domain, as passing sensitive information (what happened at Harshad Mehta Times) will only attract illegal trades.

These bookies mainly trade in NSE a/c (NOW), if you have a legacy a/c with your broker for a specified time say more than 5 years, you can ask your broker to give V ID, thereafter you pass an exam conducted by NSE to directly trade with NSE with 0% brokerage and real time money getting credited into your account when you offload your stocks.

Here NSE gives your legacy account an exposure of 200 times (can you imagine that) and here no information is passed as how much money is made on an account. If you are in profit the amount gets credited minus TDS (at present it is 20% of profit).....thats the main reason REAL bookies dont pass on the message unless you trade directly in NSE terminal. Its a true fact - if you are making profit continuously...your broker will cross check your trade and may pass on that trade details or future details to there clients, be it HNI or Institution.

On my b'day y'day which has passed by...i have gathered this much information...which I have shared here at public platform....n I hope this will surely help me n others too in future with the help of the technicals......

Regards,
Chetan.
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: INSIDER'S TRADING - BOOKIES!! Reply with quote

ajayhkaul wrote:
hedger wrote:
Hello Friends,

Hedger.

Always remember the mantra :

Tips are for waiters !

Ask ....Why is this info being spread( aka rumor) ?

Real value info will never reach the outsider ie you ... well not early enough .

Normally late comers are saying Hi when they(insiders) are saying BYE ... ie distribution.

There are ways of getting in with the insiders...

Hi Ajay,

Rightly said...TIPS ARE FOR WAITERS Razz and I dont give tips to waiters, be it a small road restaurant or any 3 star. But here we are not into Hotel Industry....its a brutal stock market and every information here is vital.

Can you help me with one query - It will be a debatable one Laughing

Who was short listed and later finalized for giving INR the symbol of rupee on 15th July 2010 and whether that person is related to the RBI governor?
Does some case is pending with Govt of India regarding some payout to be given to that rupee symbol guy and valuation of INR since then and now.

Whole story lies in between the link........there is more to share....

regards,
Chetan.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: INSIDER'S TRADING - BOOKIES!! Reply with quote

hedger wrote:
Hello Friends,

Hedger.

Heder,

Whatever the case...if you really are a "technical fellow", as you say you are, then all this shouldn't matter to you at all. I would advise you to stay away from this as in the long run it may not work out. Something like this has the habit of blowing up in one's face eventually. Also, relying on such things for your long term success is not advisable anyway.

ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea Chetan.... maybe you have info?
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: INSIDER'S TRADING - BOOKIES!! Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
Hedger, Whatever the case...if you really are a "technical fellow", as you say you are, then all this shouldn't matter to you at all. I would advise you to stay away from this as in the long run it may not work out. Something like this has the habit of blowing up in one's face eventually. Also, relying on such things for your long term success is not advisable anyway.

ST: Doesnt work out in short term also. They just want some bakras to create a buying market for their "Sells" OR a selling market for their "Buys". But I guess we all have to find out some truths for ourselves. Prakash Holla
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: INSIDER'S TRADING - BOOKIES!! Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:

ST: Doesnt work out in short term also. They just want some bakras to create a buying market for their "Sells" OR a selling market for their "Buys". But I guess we all have to find out some truths for ourselves. Prakash Holla

Very true.

veerappan
Expert
Expert

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi... i got this type of things 3-4 times... when satyam was 194 ... one of my trader came to my office and set... veeru just keep the cash with u and with your friends... within two days u can buy at 9 rupees....can u believe...? it came to that day on two days after.... and we tried so much of qty ... chasing chasing.. finally we got big qty from 19 to 26 ranges... and we sold those stocks at 63 ranges.. and for that sett we took call options also... [ that month itself satyam in fut on nse is over Very Happy ]......

always risk is there..... but u cant buy the stock for upside prices... like this 9 rupees then its fine ... i can say this... similary pipava ship we got a news and got good qty ... and came out on 90 rupees... that 15 days trading was more than 70-100 lak shares ... if u need u can check....the volumes on those days.... now its not working...

but basically charts will tell the truth before the hammer or before the rally... we found some piramid method stocks like sintex... rolta... gtl like this....

for this piramid method latest is tata motors..... 290-305 ranges... it was happen ... i said to my boys... take care...its getting piramid method... we dont know the results... but happen one fine morning its gone...

ultimately charts.. prices... candles... numbers...lights... on which time frame that is most important ... people forget this time frame... u r watching 15 min... and u need to carry for that cing 1 hour chart mean what is the use on that...? 15 min means just stick on to 15 min .... for profit booking u can use less time frames on 10 or 5 min.... when it moves up ... then 1 hour chart is also buy ... and u have good surplus then carry those things... bcoz u wont loose your money ... or i can say this way ... if u loose also with less money ... risk shd be less... that is the aim of that... first step decide the loss... second step... when plus goes up just book partially or change the tsl... good surplus and u r in fut or options then carry to next day... discipline discipline ...money management.... these things to be .... u will rock....

veeru
chennai boy
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Psychology All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: