Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is trading better than investing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Is trading better than investing?
nameeta26
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Is trading better than investing? Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to trading and investing. So, I would really appreciate some help here.
nameeta26
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Please help Reply with quote

I really need to know about it. Please help!
shrikanthiyer
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Investing v/s Trading Reply with quote

Hi Nameeta,

Both has got its own advantages and disadvantages....but investing is better in the sense that you dont hv to square off your position compulsorily and as such there is no compulsory loss...even though even for investing its sensible to keep certain % of stop loss...but u can average if the Scrip is fundamentally good...

In trading...its stressful as u have to remain before the screen and u hv to be quick enough to take entry and exit decisions (better if u know technicals) as fundamentals rarely work in case of day trading....also in day trading its prudent to keep some logical target...but STOP LOSS is a must...only advantage in day trading is your position is closed on same day so u dont have to worry about what will happen overseas which can affect your holdings...

If still any doubt pls post your query..

Thanks
Shrikanth
nameeta26
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for such informational reply. I think the day trading is much riskier and requires lots of attention. Do long term investment gives profit as the intraday trading?
Funder
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Investing and trading both have their own benefits, its not good to say which one is better or not, because ivesting in something will b more risky if you are unaware of market trends but they will give you high return while trading in something will be less risky as will not yeild higher returns, its all about your apetite for risk.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question itself reveals that you are a new entrant to the market. How ever I would like to throw some light on your dilemma....... whether to trade or to invest.

Simply speaking trading can supplement your investment..Strictly speaking there is nothing such as 'Investment' in present days. If you enter in to an asset without a thought of selling it at a later time that's called investment.

Now let us settle that long term trading is replaced with the term investement in present markets. As I said short term trading can supplement investement which can potentially give you higher yields and can potentially create wealth.

Now coming to trading statistics reveals that 95% of short term traders loose. Thats because you need an altogether a different mental make up and temperament in trading. In short term trading your account may bust in very short time span where as long term trading aka investing won't let it happen so fast and offers you reasonable exits time to time if you are wise enough to select good scrips.

Short term trading is exciting where as investing need not be that exciting.

If you are still inclined to trading let me know.....
chandrujimrc
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear rk_a2003 Sir,Welcome back,how are you sir?We need your active contribution once again to Running with the wolves thread.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chandrujimrc wrote:
Dear rk_a2003 Sir,Welcome back,how are you sir?We need your active contribution once again to Running with the wolves thread.

Thanks for your warm welcome Chandru Sir.Though I am still a regular follower of I charts forum now a days I am not finding much time for postings as I became active trader.

What I would like to emphasise is any strategy/pattern can not be viewed in isolation and must be linked with the over all context if you want to increase your success ratio including in ww.
Sun08
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to a landmark study done last year, one wouldn't loose money if one holds shares for 15 years even if one had bought at the top that time, just before a major reaction.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
……...Short term trading is exciting where as investing need not be that exciting.

though I stopped posting months ago, I had log in to greet rk. it's been a long time and welcome rk. I don't know why but I thought you settled in New Zealand?
chandrujimrc
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
chandrujimrc wrote:

Thanks for your warm welcome Chandru Sir.Though I am still a regular follower of I charts forum now a days I am not finding much time for postings as I became active trader.

What I would like to emphasise is any strategy/pattern can not be viewed in isolation and must be linked with the over all context if you want to increase your success ratio including in ww.

Thanks for your reply sir.
chandrujimrc
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:
……...Short term trading is exciting where as investing need not be that exciting.

though I stopped posting months ago, I had log in to greet rk. it's been a long time and welcome rk. I don't know why but I thought you settled in New Zealand?

Dear vinay sir,
Welcome back sir.How are you sir?We are missing your Nifty view.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chandrujimrc wrote:
Dear vinay sir,
Welcome back sir.How are you sir?We are missing your Nifty view.

hi chandru, tks for your kind comments. But I stopped giving my views due to too many -ve vibes. sorry for that. but I will PM you if there is anything worth mentioning. tks again
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:

Hi vinay! Nice to hear from you.Shall I too welcome you Smile .Yes we are shuttling between NZ and India. I am In India at present.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #15   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@vinay28, @rk_a2003

Where did you guys disappear? Very busy? One request....please visit iCharts from time to time and post something as time permits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Stocks All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: