Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Trading Journal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author My Trading Journal
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: My Trading Journal Reply with quote

I have been trading for some time and have learnt a lot in Icharts and TJ. Have picked up a lot of concepts and have merged them to make my own system.

Have borrowed heavily from Alchemist's yorker and Shubhadip's pivots. The preferred time frame for me is 15 minutes. Backtested the rules for last 10 years and max drawdown was 300 points with 10 successive losses.

The building blocks of system are really simple. 3 EMAs and pivots.

I use same EMAs as what Alchemist boss uses for his yorker method but dont use crossover to enter. I use a break of minor pivot to enter into a position. SL is a crossover of 5 and 34 EMA. SL is bullish crossover for short trades and bearish for long trades.

Trades are only entered in direction of 200 EMA. So if we come out of trade, re-entry is at a break of minor pivot. In cases where we go long and 5 EMA < 34 EMA at the time of re-entry, we keep prior pivot low as SL. SL to move back to 5X34 EMA crossover as and when we EMAs re-align.

Handling gaps - If we gap up/down over 200 EMA, wait for a pivot to form before taking a position. If pivot is broken, take a the trade. If we gap up/down over a minor pivot in direction of 200 EMA, we would take the break of 1 minute high and take position.

I use all in method to trade which implies no partial profit taking. As of now I am flat and order for long entry has been placed at break of 10680.

Instead of doing this in an independent blog, I thought would be better to post here and share within the community
manojkr78
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good that you share your ideas here at icharts as some experts do.

Good Luck
Manoj
rrsekhar
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luking forward

regards
rrsekhar
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manojkr78 wrote:
good that you share your ideas here at icharts as some experts do.

Good Luck
Manoj

Thanks Manoj. Bear in mind am no expert.

Between your message and mine. Got a long and was stopped. Long order at 681 (fill at 684). SL @ 655 (fill at 654). 30 points loss, 33 if you count costs.

So am down -33 points at start on this thread. Lets see if i can keep my discipline
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will go short below 10609. SLM placed
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singhu2 wrote:
Will go short below 10609. SLM placed

Short from 1060. Started with tradejini today and getting a lot more slippage than normal. Lets see how it continues.

SL is 10640 as 34 ema is greater than 5 ema
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Trade today. Still carrying short from yesterday
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SL hit at 10622. no position now
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt get a chance to update yesterday. More trades, more drawdown...seems that is what happens when you start.

So went long at break of a pivot last afternoon at 10668 and covered in 15 minutes at 10626. finally went long at 10673 and still holding the same. as of now -89 points booked and 89 points unrealized profit (CMP NF - 10762).
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long closed at 719 now.

Net positions since i started posting here (-44 points) after 4 complete trades
singhu2
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still holding the long taken at 10730. Hope we dont have a gap down
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Trading Journals All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: