Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NF Trading Levels for 29.04.2009

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author NF Trading Levels for 29.04.2009
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: NF Trading Levels for 29.04.2009 Reply with quote

NF Trading Levels for 29.04.2009

R5 3636.00
R4 3551.77
R3 3522.63
R2 3467.54
R1 3447.67
BULL 3415.49
LOC 3373.38
BEAR 3331.26
S1 3299.08
S2 3279.21
S3 3224.12
S4 3194.98
S5 3110.75

SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Followup Reply with quote

Today's NF Chart (5 min) with relevant levels attached
ravin_06
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: NF Trading Levels for 29.04.2009 Reply with quote

[b]Sir,
Today i trade as SHORT as on bar to bar below, plz guide me if i am wrong in the trading.
1) @ 10.25 bar H- 3420.00,CL- 3417.15.Above-BULL
2) @ 10.30 bar H- 3417.90 CL- 3414.20.Below-BULL
3) @ 10.35 bar H- 3423.00 CL- 3418.50 Above-BULL
4) @ 10.40 bar H- 3418.35 CL- 3407.65 Below-BULL
5) @ 10.45 bar H- 3414.00 CL- 3411.00 Below-BULL
6) @ 10.50 bar H- 3412.80 CL- 3411.40 Below-BULL
7) @ 10.55 bar H- 3414.30 CL- 3411.90 Below-BULL

Above all are 5 min bar, bar 1&3 above BULL ,bar 4 5 6 7 Allare below BULL. I shorted NIFTY FUTURE @ bar 6 ie 10.50 bar @ RS-3411.85, With SL R1 3447.80.
Due to F&O expiry did not take LONG above R 1.

Is my SHORT trade was wrong ?

Awaiting your kind reply.

Thanking you.

[/
gunaicf
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: NF Trading Levels for 29.04.2009 Reply with quote

Hi srikanth i am watching ur nifty trading lvls past 3 days. Really ur lvls for nifty future is amazing . Your way of explanation to apply the lvl for trading is really superb. Everybody calculates somany lvls but ur way of apply the lvls is very useful to all traders . Bcoz if one trader uses once lvls he can enter only at some point say bullish r bearish .Whereas with ur lvls one can enter at any point on the trading day.Also the sl is very near if the trend turns aginst the trader.
gunaicf
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Is my SHORT trade was wrong ? Reply with quote

Hi ravin_06
Yes ur short trade was wrong on 29.04.2009 swing trader nifty levels as per 5 mts chart it turned at 10.10 bar you shd go long at 3400. sl as per sw level was LOC r between LOC and BEAR After it crossed the BULL and close above BULL u shd change the SL to LOC r between LOC and BULL . And after it crossed the R1 u move the SL to BULL r between BULL and R1. one important thing to note is DONT MODIFY THE SL UNLESS NIFTY CROSSED AND CLOSE ABOVE NEXT LEVL
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravin_06,

I think your confusion is because I probably have not explained the usage of levels very clearly. These next few days I will post more guidelines and probably a simple strategy to use the levels more efficiently.

Please ready my most recent post in the "How to use the levels" topic. I have talked there about identifying the "Key Level" immediately after market opens. For 29.04.2009 the key level was BULL because market hit there FIRST after market open. A key level means that your bias towards the market must change once the price crosses (closes) on either side of this level. If price closes above this level then you should be bullish (whether there is an expiry or not it does not matter) and when the price closes below this level you should be bearish. This concept is extremely important.

BULL turned a key level when price hit it on the 10:25 bar and it turned out to be a resistance on 10:40 bar. After this your bias should have been defined by whatever was happening with respect to the BULL level. After some sideways movement (close above and below BULL level) the bias shifted completely bullish after around 11:35, the bias did not turn bearish for the rest of the day after that. There were few other things I was looking at that I will clarify by posting few other guidelines with examples later this weekend.

There was no reason at all to be short on 10:25 bar. You have a valid short at 10:40 bar (two closes below BULL after a previous close above bull) but by 11:40 when there were two consecutive closes above bull it was a clear long signal. There were no short signals after that for the rest of the day.

Anyway, I will bring some more clarity to the usage of these levels by posting more info this weekend. So watchout for my forum post soon.

Last edited by SwingTrader on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: NF Trading Levels for 29.04.2009 Reply with quote

gunaicf wrote:
Hi srikanth i am watching ur nifty trading lvls past 3 days. Really ur lvls for nifty future is amazing . Your way of explanation to apply the lvl for trading is really superb. Everybody calculates somany lvls but ur way of apply the lvls is very useful to all traders . Bcoz if one trader uses once lvls he can enter only at some point say bullish r bearish .Whereas with ur lvls one can enter at any point on the trading day.Also the sl is very near if the trend turns aginst the trader.

Guna,

Thanks for the compliments. I am glad you find my levels useful.

kishy99
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: For 29.04.2009 the key level was BULL because market hit su Reply with quote

You said that for 29.04.2009 the key level was BULL because market hit support there FIRST after market open. Looking at the charts it seems like market had resistance at this level initially. I am a bit confused. Please correct me if i am wrong Rolling Eyes
ravin_06
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
ravin_06,

I think your confusion is because I probably have not explained the usage of levels very clearly. These next few days I will post more guidelines and probably a simple strategy to use the levels more efficiently.

Please ready my most recent post in the "How to use the levels" topic. I have talked there about identifying the "Key Level" immediately after market opens. For 29.04.2009 the key level was BULL because market hit support there FIRST after market open. A key level means that your bias towards the market must change once the price crosses (closes) on either side of this level. If price closes above this level then you should be bullish (whether there is an expiry or not it does not matter) and when the price closes below this level you should be bearish. This concept is extremely important.

BULL turned a key level when price hit it on the 10:25 bar and it turned out to be a resistance on 10:40 bar. After this your bias should have been defined by whatever was happening with respect to the BULL level. After some sideways movement (close above and below BULL level) the bias shifted completely bullish after around 11:35, the bias did not turn bearish for the rest of the day after that. There were few other things I was looking at that I will clarify by posting few other guidelines with examples later this weekend.

There was no reason at all to be short on 10:25 bar. You have a valid short at 10:40 bar (two closes below BULL after a previous close above bull) but by 11:40 when there were two consecutive closes above bull it was a clear long signal. There were no short signals after that for the rest of the day.

Anyway, I will bring some more clarity to the usage of these levels by posting more info this weekend. So watchout for my forum post soon.

Thanks for your detail reply.
Awaiting of yours post , as you said ***I will post more guidelines and probably a simple strategy to use the levels more efficiently.***
Thanks again.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: For 29.04.2009 the key level was BULL because market hit Reply with quote

kishy99 wrote:
You said that for 29.04.2009 the key level was BULL because market hit support there FIRST after market open. Looking at the charts it seems like market had resistance at this level initially. I am a bit confused. Please correct me if i am wrong Rolling Eyes

You are correct. I have now clarified it by editing my post below.

Actually, it doesn't matter if it was a support or resistance. Key level is a level that gets either support OR resistance first after market open.

rajeev_ranjan1974
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: doubt regarding nifty future levels for 29/04/09 Reply with quote

Hello Sir,
I was watching ur levels given but could not get what is loc. I have calculated pivot which comes to 3395. is it about pivot system or something else. please explain sir because it is not matching my levels.
it would be very kind of you to explain the same in details.
Thanks in advance.
Raj Smile Smile Smile
tripathi_manu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: weekly & Monthly levels. Reply with quote

ST Sir,
1) Please consider to post weekly and monthly levels too.
2) Kindly explain in detail with examples to use your levels for intraday and swing trading.
3) How to decide the exit point of the trade?
Regards.

Manu Tripathi
rajurai
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: nifty trading level 4 may Reply with quote

[ *** LEVELS REMOVED *** ]

MESSAGE FROM ADMIN:

YOUR LEVELS HAVE BEEN REMOVED. PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LEVELS HERE. PLEASE CREATE A NEW TOPIC UNDER "Market Direction" or "Futures & Options" or WHEREEVER YOU WISH AND POST YOUR LEVELS THERE. --Admin
GAJRAJ
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: nifty levels by rajuri Reply with quote

This forum may please be reserverd for ST Sir only others should not post there level at this place and confuse , they can do so at other forums like nifty directions etc , here we can discuss our doubts with ST insted of showing our knowledge.
Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: