Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Java update Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Java update Error
Thasmiq
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Java update Error Reply with quote

In the timeframe options, 2 secs actually refers to 2 hours and 4 secs refers to 4 hours. Please DO NOT update the lastest version of java (i.e. 7 or 1.7) on your system. Charts work best with java version 1.6 Update 31 or 32.

Dear ST,PT, & who else there in Icharts,

In the chart loading page, the above said message is displaying for the last some weeks.........So i am not updating the latest version of Java..........(I too check what will happen if it updates......my studies and preferences were not loading and list of scrips iam watching is reset....that is the effect.... i am not that much techie to find the tech probs..)

But i thought that it was a temporary issue and u people might fix that soon.....but after weeks it still remains there........what is going on with that update issue........i am frusturated with my java update reminder....in my browser....(i am using firefox...and it automatically updates its own version).

i have disabled java automatic updates.....but there was some addon compatability issues with the browser and it sometimes disables java....i hav to goto addon and enabling it every time....

May i know what was the reason to lag behind with old version when everything on earth is forwarding to latest version...
Thank you
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thasmiq bhai: let me share some thought with you
1 I also faced problems while using Mozilla. Mozilla giving problems lately. (I shifted on advice of Admin). Please shift to Chrome.
2 Do NOT go to Java website to obtain Java update. Go to CNet or other source (use Google to find)
3 Java taken over by Oracle. Earlier Sun people very nice, happy to see u get Java free. Now Oracle is giving max trouble because it wants to prepare public for paid version. (Owned by Larry Ellison, you can read about him by Googling). He spent $7 bn to buy Sun, he wants to get returns
4 Even if you dont update Java, no big problem. You will be asked at the start in ICharts whether you want to update or use old for once. Go to use old for once. On Sat or Sun when free, try to update
Rgds, Prakash Holla
Thasmiq
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i am unclear from your words are....
shall we go without updating java, i.e..remaining in the said java version 6 update 32...doesn't it makes any problems with any other applications which requires java updates....
If switching to google chrome is helpful what about with the java updation....there too we have to remain in this same version or not......

anyway thanks pkholla bhai....
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thasmiq,

There is something seriously wrong with Java version 7. Since its recent release there have already been 6 updates to it which clearly indicates continuing issues with that particular version. We have no interest in staying with version 6 but if things don't get stable and problems don't get fixed in java 7, there is no way we can move to it. The important thing to understand here is that the problem is with Java not with our charts. There is nothing we can do to fix it. Oracle has to fix it at their end. We are not sure when they will do it.

One solution is to install both versions of java (6 & 7) but enable only version 6 (and disable ver 7) in a browser that you want to use for iCharts. Enabling/disabling plugins is possible in both firefox & chrome.

Enabling/disabling specific plugins in Firefox :

1. Go to Firefox main menu

2. Click on "Add-ons"

3. Click on "Plugins"

On the plugins page look for Java version 7 plugins and click "Disable" button to disable those. Enable java version 6 plugins.

Enabling/disabling specific plugins in Chrome :

1. Type chrome://plugins in the website address bar. This will take you to plugins management page.

2. Find java version 7 plugins and click "Disable" link. Keep java version 6 plugins enabled.

I also suggest disabling automatic java updates for now or enabling/disabling plugins after automatic updates.

Last edited by SwingTrader on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thasmiq wrote:
what i am unclear from your words are....
shall we go without updating java, i.e..remaining in the said java version 6 update 32...doesn't it makes any problems with any other applications which requires java updates....
If switching to google chrome is helpful what about with the java updation....there too we have to remain in this same version or not......anyway thanks pkholla bhai....

Thasmiqbhai: Apart from what Admin have to say, let me add: I now use Chrome, I updated Java by going to google and finding update in Version 6.xx from NON-JAVA SITE (Like CNet) and now DONT FACE ANY PROBLEM AT ALL. NOT EVEN getting any msg either about "old version: update: or use once this time". I havent faced any problem with other applications either as I dont do much charting anyway! One more thing u should do is go to control panel - Java icon in settings and delete temp files early in the morning to clear the rubbish and speed up the ICharts working. Prakash Holla

Last edited by pkholla on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prakash, till date, I have had no problem in updatng from java website
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
I have had no problem in updatng from java website

Vinay: that's why u r great! I have had problems AND admin have had problems. I got reply to my query to support@icharts that dont go to java site but some other one (which I forget). I had already tried thru google route and found private sites like CNet which also allow u to choose version to DL, (but I suppose IChart reco would have worked perfectly as well). I purposely chose older version among those available and am perfectly happy with Chrome browser+Java 6.XX (I forget which) + daily jaadu/ pocha safai in java cache at 0900!!! Cheers, Prakash
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile you naughty!
Thasmiq
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank U guys..........

but one thing to say pkholla & vinay28... i hav no update issue or something like that with java. i.e. java not updating or updated java not working like that...it will either automatically updates without any problem from java site or i manually download it sometimes from some other sites. filehippo.com is one which i regularly use. (i think that i hav not violated forum t&c. that site is somehow useful).....

vinay28.... which chart are you using.....i remember several days before somewhere at the forum u said that u were using livecharts....i think that won't have java related problems....but now u are using jcharts means than.....no comments.....i am sorry...

and ST sir, ...i stopped at version 6.32...itself.....but i didn't install both the versions..... i am already following what u hav said and thank u for ur reply sir.....and till date i have no issues with jcharts

what my question is why are we staying at older version....(my little knowledge of PCs yells that latest would be better than older book ......so i always keep updating my programs.....and ofcourse the free ones always..24 ).....and now ST sir had cleared my doubts....thank u once again guys.......
thx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Problems & Complaints All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: