Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Market Data
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Market Data
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
I have tried a different method to analyze the data today....As per that the order of bullishness is as follows:

RELINFRA
NTPC
UNITECH
ICICIBANK
DLF
BHEL
ONGC
SBIN
SUZLON
RELIANCE
NIFTY
HDFC
HINDUNILVR
LT
TATASTEEL
INFY
RCOM
STER
BHARTIARTL

IMPORTANT: This is just experimental. Please dont follow this.

Sam

As per this, its better to take profit in Bharti Airtel, Sterlite, Infy, Tata Steel and LT.

Also, one may buy the stocks Reliance Infra, NTPC, ICICI Bank, BHEL, DLF if it corrects.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
psalm wrote:
I have tried a different method to analyze the data today....As per that the order of bullishness is as follows:

RELINFRA
NTPC
UNITECH
ICICIBANK
DLF
BHEL
ONGC
SBIN
SUZLON
RELIANCE
NIFTY
HDFC
HINDUNILVR
LT
TATASTEEL
INFY
RCOM
STER
BHARTIARTL

Sam

As per this, its better to take profit in Bharti Airtel, Sterlite, Infy, Tata Steel and LT.

Also, one may buy the stocks Reliance Infra, NTPC, ICICI Bank, BHEL, DLF if it corrects.

Bharti has fallen from a high of 394...trading around 387 now.

Sterlite is trading around 124....the high made today is above 127...

Tata Steel is trading around 463....The high made is 478....

The high made by Infy is around 2810....trading around 2770 now....

L&T IS TRADING around 1375 now....the high made today is 1397
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2guns 2guns
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

file 1
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

files 2 & 3
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: PCR Reply with quote

As per the PCR data provided by Vinay, I have created a list of the stocks according to their bullishness. It is as follows:

UNITECH
BHEL
STER
DLF
SBIN
SUZLON
NTPC
LT
ONGC
TATASTEEL
RCOM
RELINFRA
NIFTY
RELIANCE
ICICIBANK
BHARTIARTL
INFY
HDFC
HINDUNILVR

As per this list, one should think about buying the stocks Unitech, BHEL, STER, DLF....buying on dips would be better....

However, the stocks are HINDUNILVR, HDFC, INFY and BHARTIARTL are stocks which you must book profit if they go up.

SAM
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #37   PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
psalm wrote:

RELINFRA
NTPC
UNITECH
ICICIBANK
DLF
BHEL
ONGC
SBIN
SUZLON
RELIANCE
NIFTY
HDFC
HINDUNILVR
LT
TATASTEEL
INFY
RCOM
STER
BHARTIARTL

Sam

From the time this thread was started by Vinay, I have been bearish (from the PCR data) on Bharti Airtel....Look at the stock now.....made a high of around 400 a few days back...now made a low around 354.....that means down by around 12% where the nifty hasn't gone anywhere....
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but are you making money? if not, what's the point in my posting? Smile
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
but are you making money? if not, what's the point in my posting? Smile

I didn't short it vinay....but If i were LONG in that, I would have definitely been out....I was just warning people holding Long in Bharti...By the way, I'm looking for Buying opportunities now.... Very Happy
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
psalm wrote:
psalm wrote:

RELINFRA
NTPC
UNITECH
ICICIBANK
DLF
BHEL
ONGC
SBIN
SUZLON
RELIANCE
NIFTY
HDFC
HINDUNILVR
LT
TATASTEEL
INFY
RCOM
STER
BHARTIARTL

Sam

From the time this thread was started by Vinay, I have been bearish (from the PCR data) on Bharti Airtel....Look at the stock now.....made a high of around 400 a few days back...now made a low around 354.....that means down by around 12% where the nifty hasn't gone anywhere....

Another Jewel....Reliance Infra....bounced back from a low of 540....currently trading around 595.... 2guns
amit0666
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay sir sam sir
how we use these data for trading and how we identify buy sell and profit booking plz clearify
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #42   PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam is best placed to explain amit
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: PCR data Reply with quote

amit0666 wrote:
vinay sir sam sir
how we use these data for trading and how we identify buy sell and profit booking plz clearify

Hi Amit,

As everyone knows PUT/CALL Ratio (PCR) is nothing but the ratio of Total number PUTs divided by Total Number of CALLs. So, when more number of PUTs are written, the PUT/CALL ratio will be more than 1. People write more PUTs when they are bullish about the stock. PUT/CALL ratio of more than 1 means market players are more bullish about the stock than bearish. Also, if the PUT/CALL ratio is less than 1, it means more CALLs are being written. That shows that players are more bearish about that particular stock or index. These are simple information. I just wanted to sort them out by using last day's values and also the value of the day before that. So, I have decided to use the data as explained below. I have no idea if this method is a useful one. But I felt by doing so, i can sort the stocks in an efficient way.

Vinay has been giving the PCR of a few stocks. He was providing the data of the last day's trade and also, the day before that. What I have done is that I have divided the PCR of last day by the PCR of the previous day. Suppose PCR on tuesday of a particular stock is 1.5 and that on wednesday is 1.2. Then what I'll be doing is that I'll divide 1.5 by 1.2. You'll get a value of 1.25. Similarly, I'll find the values of all the stocks. If you know how to use Excel sheet, its pretty simple. After calculating the values of all the stocks, I'll sort them in descending order. The one with largest value will be more bullish. This is one way of analyzing the PCR data.

Vinay had given another set of values in that same document. It as nothing but the 5-day EMA of the PCR values. You can do the same calculation using the last day's data and 5-day EMA. After calculating the values you can sort them like we did earlier. This is another way of using the PCR data. The values calculated using the 5-day EMA will show a trend rather than a day's data. So, this will give another dimension to the Market Pulse.

What I had done on the last day was to experiment a bit with both these values. I have multiplied both the set of values and calculated a new set of values. I have sorted the list after that. I have done that because I felt the new values will reflect both the latest trend as well as the prevailing trend. As per the list I have created, I got Reliance Infra as the most bullish stock and Bharti Airtel as the most bearish stock by that list. Look at the way those stocks have behaved today.

Regards,

SAM
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam, are you saying that you multiplied ratio of pcr with ratio of ema of pcr? if so, good.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #45   PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
sam, are you saying that you multiplied ratio of pcr with ratio of ema of pcr? if so, good.

I'll explain it by an example....

Suppose the PCR of TUESDAY is A and that of Monday is B

I'll find the ratio, R1, of these two first.

R1 = A/B

Suppose 5-day EMA of the PCR is C, I'll calculate the change with respect to that, R2....

R2 = A/C

Now we have R1 and R2 of all the stocks. I'll multiply R1 an R2 for each stocks. I'll get a new value. I'll then sort the stocks according to this new value. This is what I have used last time.

Regards

SAM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: