Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY STORY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author MY STORY
aromal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #76   PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote] casperji i dont know wat to say.... i read your post many times.... am sure it will help lot of people to stand up and fight aromal, kerala orc
Padkondu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #77   PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casper wrote:
hi pandkandu anna, rk and vinay

thanks for ur nice comments and encouraging me Very Happy

but i feel it was only the situations, which drove me from point to points, enjoyments and suffering came hand in hand and finally gave me a feelings that by the time i finish this journey, all will be "squared off" at break even

situation was demanding and i had no way also, so i had run down the only way which seemed to be only open one at that time, so in my view, it was simply nothing special and i am sure any one who [god forbid] comes to face such situation would have done something like this or even better

i am grateful to my past for one reason only, it showed me happiness and sorrow is essentially two sides of the same coin, if i take one, i must accept another too, as a result, i dont bother for both any more

Neutral

padkandu anna

u r not seen in forum for a long time, i hope every thing is ok at ur end? r u trading now a days? or busy??

and rk

brother, plz dont think there is any thing extra ordinary in me, we may have started at the same time, but u have another profession to look after, while i am a full time trader, i think that caused the difference actually and if u try enough, i am sure u will also become a good trader

vinay

cant say about 7 years cycles as i did not noticed it yet, infact when i saw ur post, i started thinking about it, but i have a hobby for astrology, acording that, upto 2013 i am going to face this kinds of things [ if my calculation is true] but as i wrote, happiness or sorrow does not matter much now, i am always happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dear Casper Bhai.
Yes it is really a long time since i came on sb or forum. i am not much active in sb or forum. but i have always been active in trading as a trainee, bettering my self day by day. I seek inspitration from every source and respond to any thing that touches me.

All the seniors in the forum, yourself, speculator, sumesh etc., are my gurus, and i keep reading their posts.

good luck casper.
regards
padkondu
ANS_KOL
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #78   PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born 1979 in an upper middle class family in kolkata.
As a single child of working parents, grown up alone and at the same time with some inbuilt insecurities and attitude problems.
went Bangalore in 1999 for graduation in physical medicine and therapy, completed internship in jan, 2004, came back home town and joined in a private college as a trainee lecturer, at the same time opened up own set up of rehabilitation centre and sports medicine unit in kolkata.
Continued education and completed P.G. diploma in hospital administration in 2005.
At this point of time let me explain that none of my family members and even forefathers were even remotely connected to the stock market.
life was otherwise cool , but things were changing around me, had a nasty break up from a 10 years old relationship which was one of my prime support system, father s health started deteriorating and family responsibilities coming my way, left the college and joined an international health and wellness clinic as a consultant.
it is in the year 2008, that I was introduced to the Indian stock market through one of my immediate boss who , then , became my friend, philosopher and guide . it was like falling in love all over again, as if something possessed me , my interest in it started growing with every passing moment.
at times I started wondering, why I was wasting my time elsewhere? This is the place I belong.
I started trading with a capital of 1.5 lac in 2008, and I don’t want to say more about that investment,
Everybody can guess what can happen to a new investor/trader who enters in that very year 2008.
the more I was losing the more I was getting interested in that market, I could not sleep at night, and studied technical and fundamental aspects of investing .taken a technical analysis course from a well known technical analyst in kolkata .
Then I came across this gentleman who is one of the most powerful figures of kolkata and had his own broker house and stock market weekly and monthly publication house also. from the first day he started liking me and in Saturdays I used to go to his office and assisit him in his weekly publication. This went on for a year (remember, I was assisting him without a payment , this was a training sort of for me). Then he offered me a job of a research analyst in his organization which was a 12 hours job , but I was not able to get that elsewhere as do not have a finance background.
I was doing well in the wellness industry at that time, earning well and on my way to become one of the top guns of the organization. But then, I was destined to do something else, to utter surprise to my colleagues, friends, family members, one fine morning I resign from there, let my clinic to be run by juniors and joined that person s broker house.
My salary drops alarmingly, I was earning around 50k, and in the brokerage house they paying me just 6k, that s it. You may be surprised but then I already said that I was possessed by the market and wanted to get attached to it somehow. Now, I was completely in the stock market. my reports, technical data, market forecast started getting published in weekly renowned newspapers( people who belong to Kolkata or West Bengal can easily recognize me as there are just 2 weekly publications of stock market newsletters. though I do not want to disclose the name of the broker house and magazine myself.)
I was busy like hell, giving live calls to the clients in the market hours, writing journals, collecting data from website, hardly got any time for even lunch.
in between I started growing up as a trader, I evolve from a young restless emotional trader to a machine who just trade a system and leave his mind and emotion outside the trading room as people leave their footwear outside temple. But in spite of that, losing money constantly, only the pace of capital erosion became slow. I started developing my strategies, they gave result, but then there were series of drawbacks also. I modified a trend trading strategy which worked well, I made huge profits twice in the year 2010, but then the small whipsaws were unavoidable and at the end of the year I found I lost 20% of my trading capital. I develop a few more but, I had to admit, none of my strategy worked well which can be used as trading for a living.
so in this forum, if someone criticize or rebuke strategies proposed by my friends like avinash, rk, parray, I just pity on those fellows, they don t know how difficult it is to develop a strategy, it takes long hours of research, waking up at night in cold perspiration, going back to laptop, so many series of frustrations …it may take a lifetime to develop a market beating strategy..
anyways, thing again was changing so fast, parents retired, father s health condition became worse, and started feeling the financial pressure by now, as I said I had a sound family financial background, but you cannot go back to your parents for your expenses, then became father, my baby daughter Avantika made this world a far far better place for me, wait! Did not I say you; mine was an arranged marriage in the year 2007.
anyways, I decided to start my career as a trader and at the same time fortunately I got a decent offer from a leading institute to be the lecturer of biomechanics, and I grab it as the little salary of broker house was not taking me nowhere and I was not seeing any long term prospect in it, it was an eye opener, only love for stock market can not earn bread for you, it s you who has to earn that by your hard work.
my boss and the owner of the broker house understood my crisis but he, being a businessman can not go out of his ways to help me out and let me go, till now I am in good terms with him and at times assist him with some internet datas and trading ideas. Relation of mutual respect.. Don’t die with professional terms.
so, here I am , friends, lecturer of biomechanics in a famous college in kolkata, running my own set up of neuro, ortho and sports injury management. Life rotates around patients, students and family members to become a renowned technical analyst and famous market personality now seems to be a forgotten dream..
But still, all of my rest periods rotate around stock market, still now I eat, drink and sleep stock market. And restlessly working to develop or find a strategy that will give excellent profit in mid to long term.
I have Rs 1 lac in stock market, I made it a point this is the last thing I am going to lose and after that I will leave market forever, I may enjoy it over a cup of tea, may discuss about the forthcoming recession, but never trade again.
Not repent on whatever I have done in life, I may be in a far sound financial condition if I continue with wellness industry, but then I followed my passion and dream and never let it go unless it was unavoidable.
Wish all my forum friends trading success and hope together we all can become successful traders some day in near future.
Love
ANS.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #79   PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be following in the footsteps of Dr. C K Narayan
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #80   PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANS!

Happy to read your story.What a love affair with stock market.I was impressed with your passion towards share market.

Shall I tell you one strange coincidence .Now I am working with a salary of 60k p.m and seriously thinking to leave this job and to take up trading as a profession.Till today Iam a part time trader.

It's not because of money that I wanted to take up this profession.Infact I lost a good amount of money in stock market . (However, it's not having any big impact on my financial status.)Some how I found this profession as challenging and interesting.

But, our friend Casper scares me by saying -once you are a sucessfull trader It's really boring .

I am confident that you are not going to be out of market.I sincierly wish your sucess with your remaining Capital. I really don't want to loose a trader friend ANS

ALL THE BEST ANS!

RK
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #81   PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk

with a very very light note [ hope u would not mind my foolish joke]

some get possessed by ghosts out of nowhere

and some go to haunt the ghosts only to be possessed by them

so look at the experience and once again i tell u, if u wish to miss ur 60k pm sure shot pay package and really want to get bored , leave ur job at once and join the market in full force

newinvestor
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #82   PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, our friend Casper scares me by saying -once you are a sucessfull trader It's really boring .

Hi Casper. Long time . Hope you are enjoying your trading. Too busy these days, but do peep into icharts once in a while.

I think what Casper says is absolutely right, succesful trading is absolutely boring.

I have read somewhere that successful trading is as boring as watching paint dry or as boring as watching grass grow !!!

I have been in the Stock Market since 1985, but have always lost money. Did not know anything about TA , but now have been inspired by Casper and in the last year or so have been trying to learn TA as much as possible.

I thing I realise about my past trading of about 25 years ( ofcourse not continous, there were many long breaks after losses) was that I was trading 90% of the time, and thinking, analysing and learning only 10% of the time.

It was very exciting , but too many trades would lead to too many mistakes, and ofcourse lot of brokerage.

There were no one or two Trading Strategies / set ups that were my masterstrokes, something that I was comfortable with and which I had mastered.

Now, I am not trading much, just concentrating on formulating a couple of trading set ups that will work for me .

I think I will do much fewer trades than before, will trade only if I have my set up, and every trade will have a stop loss.

I have been following the NVK thread with interest.

Also, Casper's guidance on breakout trades will be one of my set ups.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #83   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt ! You are really determined to scare me off Laughing Laughing Laughing

Casper ! Maybe you are seeing a serious competition threat in me 24 24 24

casper wrote:
rk

with a very very light note [ hope u would not mind my foolish joke]

some get possessed by ghosts out of nowhere

and some go to haunt the ghosts only to be possessed by them

so look at the experience and once again i tell u, if u wish to miss ur 60k pm sure shot pay package and really want to get bored , leave ur job at once and join the market in full force

casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #84   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi rk

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

oh yes, if i cud scare u off, ofcousre my chance of winning will be increased in near future.[ bcoz seriously, i believe if u can keep ur enthusiasm intact, soon u guys will rock the market]

now jokes apart, i have serious suggestion too

if u really like this market and still want to play safe, u can try comm market too

it starts around 10 am, goes on up to 11.30 pm

so even if u get back from ur job and start around 7 pm, still u will hv lots of chance to trade and at the same time u will be secured by ur present profession too
maneesh007
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #85   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha..."Din Dugni Raat Chaugni Taraqqi !"... Very Happy
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #86   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi aromal and ram

thanks and welcome

hi newinvestor

yes, its a really long time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

its very sad for me that all of u r now busy Sad

and we communicate very less in forum, even me too, after starting trading in other markets, i am really going through the hell u can say

hi maneesh ji

yes, even if rbi were permitting indians to trade freely in international cash forex, i would even say, go and trade there, bcoz it is 24 hrs market
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

but it needs lots of paper work and subject to approval on special cases, so virtually no way for commoners
maneesh007
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #87   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi casper ji ,

hahaha...u r right my friend coz once u r a expert driver u can drive any car
in the world ( u just have to know it's bhp, rpm etc to know it's pickup &
power Mr. Green Mr. Green )... Very Happy
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #88   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Casper!

Thanks for your advise . I shall look in to it.

Frankly speaking I never thought about it.

Thanks again.

RK

casper wrote:
hi rk

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

oh yes, if i cud scare u off, ofcousre my chance of winning will be increased in near future.[ bcoz seriously, i believe if u can keep ur enthusiasm intact, soon u guys will rock the market]

now jokes apart, i have serious suggestion too

if u really like this market and still want to play safe, u can try comm market too

it starts around 10 am, goes on up to 11.30 pm

so even if u get back from ur job and start around 7 pm, still u will hv lots of chance to trade and at the same time u will be secured by ur present profession too
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #89   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your job is a stock!!!
This is for my trader friends who are doing a job while trading.

Sometimes, especially in bull markets, you start profiting from stock trading effortlessly.

Sometimes the profit is exceptionally high.

You start feeling invincible.

You start getting that feeling that you can't lose!

The memories of having lost start fading.

Suddenly thoughts start coming to your mind about going for trading full-time!

You seem to feel that you are wasting your time in job.

You start moving towards that trigger called "Resignation"

That is the most dangerous situation. You are literally floating in a psychologically inflated state.

That is a bubble!

While full-time trading is not bad, you have to be triple sure that the time is right and you are ready for it!

A few questions and hard-look should be enough to prick that bubble:-

1) How many months of salary-cash do you have as a backup besides the principal amount you have?

2) Do you have the experience of making money in the bear-run?

3) What is your experience of trading during recession times?

4) What is your experience of trading during highly volatile times?

5) What is your experience of trading during extended period of illogical price movements?

6) How will you handle situations like adverse circuits?

7) How long can you stay liquid in times of crisis?

Cool What was your performance in times of very high stress?

9) Remember the Murphy's Law - 'Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong!"

Remember, if you are drawing Rs.20,000/- pm salary, then your job is like a stock which is giving you Rs.20,000/- returns every month! And that too...assured!

Stock trading is a deceptively simple business!

Stock Market is like a sea where watching a sunset can be one of the most beautiful moments of ones life.

But it is also the same sea where a High Tide or a Tsunami can change many a lives in a flash!

Think before you sell that stock called "Job" from your portfolio called "Happy Life".
SID2060
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #90   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to share a great trading software I have come across.

But, first, why have a trading software?

- it automatically tells u what to buy

- when to buy or short

- when to square off

- it helps u to trade without emotions

- it helps u in having patience till the entry or exit signal appears

- it helps u identify and ignore false signals

- it reduces ur brain work.

- it saves expenses of subscribing to tips

- no more dependency on others for tips

The software I am sharing with you has all these advantages besides the following bonus benefits:-

1) Being the best trading software in the world, it guarantees that there is no forecasting inaccuracy and vulnerability in case of sudden news (as is the case with other trading software).

A normal trading software cannot predict sudden fluctuations caused by sudden news.

Lots of people tend to lose money as the prices suddenly try to get away from their expectations. Not any more with this software.

2) Generally, the forecasting system inaccuracy is due to the obsolete information preserved in the software.

In order to overcome this, normal trading software need to be upgraded frequently. But not this software I am talking about.

3) Unlike other software, it doesn't depend on the past data but also future possibilities!

4) Unlike other software it keeps self improving with more and more trades carried thru it!

5) Unlike other software available in the market, it doesn't give you rediculous trade calls which are easily befooled by the manipulation of human traders.

What's really amazing about this software is that you are given the full and absolute rights of ownership for life time. you own the copyright.

If you don't know English, you need not worry, this software is available in all languages of the world. You may opt for your mother tongue also.

Besides, it comes with a free trial.

If you successfully go thru the trial offer, it comes free!!

However, It doesn't come in CD. It has no manual.

Also, when you order for this software, it is delivered right into your....
brain!!!

The name of this best software of the world is : "IMeMyself"

Developed by : "You, Inc!"

The user name is : selfconfidence

Password : practice3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: