Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY STORY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author MY STORY
deepakraoa
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #61   PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: My Story Reply with quote

Hi To All,

I am from Bangalore born on 76, Work in Technical Support Industry and had never been into Trading and Investments for past 35 years.
I was just thinking that it is better late, than never and have finally entered the market and I am just 2 weeks old. So you can consider me a infant in this trading world.
But with Guidance and Discipline it is not Impossible to achieve high results. THANKS to ICHARTS for changing my perception.

I am sure that 100% results are not achievable and you can be considered a good trader if you win more than 75% of the times.

I really appreciate the Brave hearts who have posted their experiences in this forum, I say "Brave Hearts" because you all have the "NEVER SAY NEVER" attitude, Even though most of them have Lost a Lot in terms of MONEY, PATIENCE , PEACE but never lost the CONFIDENCE in attempting to TRADE again.

I am a very new Member in this forum and this is my first Post though.
I have never been into trading and never had the interest to Trade, because I had a perception that it was more of Gambling and people are trying to do a fast buck in the attempt and end up losing most of their Capital and it is most of the times.

I should thank my friend Venkat who has been into this trading and has benefited from Online Internet Trading and I got induced and Intrested into Trading when I learnt that there is more than losing money 70% of time and earning 30% ., Honestly, I am just into Technical Analysis ( TA) from past 2 weeks and trying to understand the strategies behind.

What is TA and its Purpose?
Basic Assumptions of Technical Analysis Technical Analysis is the study of market action
primarily through the use of charts for the purpose of forecasting future trends - John J Murphy

The purpose of Technical Analysis is not to be able to accurately identify each and every market position
all the time. The real objective is to find trading opportunities that have a probability of success

>The Market discounts everything.
>Prices move in trends.
>History tends to repeat itself.

“ Show me the TECHNICAL ANALYSIS charts and I'll tell you the news.”– Bernard Baruch

I have done 3 (real)trades so far which has been succesful and thanks to Icharts which has boosted my confidence to place those orders. I would not let this success get into my head because it is not by luck but by design.

These are few tips that I have learnt and I would like to share on:

“The most important part of making money is capital preservation. The first step to capital preservation is capital allocation.”

There is difference between Trading and Investment and hence allocate funds accordingly, If you cross this limit there are high chances that you would loose Capital.

Also, dont try to go against the market, it is like swimming against high tides in sea.
Set your STOP LOSS :SL on every trade.
Trading requires good skills, discipline and one needs to follow discipline without any emotions.
Dont be greedy to invest all of the capital amount.
Dont take loan to do trading
Dont pledge your assets for trading.

“It’s not whether you’re right or wrong that’s important, but how much money you make when you’re right and how much you lose when you’re wrong.” – George Soros

So friends, who are experienced in this trading, who have learnt the hard way to achieve the goals of making the easy money the hard way.
I would like to quote from internet that "Experience is the worst teacher. It always gives the test first and the instruction afterward".
So many people have lost their entire savings, assets, and other materials to gain experience in the Stock market.

Nothing is as simple as it seems at first Or as hopeless as it seems in the middle Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Thanks and Regards for reading through....

Deepak
aromal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #62   PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunrays wrote:
born 1986 delhi...spent 4 years there...shifted to mumbai...studied there. spent 14 years till 2004...shifted to hyd in 2004...completed b.tech in 2008....joined an international call cntr in may 2008 for a renumeration of 13000 rupees a month. earned closer to 65k in 6 month till sep 2008.......
had no idea of wat my life was shaping up ....watched a movie gafla based on 1992 securities scam in sep 2008...the protaganist of the movie is Harsha mehta....i was so inspired by harshad mehta that i opened a demat cum trading account in sep 2008 ..invested 30k....as i was working in night shift i had to track my stocks (satyam,rpl,icici,axisbank) in the day time ....i spent 3-4 day without sleeping as my stocks tumbled....soon i decided to quit my bpo job....i started trading full day from oct 2008...my only job for the next 6-7 months was to buk losses...losses zoomed to some 40k by may 2009..then some 1 told me about artha money that was offering 25/lot in options trading ....that encouraged me to open a new account as i was paying 100/lot earlier with other broker....i started trading options only to incur further losses..lost some 35 k in next 6 month...(resn i had no clue of professional ta trading )then thru orkut i came to know abt icharts.....i called their hyd office...i guess it was kamal whom i spoke first...i got registered with them in dec 2009....first 4-5 month i was a sbohilic...i spent 16 hours daily in sb forgetting the purpose of subscribing to icharts for live charts... tho i attribute most of my ta learning to icharts sb and its members....i worked a lot to learn the massive subject of TA....thanx to protrader,jimmie,speculator,mayurnsk...... i joined karvy as a research analyst in dec 2010.....my research head played a massive role in rectifiying my mistakes...he made me feel even more confident...i left karvy after 6 months in june 2011 as my goal in life is to be a professional full time trader again...tho i joined another firm to gain some more industry expeirience.....in the meanwhile i have made some good money( as those have been logical trades which i wish to do ahead in future)

thanx to MR DAV first (the owner of students of stock market community) who first told me about icharts...Thanks to Srikanth kurdukar/Manish agarwal/kamla sir for giving us such a beautiful platform..Thanks to speculator ,jimmie,mayur for their valuable insights...
AEOM sunrays very happy to know your journey from delli to hydrebad.......... so u spent time in 3 great cities of india...... thats really great artist
Ram405
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #63   PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aromal Very Happy
iamAnna
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #64   PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: casperji Reply with quote

Laughing casperji share your experience please........ all are waiting artist
NEERAJ79
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #65   PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: after all Reply with quote

after all experience & cumulative loss of 5 years i am now earning 2-3% daily on my capital. i started trading in 2005 with almost nil capital. my broker lost my 200000 rs as at that i time i did not know what this market is?
slowly i learned chart study still did some loss in early phase of the training. but because of that hard work & experience i am earning at least 2-3% daily on my capital employed. that too is on intra-day basis.
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #66   PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: casperji Reply with quote

Jacksparrow wrote:
Laughing casperji share your experience please........ all are waiting artist

hi brother,

my story is very simple, i am of ur age i guess, born in 1983, in a suburb of kolkata in a middle class family, i was always inclined to join armed forces,following the family tradition, and up to the age of 25, stock market was the most distant thing in my world,

from the days of my early childhood, i had two loves, deep loves.... one for armed forces and another for my mother and i considered my mother to be the most critical obstacle who can prevent me achieve what i want to achieve.... a seat in indian military academy... she was "dead against" it but she was the person without whom i could hardly live, so i was in a dilemma as i was never ready to choose any one in between them , i prayed to god almighty to solve my problem, god heard my prayer, he solved my problem, my mother, without her, i have not stayed a day so far, died suddenly..... i was barely 12 then.

after the usual shock and grief, when i recovered, i found myself more determined for an army career, now i have paid a price, now nothing can come to my way, i have lost my mother and now on mother india is still there and i got to serve her

due to my father's profession, i got him rarely though his is my best friend,[yes, best friend of mine, more than "my father", still today] and i had to brought up almost independently, money was never a factor but i rarely had the soft touch of a tender hand on my head and shoulders, it was very different from my childhood, my future life was taking its shape , but i was unaware of it

being unaware of my destiny, i decided to make myself a "macho one" by taking up all the things which which a strong kid like me should do, i started learning tae-kwon-do and joined NCC and after some time, i got myself enlisted for basic rock climbing training, it was unexpected life for me and being dare devil from child hood [ it is said when i was a kid, if some body would tell me "dont do this there is a ghost, i would start crying saying " show me the ghost now, or i will never eat, never sleep, never stop too Very Happy ] i enjoyed a lot and among my friends got the place of "boss" very fast

it was going smoothly then came a day when i had an accident which made me almost blind, i was in class 11 by then, now see my situation, my eyes are gone.... doctor told me it will be okey, soon it will be okey, but will never be so much okey that i can try for an army career.....

i had two loves, mom died when i was a kid, and the door of army closed for ever due to my own fault when i was preparing for National Defense Academy exams

this is the first time i felt like a trapped dog, waiting to be shot after some time, bcoz, i know nothing, really nothing and my temperament will never permit me sit for any service exam, bcoz i hate any other service from the core of my heart, any body doing this is okey, but its certainly not my cup of tea, i am really hot headed, i was not born with it, but i developed it and i cant separate it from my psychology any more...... its too let

however, after H.S i went to some college to study B.sc, still the cyclone in my mind is there, no solution i could see, and literally i have nothing to achieve from this world, what the world has to offer me? days were passing with sun rise and sun sets, i was indifferent....

with my dad busy in his service and thanks to my "acting ability" that i showed him every thing is right with me and partly due to excellent academic results, he never got a hint of what i was going through, and being aloofish, i never knocked him up to then

it was during an excursion when i came to know about rural art works and handicrafts and saw their poverty too, as if some thing told me " tushar u r gone, but why not do some thing for them?" doing some thing??? for them??? i asked myself ..... am i father of the nation or national father??? it was my reply

but some how i finally got moved and due to some connections, mostly in form of nri members of my family, i started working with them, providing a market and then got my export license done and started export, i was in final years in my studies then

stock market?

who cares? i am flying too high, expanding my horizon like mad. man, i started loving it and i was unaware that another bolt from the blue is waiting for me

soon came late 2007, i am well placed in my business, busy like hell, exports are rocking, we formed a company to do things properly, but some thing started going wrong..... we were too stretched out according to our capacity, some payments were getting "due" and we were having tough time to recover them, since we are no longer under family members protections [with which i started], so there is virtually no one to see what is actually going on...

december 2007... it was first time i started experiencing money shortage... and by february i was almost "bingo" march is coming, by end of it i need to pay my suppliers, i stretched it too long, i started realizing

april 2008, i am virtually bankrupt

a few more months passed above my head like whirlwind.... like my childhood days, did i said my favorite quote?? [ my fav quote was... if u can finish me then do it, otherwise i will be back and finish u.... i took it as it fitted with my teenage 'image"] i dont remember

i was defeated, really defeated, i realized i fought a lot, but now i am really done, i had no urge to struggle any more, enough is enough and i am ready to commit suicide by then

cutting a longer story in short, i never had courage to pull the trigger while the barrel is facing my forehead, so i survived, i had a nice gentleman in my side, whom i was virtually unaware of, he is my father, he protected me as if he was not father, but my mother, thats why today i am alive to write all these thing, wasting urs as well as my time and energy

it was his faith on me that gave me a reason to fight back, i joined stock market not as a trader, nor as an investor, i came here to gamble only, initially, i had no money for loss, that why i lost all of my capital which i could gather, i had no knowledge of market and its dynamics, that why today i help fresher guys, i went bankrupt so today when i face a loosing trade, it does not hurt me much and when i make money, i really have no happiness for success, my past experience made me a machine at the best.... its not me, i was not born with it.... situation made me what i am today

i wrote every thing in details so that u can see what was the factors crafting my psychology today and what can be my psychology while i take a trade....bcoz i strongly believe, trading is a psychological game and if u want to know a trader, know what made his psycho profile

most of the peoples respect me here, seniors love me like their own younger brother, if , after knowing this, u want to hate me,or laugh at me, i have no problem, but if u wish to know me, u should know what i have gone through

and if i get to chance to give a message, i will only say "never say die". what else i can say....
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #67   PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: casperji Reply with quote

hi casper,

As Robin Sharma said, each disaster in life comes with an opportunity, only we do not recognize it. you are really inspiring. unlike the usual, you saw the new opening in each disaster in you life, instead of blaming the world, blaming the god. hats off to you.

wish the life will give the best in rest of your life and i know you are the one shaping your life and can shape it the best.

regards
Padkondu
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #68   PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Every Human being is a product of his own environment”. True.

Casper ! What can I say after reading your story?!----- Inspirational.

You are too mature in stock market for your experience. You and I entered the Market almost at the same time. You are far ahead. May be you are far ahead of so many .

That itself shows what a quality Fighter you are. Quality Fighters always win. Mother Nature always rewards them.

I wish you all the best Casper!

You are going to be a true inspiration for so many.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #69   PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very touching, Casper. Just out of curiosity. Do you think you have had a 7 year cycle of ups and downs?
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #70   PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi pandkandu anna, rk and vinay

thanks for ur nice comments and encouraging me Very Happy

but i feel it was only the situations, which drove me from point to points, enjoyments and suffering came hand in hand and finally gave me a feelings that by the time i finish this journey, all will be "squared off" at break even

situation was demanding and i had no way also, so i had run down the only way which seemed to be only open one at that time, so in my view, it was simply nothing special and i am sure any one who [god forbid] comes to face such situation would have done something like this or even better

i am grateful to my past for one reason only, it showed me happiness and sorrow is essentially two sides of the same coin, if i take one, i must accept another too, as a result, i dont bother for both any more

Neutral

padkandu anna

u r not seen in forum for a long time, i hope every thing is ok at ur end? r u trading now a days? or busy??

and rk

brother, plz dont think there is any thing extra ordinary in me, we may have started at the same time, but u have another profession to look after, while i am a full time trader, i think that caused the difference actually and if u try enough, i am sure u will also become a good trader

vinay

cant say about 7 years cycles as i did not noticed it yet, infact when i saw ur post, i started thinking about it, but i have a hobby for astrology, acording that, upto 2013 i am going to face this kinds of things [ if my calculation is true] but as i wrote, happiness or sorrow does not matter much now, i am always happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
drsureshbs
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #71   PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR casper inspite of so many ups and downs u r a wonderful indivisual.good luck.
prafullkathe
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #72   PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: how to analysis eod charts for entry & exit Reply with quote

mr aromal iread your ststment in MY STORY iwnt to know about EOD CHARTS ANNALYSIS like you i also wandering here &there fpr correct method so i hope you will help me through icharts forum
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #73   PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drsureshbs wrote:
DEAR casper inspite of so many ups and downs u r a wonderful indivisual.good luck.

hi drsureshsbs

thanks and welcome

seen u after a lot time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

how is trading going??
Ram405
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #74   PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CASPER hattsoff man....u r the modern dabaang Very Happy
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #75   PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casper

Pl see my private mesage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: