Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Learning the Elliott Waves is difficult but not impossible
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Learning the Elliott Waves is difficult but not impossible
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitagg wrote:
...... Little knowledge is dangerous .....

IMHO, pursuit of knowledge is supreme and in that pursuit, knowledge is always little in the beginning but that doesn't mean one should just keep storing more and more. As it is collected, it also has to be tried and tested, as you did.

We did it unknowingly as infants, as a matter of evolution, but now we have to put in efforts. days of spoon feeding/upbringing are gone.

One word of caution though from personal experience - wisdom often comes after you have no money left. Smile
Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you all for a sincere encouragement.

Amit- Yes Constance Brown is the person.
Vinay- If we all unite atleast we can start defeating the FII list starting from bottom and that does seem possible looking at so many funds underperform the index.
Opportunist- Thumsup to you bhai, I even kept ignoring it few years ago because I thought it was difficult.
Ravee- If we have a goal in our mind we can achieve it.. we may not even get toghter to do that but.... its possible.

Guys I am uploading just a very initial stage model.

May be many of you could understand it if have understanding of the knowlege of a bit excel to evalaute formulaes and retrace them.

So far Model has the prices of Nifty since year 1995. but I have started evaluating event since 2000 till 2009.

so far my aim is to predict the Time Rythem Zone (TRZ) as said by Robert Miner. I have started getting the durations of actual time zone when the high or low is expected. on the long terms which is still as long as 2 -3 months for the bigg market moves, 4-10 days for the 2-3 month move.
so far only tested it for lows (bear trends).

TD= No. of Trading days
CD= Calender days
L-L- TD= Low to Low Trading days.
H-L- CD= High Low Calender days

rest you wil understand.

I will further try to decrease it give 2-3 days time target

short coming is sometimes the weekday holiday spoils the predictions. and models predictions becomes deviated in the terms like diwali, new year when there are much more holidays.

Dont think that it will not help in day trading because I am developing a second model that gets price and updated from googel.

challenge here is the time data is coming in codes and I am fighting to integrate that with longer daily data so that even low can be predicted a few minutes length with presicion. uploading both the models.

let us give it a try coz the Axe that is itself made of wood when hammerred with a sharp edge on tree and the contiusly hammerred at the same spot of the tree it makes the tree fall.

unable to upload... but I will make it reach to you all any how.
Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, in last few days I studied Patrick Mekula's Defeinitive guide to forcasting square of nine as suggested by Raja in his thread. I read it all however not able to apply it practically and hence I doubtful till I dont use them. meanwhile I got an excel on net on which I could have tested Mekula's examples but I found the following challenges:
1. Nifty is in 8000 range and square of nine is till near 700 or 800, it requires huge time to make a square of nine with figures till 8000 planted on it.
2. I got doubful on square of nine when I studied few chapters of Gann's Master stock market course as Gann's book has it in different format.
a. Gann has used it in columns 1-9 in first column, 10-18 in second and so on.
b. Mekula plot 1 in the middle and then 2-3-4-5 etc in the clock wise direction and claims that Gann has used clockwise most of the time.
3. I could have done the practical of Mekula's Book on the found out excel sheet but since, I am testing the Time as per Miner's book and all the testing so far I have done on Nifty and unable to apply Mekula's methods on nifty coz of limitations on square of nine.

on the other side I have begun with all the confidence to start reading the Gleen Nelly's Mastering Elliott wave but got stuck to the place where he starts retracment rules (chapter 3) and says that this requires your orginal charts to practice. First I dont know to make the charts of high- low average points he has suggested. Second is it possible that I use it on the charting software (candlesticks)?
Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Nifty 15Mint EW as per DT Reply with quote

if minor wave 4 high broken then we can conclude that wave 3 or C of major degree if over.

NIFTY - DT Setup_6H - Sep-24 1142 AM (15 min).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.78 KB
 Viewed:  453 Time(s)

NIFTY - DT Setup_6H - Sep-24 1142 AM (15 min).png

Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Nifty 15Mint EW as per DT Reply with quote

Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
if minor wave 4 high broken then we can conclude that wave 3 or C of major degree if over.

NIFTY - DT Setup_6H - Sep-24 1225 PM (5 min).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.87 KB
 Viewed:  442 Time(s)

NIFTY - DT Setup_6H - Sep-24 1225 PM (5 min).png

Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Nifty 15Mint EW as per DT Reply with quote

Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:

Nifty may stop at 7954 as it is 38.2% of 1-3 wave of major degree (15mints)

if not stops here then 7912 61.8% of 1-3 wave and also a important spot on a cyclic base (this is from a Book I recently read will share its link today)
Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Nifty 15Mint EW as per DT Reply with quote

Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:

if not stops here then 7912 61.8% of 1-3 wave and also a important spot on a cyclic base (this is from a Book I recently read will share its link today)

all these levels will get active only if 7980 recent low is broken (probability is high, reason I will tell sm1 asks)
Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Nifty 15Mint EW as per DT Reply with quote

Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:

all these levels will get active only if 7980 recent low is broken (probability is high, reason I will tell sm1 asks)

Niether wave 4 of smaller degree is getting broker nor the low of 7980. which indicates that this is a complex correction.
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think markings not correct

wave 3 cannot be the shortest even if minor wave.....
Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitagg wrote:
i think markings not correct

wave 3 cannot be the shortest even if minor wave.....

Amit just now measured it . 3 and 5 are of same length.

I marked it wave 3 when wave 5 also completed and the move seemed impulsive rather corrective.
Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Nifty 15Mint EW as per DT Reply with quote

Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:

Niether wave 4 of smaller degree is getting broker nor the low of 7980. which indicates that this is a complex correction.

7954 done 2guns
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellant first interpretation!!!!
Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: New Labelin in nifty Reply with quote

New Labelin in nifty

NIFTY - DT Setup_6H - Sep-24 1422 PM (15 min).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.14 KB
 Viewed:  450 Time(s)

NIFTY - DT Setup_6H - Sep-24 1422 PM (15 min).png

amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave 4 is monowave.....not ABC pattern????
Ruchirgupta2000
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: New Labelin in nifty Reply with quote

Ruchirgupta2000 wrote:
New Labelin in nifty

seems 7912-14 target will be hit coz 7954 was broken by wave 3 minor. and wave 5 still remains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: