Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Market Direction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Market Direction
codered
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as per you say Ajayji, in the coming future , there will be an indicator naming "Foolish Index".

even at that time you will say use it or loose it.

24 24 24
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct ! Laughing
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codered wrote:
Well as per you say Ajayji, in the coming future , there will be an indicator naming "Foolish Index".

even at that time you will say use it or loose it.

24 24 24
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codered wrote:
Ajayji, I don't have much experience in Equity Market but what one of the Expert of this form says,"Let us play the numbers" and its true as because its all PRESENT AND NOT PAST, Technical Indicator can trend only PAST.

Yes you can say so that evenly it sets a stage but can anyone tell when there will be wind or snowfall at a particular given time.

We do not need to know when there will be wind or snowfall, we just need to know what kind of probability there is of wind or snowfall. Once that is known, adequate protection can be used if necessary or avoid risk partially/completely by positioning ourselves in the market properly.

It takes years of experience to understand this (atleast it took me, others might get it earlier)....we can use ANY technical indicator to trade profitably IF we use it to tilt probabilities in our favour by determining WHERE WE CURRENTLY STAND AND HOW TO REDUCE RISK BY USING PROBABILITIES IN OUR FAVOUR. Using technical indicators to identify/study past market action or trying to use them to predict future market action is futile. I use indicators to position myself properly in the markets and reduce risk significantly. Thats it. Nothing else is required.

rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
codered wrote:
Ajayji, I don't have much experience in Equity Market but what one of the Expert of this form says,"Let us play the numbers" and its true as because its all PRESENT AND NOT PAST, Technical Indicator can trend only PAST.

Yes you can say so that evenly it sets a stage but can anyone tell when there will be wind or snowfall at a particular given time.

We do not need to know when there will be wind or snowfall, we just need to know what kind of probability there is of wind or snowfall. Once that is known, adequate protection can be used if necessary or avoid risk partially/completely by positioning ourselves in the market properly.

It takes years of experience to understand this (atleast it took me, others might get it earlier)....we can use ANY technical indicator to trade profitably IF we use it to tilt probabilities in our favour by determining WHERE WE CURRENTLY STAND AND HOW TO REDUCE RISK BY USING PROBABILITIES IN OUR FAVOUR. Using technical indicators to identify/study past market action or trying to use them to predict future market action is futile. I use indicators to position myself properly in the markets and reduce risk significantly. Thats it. Nothing else is required.

Well said ST .You boiled down your experience to above write up. clap2
codered
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
codered wrote:

If all what you said is right with your perspective and as you used the word probability & in precise it means "CHANCE", then what is the experience all about, perfecting the "CHANCE" , regarding managing risk, how fart around, first we create risk & then we need cover & even to have cover , we need premium, see it goes round & round and when you are at RISK, THERE IS NO STAND.

All the years risk has been put in place to create , manage & decimate "CHAOS" , the more chaos , the more money.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

create, manage and decimate chaos?
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Technical analysis and Weather Reply with quote

codered wrote:

Hi Codered,

You have compared technical analysis with weather prediction. Its a good comparison. In the U.S., the metereological department always gives details of cyclones days before its arrival. These forecasts are not perfect. When they say that the cyclone might hit the coast in another 5 hours, you can be sure that it might vary by a few minutes. So, in that sense, I agree with you completely that weather forecasting is not perfect. But man, don't you think these weather forecasts are helping the people??? You should ask the people of caribean islands or people from the coastal states of the U.S if it helps. The very survival of these area depends upon these forecasts. By the way, if you think that weather forecasting is just fluke, then its better to wind up the topic here cos there is noway one will be able to convince you.

If you are about to go out and see the black rain-clouds, which one will you prefer?..a bike or a car??....definitely a car...because, you knw that the chances of raining is high. If you are not behaving like this, then you must be a fool. The most difficult thing for a fool is to believe facts. I dont have any intention to call you a fool. Unfortunately, the way you are talking, it seems true. If you are comparing technical analysis with astrology, card reading or numerology, then you are wrong. That means you dont believe in stats and probability, you dont believe in science.

NOTE: If you are just a kid and that you didn't know anything about these things, i'm sorry to blame you. My apologies.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam

This ‘Fool’ comment is quite uncalled for .You could have made your point stronger without such comments.

It may lead to unhealthy atmosphere.

Hope you understand what I mean

Regards
RK

Code red

May I request you not to respond to these comments.Please.My apologies.
codered
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Technical analysis and Weather Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
codered wrote:

Hi Codered,

You have compared technical analysis with weather prediction. Its a good comparison. In the U.S., the metereological department always gives details of cyclones days before its arrival. These forecasts are not perfect. When they say that the cyclone might hit the coast in another 5 hours, you can be sure that it might vary by a few minutes. So, in that sense, I agree with you completely that weather forecasting is not perfect. But man, don't you think these weather forecasts are helping the people??? You should ask the people of caribean islands or people from the coastal states of the U.S if it helps. The very survival of these area depends upon these forecasts. By the way, if you think that weather forecasting is just fluke, then its better to wind up the topic here cos there is noway one will be able to convince you.

If you are about to go out and see the black rain-clouds, which one will you prefer?..a bike or a car??....definitely a car...because, you knw that the chances of raining is high. If you are not behaving like this, then you must be a fool. The most difficult thing for a fool is to believe facts. I dont have any intention to call you a fool. Unfortunately, the way you are talking, it seems true. If you are comparing technical analysis with astrology, card reading or numerology, then you are wrong. That means you dont believe in stats and probability, you dont believe in science.

NOTE: If you are just a kid and that you didn't know anything about these things, i'm sorry to blame you. My apologies.

Hey psalm.

The saying goes "FOOL CAN BE BETTER UNDERSTOOD BY ANOTHER FOOL", so you can understand that even you are a fool, so i didn't take offence but you pressed yourself to be the fool in disguise , you want to know how, look you talk about the U.S., the metereological department predicting wrong but as they are analyst as like Technical Analysis do with no clear precision, they keep on doing harm and the people of caribean islands had developed the precision to go the reverse of metereological department. Even When Goldman Sachs comes out with BUY & SELL, their client use to follow them as they used to be some great Technical Analyst but now they do the reverse & make lot more money.

Regarding comparing technical analysis with astrology than what is GANN all about?

Look you are a fool & believe in farting around , you don't understand what is example's are used all about.

Regarding Stats & Probability, All STATISIAN are mere clerks who believe what the record & its analysis say is TRUE.

Regarding me, have you heard CMI,Chennai, Have u ever been, i think you never will be.

I am a number geek, I am a Gold Medalist from CMI,Chennai, and from here i can't say more but believe me you know nothing, even you had known nothing, u had been something.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Dear! 40
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Technical analysis and Weather Reply with quote

codered wrote:
psalm wrote:
codered wrote:

Hi Codered,

Hey psalm.

The saying goes "FOOL CAN BE BETTER UNDERSTOOD BY ANOTHER FOOL", so you can understand that even you are a fool, so i didn't take offence but you pressed yourself to be the fool in disguise , you want to know how, look you talk about the U.S., the metereological department predicting wrong but as they are analyst as like Technical Analysis do with no clear precision, they keep on doing harm and the people of caribean islands had developed the precision to go the reverse of metereological department. Even When Goldman Sachs comes out with BUY & SELL, their client use to follow them as they used to be some great Technical Analyst but now they do the reverse & make lot more money.

Regarding comparing technical analysis with astrology than what is GANN all about?

Look you are a fool & believe in farting around , you don't understand what is example's are used all about.

Regarding Stats & Probability, All STATISIAN are mere clerks who believe what the record & its analysis say is TRUE.

Regarding me, have you heard CMI,Chennai, Have u ever been, i think you never will be.

I am a number geek, I am a Gold Medalist from CMI,Chennai, and from here i can't say more but believe me you know nothing, even you had known nothing, u had been something.

It shows the standard....no wonder, i haven't heard of it..... 24

Apologies for the term FOOL...I regret it....

Regards,

Sam
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codered wrote:

If all what you said is right with your perspective and as you used the word probability & in precise it means "CHANCE", then what is the experience all about, perfecting the "CHANCE" , regarding managing risk, how fart around, first we create risk & then we need cover & even to have cover , we need premium, see it goes round & round and when you are at RISK, THERE IS NO STAND.

All the years risk has been put in place to create , manage & decimate "CHAOS" , the more chaos , the more money.

I really do not understand what you want further from my posts. What I posted below is the "core" of how I have been trading for years now and the results are much more than satisfactory. As others have said about what I am posting here....take it or leave it.

Wish you the best.

codered
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Technical analysis and Weather Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
codered wrote:
psalm wrote:
codered wrote:

Hi Codered,

Hey psalm.

Regards,

Sam

Standard, haven't heard it?

I hope you might have not heard this"Stupidity is limitless & generosity limited"

I could have ripped you off but as this thread has been started by Ajayji & Swing Trader as shared his views and i shared my views but if someone like you want to live in FOOLS PARADISE, Go on.

How could you, Fools never will be,simple.

Ajayji & Swing Trader & RK,sorry.

No more posts,let this thread be on its path.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Technical analysis and Weather Reply with quote

codered wrote:
psalm wrote:
codered wrote:
psalm wrote:
codered wrote:

Hi Codered,

Hey psalm.

Regards,

Sam

Standard, haven't heard it?

I hope you might have not heard this"Stupidity is limitless & generosity limited"

I could have ripped you off but as this thread has been started by Ajayji & Swing Trader as shared his views and i shared my views but if someone like you want to live in FOOLS PARADISE, Go on.

How could you, Fools never will be,simple.

Ajayji & Swing Trader & RK,sorry.

No more posts,let this thread be on its path.

Anyway, the Fun is Limitless......You are sooo funny Codred....hahaha

Humility is like underwear, we should have it on but not let it show.

Regards.....

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: