Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LIVE CHARTS TO BE DISCONTINUED
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author LIVE CHARTS TO BE DISCONTINUED
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: LIVE CHARTS TO BE DISCONTINUED Reply with quote

We have decided to discontinue our "Live Charts" product (the plain image intraday charts) due to these not being feasible for intraday live charting. We plan to release these later in an installable software format.

There are many technical issues with live charts. Plotting of charts is not exact, volume does not display properly, these charts are too slow resulting in our server slowing down. Too many issues and we will not be fixing these as these are plain image charts which are not suitable for intraday live charting.

The current Nifty futures chart in Live Charts will be removed too (after May 2008 expiry) as its data is not reliable. We are trying to get futures data from a data vendor, we will release futures service once we start getting data.

Please post your comments here.

sureshb65
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: live charts Reply with quote

dear st

i am a keen follower of live charts, please do not remove them is my request. if live charts is not there, where can i see twenty days nifty charts, is it possible in jcharts. i think in j charts we can see maximum five days only. please clarify.

thanks
sureshb65
ramtirupati
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ST,

I am also a keen follower too of live charts like Sureshb65. His comments exactly matches with mine. There is no facility to look into 10 or 20 days chart in Jcharts. It is useful for Day traders only. Hence, you are requested not to discontinue Live charts keeping in mind the need of subscribers like me.

regards,

ramtirupati.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: live charts Reply with quote

sureshb65 wrote:
dear st

i am a keen follower of live charts, please do not remove them is my request. if live charts is not there, where can i see twenty days nifty charts, is it possible in jcharts. i think in j charts we can see maximum five days only. please clarify.

thanks
sureshb65

You can view upto 40 days charts in JCharts, in live charts you can view only upto 20 days that too it will be very compressed with candles appearing very close. In JCharts you can view 40 days charts by scrolling left & right and also zoom in/zoom out as necessary and viewing it exactly the way you want.

Live Charts are inadequate for intraday/live charting.

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramtirupati wrote:
Dear ST,

I am also a keen follower too of live charts like Sureshb65. His comments exactly matches with mine. There is no facility to look into 10 or 20 days chart in Jcharts. It is useful for Day traders only. Hence, you are requested not to discontinue Live charts keeping in mind the need of subscribers like me.

regards,

ramtirupati.

To view charts for more than the default number of days in JCharts, please follow these instructions: http://www.icharts.in/education/icharts-help/jcharts-how-to-increase-the-number-of-days-of-data-shown.html

Let me know if you need more help with this.

limayeav
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st sir, regards. i hope you reconsider and donot remove nifty futures live charts as it is only place where it is available. since you have made it very clear that it is not realtime nobody should get hurt by its inaccuracies. also i dont think its that bad that it should be discarded. at end of day it is very useful for analysis. since its futures which are traded that data is important. once again requesting you not to discontinue nifty futures live charts.live charts in present format is very simple and user friendly.will new format be so?
vinst
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST,

I follow more of LIve charts on NF than jcharts which is only for cash prices! Live charts offer the convenience of self updating NF charts, multi-day with indicators. One need not use them for just day trade. I feel it should be retained otherwise a major advantage of icharts site is removed.

regards,
vin
naman
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: NOT TO DISCONTINUE ICHART Reply with quote

Dear SRIKANT SIR,
WHAT PROMPTED YOU TO DISCONTINUE LIVE CHARTS.I REQUEST YOU NOT TO DISCONTINUE IT..JCHART NEEDS JAVA AND IT IS NOT EASY TO USE IT..LIVE CHARTS IS USER FRIENDLY...AND I DON'T THINK IT IS HURTING YOU ECONOMICALLY AS WELL..SO PLEASE THINK OVER IT AGAIN.
THANX
NAMAN.
hsarora47
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: live charts Reply with quote

i fully agree that these charts should not be discontinued.
actually these are the only charts i am using for day trading after doing analysis in the evening.
for actual price, i keep the JCharts window open.
however, for trading Hourly Bollinger Bands with three deviations simultaneously, Live Charts are peerless. this functionality is not availabe in other charts in icharts.
please, do not discontinue these charts until and unless alternate software is available for displaying 10-days hourly charts along with continuosly displaying three standard deviations(S#,S@ and S!).
and since it is very clearly stated that the prices displayed may not be accurate, where is the risk.
KINDLY KINDLY DONOT DISCONTINUE.
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
hsarora47
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine....I will let Live Charts continue for a while.

Actually the software we were planning to replace live charts uses the exact same charts so the look and feel would be the same.

The problem is Live Charts are killing the server during market hours. We cannot just keep updating our server frequently. Live Charts ARE NOT AUTO-UPDATING as a user above stated. To be frank the charts do not display accurately even if we get accurate data. I am scared to realise that people are using it to trade.

NOTE: Whoever are using our live charts are using at their own risk. Nifty Futures in live charts will be removed once we launch separate futures service in near future.

hsarora47
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Nifty Futures Reply with quote

ST sir,
Very Happy
v r eagerly waiting 4 Live Nifty Futures.

Very Happy Thx 4 continuing Live Chrts.
vinst
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST,

thanks for keeping the Live charts ALIVE.

regards,
vin
ven657
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Add date to EOD Screener Reply with quote

Request you to add date column to eod screener.

ven657
sandew
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Keep Livecharts Reply with quote

I only use livecharts as picture is clearer.
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sandew,

This is a very old post.
Live Charts have survived after that.

Have fun Arrow ...PT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Website News/Updates All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: