Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New SEBI Norms
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author New SEBI Norms
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: New SEBI Norms Reply with quote

Admin, will this "hurt" forums such as icharts?

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/markets/from-dec-1-only-registered-analysts-can-give-recommendations-sebi/article6643934.ece
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New SEBI Norms Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/markets/from-dec-1-only-registered-analysts-can-give-recommendations-sebi/article6643934.ece

my comment on it has been published and hence I am removing it from here.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: SEBI ka diktat! Reply with quote

Vinay: There must be a difference between public and open forums like Times of India investment page and a closed (and restricted to members) body like IC. Otherwise you may get penalised by SEBI for sending me a PM in response to a query from me!
What is interesting is what will happen to public opinions page in moneycontrol and similar websites where all sorts of comments appear ranging from Tulsiyan to newbie who started punting y'day!
Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prakash, one thing is sure and that is sebi has succeeded in confusing and scaring one and all considering the huge number of posts I am seeing on other forums and FB groups. So, they have got the desired results.

remember domino theory?
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm just gonna word my queries as "Vinay are you buying nifty for trgt 8750?"... Then he is replying to a question of his trade and not giving a tip Razz

Below is a reply from elsewhere:

[quote]
This is not new.. Going on from last one year.. Every country has these rules. which are good for investors. we welcome these steps. As a Discussion forum, we will have to just register as forum. But those who give paid services need to register with SEBI as analyst / advisors. But those investors who hold shares and want to discuss about those companies, for them no registration will be required. This is the standard practice in other countries. So hope it would be same here.
Quote:
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
Well I'm just gonna word my queries as "Vinay are you buying nifty for trgt 8750?"... Then he is replying to a question of his trade and not giving a tip Razz

and it's going to cost you a fortune! 24 24
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think all this is a new line for FinMin to GOUGE money from our pockets. My broker shows 20+ entries for one day's trading when he sends me a copy of my ledger. So once you are registered with SEBI, dhamaal starts for the advisor. I wonder whether my broker needs to register as advisor as often clients (incl me) ask for marg-darshan
Svc T, STT, Sales T, Stamp duty, SEBI chg, NSE chg, edu cess* 2%, edu cess* 1%, herana , pherana, submit return as per format before 31 March electronically to fool@idiot.gov with snail mail copy to idiot. fool.gov at PIN 420420. If we dont ack within 15 days please send snail mail once again
* Started by UPA to please Commie Finks when their support was essential. Not removed after Commie Finks removed support. Neither has NDA removed this INSANE tax.
** I hear NDA may start a Swach Sochalya Tax to finance Modi's dream project: andar-wali sauch facility!
rameshraja
Expert
Expert

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Vinay / Mr Apka

Its for Research Analysts of fundamental analysis..

http://www.sebi.gov.in/cms/sebi_data/attachdocs/1385713647782.pdf

Read carefully above link..

Therefore, you can continue to give your opinion for Nifty Future to crash to 2000 or blast to 20000
AEOM
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rameshraja wrote:
Mr Vinay / Mr Apka

Therefore, you can continue to give your opinion for Nifty Future to crash to 2000 or blast to 20000
AEOM

Thank you Smile
welgro
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is already published in the gazette of india dated 1st september 2014

Please go through this ..

http://www.sebi.gov.in/cms/sebi_data/commondocs/RESEARCHANALYSTS-regulations_p.pdf
nakum
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rameshraja wrote:
Mr Vinay / Mr Apka

AEOM

Dear Rameshraja sir

Can I post my view for nifty option ???

plz reply

thanks
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: New SEBI Norms Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

We do not think this is going to affect iCharts much. But users giving / posting calls need to go through this more carefully as it affects them.

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Mr Raja and ST. I have read the doc. As I read it, any post can be considered by sebi as objectionable. So caution is the best preventive medicine.

welgro, yes it came in sept but is applicable w.e.f. from 1/12 and hence I raised it before that.
welgro
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebi asks Moneyworld to stop providing investment advice

http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/sebi-asks-moneyworld-to-stop-providing-investment-advice-114120300509_1.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: