Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting Candlestick Patterns - EOD - for swing traders.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Interesting Candlestick Patterns - EOD - for swing traders.
rajshreed
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherbaaz wrote:
casper wrote:
hiii brotherssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

whenever any body talks about candle stick, i just cant resist myself from uploading this ebook

its not mine, once i downloaded it from forum.

this is the 3 rd time i am uploading it

see if it helps any of u

artist

Hi,

this book would not help u much it may be use at most for quick ref nothing more in it. to understand candlesticks, understand the psyche behind the candles that will give u an insight into the mkt.

a hammer at every place for eg would not be off any use its position viz a vie over all chart is the thing u need to see. same goes with other patterns. there are many different ways u can use candlesticks in your existing systems and set up one for eg is divergence include candlesticks analysis in it and u will find a new dimension to your analysis and trade.
another eg i can quote and whih i use frequently if a hammer, hanging man or any other candle pattern rejection from a ema let say 34,20 any moving avg

add volume to candlesticks and you are GAME for sure.

for me if you know how to use candlesticks u need not to know any other thing.

regards,

Hello Sherbazz,

As you have quoted rightly that u/s the psyche behind the candle sticks. but the books' gud to start of with as i donno anythin much..
So how to exactly go about u/s the psyche could you guide me in tht? (if possible) also could you kindly elaborate your eg.? Embarassed

Regards

Rajshree
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candle Stick Patterns are very much HANDLE WITH CARE

So be careful while trading these patterns
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rajshreed wrote:
sherbaaz wrote:
casper wrote:
hiii brotherssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

whenever any body talks about candle stick, i just cant resist myself from uploading this ebook

its not mine, once i downloaded it from forum.

this is the 3 rd time i am uploading it

see if it helps any of u

artist

Hi,

this book would not help u much it may be use at most for quick ref nothing more in it. to understand candlesticks, understand the psyche behind the candles that will give u an insight into the mkt.

a hammer at every place for eg would not be off any use its position viz a vie over all chart is the thing u need to see. same goes with other patterns. there are many different ways u can use candlesticks in your existing systems and set up one for eg is divergence include candlesticks analysis in it and u will find a new dimension to your analysis and trade.
another eg i can quote and whih i use frequently if a hammer, hanging man or any other candle pattern rejection from a ema let say 34,20 any moving avg

add volume to candlesticks and you are GAME for sure.

for me if you know how to use candlesticks u need not to know any other thing.

regards,

Hello Sherbazz,

As you have quoted rightly that u/s the psyche behind the candle sticks. but the books' gud to start of with as i donno anythin much..
So how to exactly go about u/s the psyche could you guide me in tht? (if possible) also could you kindly elaborate your eg.? Embarassed

Regards

Rajshree

Hi,

I have said book is good for reference. now the reason behind this is the book mainly deal with candlesticks patterns not candlesticks the system/chart.

most of us are int only in the patterns/set up is when start learning candlesticks they focus only on reversal signals hammer,hanging etc but not on candlesticks.

If you learn candlesticks as a whole which definitely includes reversal signals/pattern then you dont need any thing. candlesticks are more than sufficient.

now the Q comes who has the time to put such a tall effort and its really an effort to learn candlesticks as all of us are int in making money and that to QUICK money forget about money keep your approach right money will follow u. that's what i believe in.

as i suggested in one of earlier post read book by steve nison you yourself will find the diffence between his book approach and other books. keep the book attached by casper as ready reckoner but only use it for reference.

regards,
rajshreed
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Book for candlesticks Reply with quote

Hi,

Is the book you talked about before

"JAPANESE CANDLESTICK CHARTING
TECHNIQUES: A Contemporary Guide to the Ancient Investment Techniques of the Far East STEVE NISON"

Regards
aromal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Book for candlesticks Reply with quote

rajshreed wrote:
Hi,

TECHNIQUES: A Contemporary Guide to the Ancient Investment Techniques of the Far East STEVE NISON"

Regards
2guns
sherbaaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Book for candlesticks Reply with quote

rajshreed wrote:
Hi,

Regards

ya
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Book for candlesticks Reply with quote

sherbaaz wrote:
rajshreed wrote:
Hi,

Regards

ya

this is a great book on candlesticks, ofcourse those who are interested in candlesticks
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitkbaid1008 wrote:

there are people who say "ignore indicators, they misguide you" and "technical analysis - it is a big waste of time" and so on. let me put forth my view. every part of technical analysis whether candlesticks or indicator based trading or any thing else for that matter, one will be able to understand only on experience. there are moments where every thing fails. failure is a part of technical analysis. there is no way we can say "it works 100% of times. you have to look for candles "where you have to look", it is not that "when ever you find a cs pattern it will work for you." ultimately, any thing works with more probability only with an enhanced analysis. technical analysis is not a 1+2 = 3 formula to give you an easy way to trade and so is the case with candles. but in my perception, if the higher timeframe trend is bullish, the bullish reversal patterns in lower time frame work most of the times, particularly hammer. and vice versa. i mean to say have the big picture before you get into micro level.

regards

padkondu
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padkondu wrote:
amitkbaid1008 wrote:

there are people who say "ignore indicators, they misguide you" and "technical analysis - it is a big waste of time" and so on. let me put forth my view. every part of technical analysis whether candlesticks or indicator based trading or any thing else for that matter, one will be able to understand only on experience. there are moments where every thing fails. failure is a part of technical analysis. there is no way we can say "it works 100% of times. you have to look for candles "where you have to look", it is not that "when ever you find a cs pattern it will work for you." ultimately, any thing works with more probability only with an enhanced analysis. technical analysis is not a 1+2 = 3 formula to give you an easy way to trade and so is the case with candles. but in my perception, if the higher timeframe trend is bullish, the bullish reversal patterns in lower time frame work most of the times, particularly hammer. and vice versa. i mean to say have the big picture before you get into micro level.

regards

padkondu

really nicely explained. i am so happy brother, u have explained the spirit of T.A, wish u more success in future

clap2 clap2 clap2
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: KFA Shooting Star Reply with quote

Hi friends,
KFA is forming a shooting starpattern after an up move for the last one week or so. the broad trend is down wards as given by 20+50 ema combination.

Shooting star:
this chart has the recent history/tendency of forming shooting stars at the top.

as required, the latest candle has a small real body, small lower wick and the upper wick is more than twice the real body. color of the candle is not important. only thing is that it did not form with increased volumes.

now let us get into the intra day action of this stock on 25/01/11.

the second chart gives the intra day action of the stock. though it is not necessary to go in to the intraday price action. this is an example of typical shooting star.

the opend gap up showing the bullishness as it was moving for the last week or so. then during the second half of the day, it wen in to the control of bears. look at the volumes during second half.

one can go short on the next day on close below the low of this candle, which is 58. with stop just above high of the candle which is 59. the probable target is 53, the most recent swing low. however on breach of 53 it could go to 49 which is the 161.8% retracement level of current up move.

regards
padkondu

KFA SS intra.png
 Description:
Look at the intraday action. all the bulls were neutralised and the stock went into the hands of bears during second half of the day.
 Filesize:  19.09 KB
 Viewed:  507 Time(s)

KFA SS intra.png

KFA SS Dly.png
 Description:
this is an eod chart. on 25th jan 11, KFA formed a nice shooting star pattern.
 Filesize:  17.41 KB
 Viewed:  487 Time(s)

KFA SS Dly.png

Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: IOB Shooting Star Dly Reply with quote

As with the KFA, IOB also formed nice shooring star pattern.

The big picture: down trend
Current move: bullish for the last week or so
Shooting star formed
short on close (just before the close of the market) of the candle below the low of the current shooting star with stop just above the high of the shooting star.

the stock closed almost at the bottom if we check the 10 min chart. but on eod chart it is shown as different since, the last 30 min moving average is considered for the closing price of a stock but not the actual LTP at closing. so practically there is no lower wick. and the upper wick is more than twice of the real body. boy is small as compared to the normal open close range of the stock.

regards
padkondu

IOB SS Dly.png
 Description:
Shooting star on eod chart
 Filesize:  17.88 KB
 Viewed:  481 Time(s)

IOB SS Dly.png

IOB SS Intraday.png
 Description:
Intraday price action. just out of interest.
 Filesize:  21.5 KB
 Viewed:  471 Time(s)

IOB SS Intraday.png

Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: AUROPHARMA - Inv Hammer Reply with quote

dear friends.

Inverted hammer is a bullish reversal pattern and generally it is considered as a weak pattern.

on 10-12-2011 it formed an inverted hammer. but the case is different from now. on 10th december, the stock was in up trend. the next day stock closed above the inverted hammer top and above pivot line and above the marubozu line of previous big bearish candle.

but now the stock went into short term down trend and below the pivot lane. so it may not work this time.

if we go into the intraday price action, the stock closed at the bottom and the second half of the day was controlled by bears. so it is not a bullish reversal pattern this time against the big picture.

however, if the stock closes above the pivot line with huge volumes the one can consider going long with the low of the entry candle as stop.
it is too far from possibility.

regards
padkondu

Auro Pharma eod.png
 Description:
Inverted hammer below 50 day ema, below monthly pivot. this pattern is not so strong to deal with this bearish ness
 Filesize:  17.02 KB
 Viewed:  557 Time(s)

Auro Pharma eod.png

Auro pharma intraday price action.png
 Description:
Look at the intraday price action, how it went into the total control of bears
 Filesize:  18.56 KB
 Viewed:  487 Time(s)

Auro pharma intraday price action.png

Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: CS Patterns Reply with quote

Hi friends

to day there are three posts. the basic idea behind these posts is pure education in this area of tech analysis. i am also not an expert. the openions here are not trading ideas. i invite the comments from experts on candlesticks.

regards
padkondu
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: KFA Shooting Star Reply with quote

While IOB did not close below yesterdays low, KFA hasa closed below yesterdays low breaching the bottom of the shooting star. the auropharma, - inverted hammer - did not work as a reversal pattern , just as expected.

let us see what will happen to kfa

regards
padkondu
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Some Information on candle sticks Reply with quote

Hi freidns!

some of our friends have asked about the candle stick patterns and as such i am attaching two doc file which contains very useful information about candlestick patterns and methods to deal with candles etc. Please note that this is gathered from various sources, duly deleting unnecessary information.

regards
padkondu

Candlestick patterns. how to trade.doc
 Description:
little advanced treatment of candles

Download
 Filename:  Candlestick patterns. how to trade.doc
 Filesize:  682 KB
 Downloaded:  1017 Time(s)

Candlestick Patterns.doc
 Description:
basics on some important cs patterns

Download
 Filename:  Candlestick Patterns.doc
 Filesize:  634.5 KB
 Downloaded:  1398 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Technical Analysis All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: