Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Java Applet Charts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Live Java Applet Charts
nms
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Live Java Applet Charts Reply with quote

HI Swing Trader,
It's good to find quality charts with more technical indicators & Oscillators here.

Just have a look at this site..

http://www.netdania.com/ChartApplet.asp?symbol=EURUSD

Here the charts are very interactive.....one can draw trend lines also..

It uses Java Applet for the same....

Will be happy if i could find my favorite stocks similarly here at icharts.in

Smile
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. we'll think about this.
kkseal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really think of changing things to that extent I would suggest using the newer .Net platform & Web Forms Both the coding & rendering would be lot faster than Java applets.

Thanks
kalyan
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to .Net platform would be a significantly major move for us as we are not familiar with the technology. Our servers are Linux based and our expertise is PHP & Java. I said I would consider Java because before this website was launched (and a PHP based chart generator was used) we had a working version of chart generator built using Java (including an applet version).

We'll see....at the moment there is lot of work to be done. No plans yet for Java applet based version or anything else. But we are continously looking for ways to build better charts, and if we find an alternative that is really good we will find ways to use it.

kkseal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand It's better to perfect what you have (the Weekly charts for instance; they remain poor cousins of their Daily counterparts) & implement what you have already planned and maybe started working on than attempting anything drastic at this stage.

Cheers
Kalyan

P.S.: MONO is out of beta stage & Microsoft's recent deal with Novel for virtualization of Windows in SuseLinux looks interesting for the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: