Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty Analysis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 127, 128, 129  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty Analysis
shashangan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acharyams & others if you long place an order to exit longs @ 5701 -03. We will see tomorrow. Dont risk near closing if you dont wish to carry over the position.

Thanks
Gautham Shashangan

shashangan wrote:
Intra day - Buy Nov Nifty @ 5684 to 81 stop 5674. Target min 5705 & above

Gautham Shashangan
acharyams
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shashangan wrote:
acharyams & others if you long place an order to exit longs @ 5701 -03. We will see tomorrow. Dont risk near closing if you dont wish to carry over the position.

Thanks
Gautham Shashangan

shashangan wrote:

Gautham Shashangan

is it safe to carry over?
shashangan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can i say, I dont know what is your investment & risk taking capacity.

All I can say, I can cover up the loss for you. It's difficult to say what happens with news. dont worry. It's not very far from where you entered. But it's your call

Gautham Shashangan

acharyams wrote:
shashangan wrote:

Thanks
Gautham Shashangan

shashangan wrote:

Gautham Shashangan

acharyams
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exited at 5703.35
shashangan wrote:
How can i say, I dont know what is your investment & risk taking capacity.

All I can say, I can cover up the loss for you. It's difficult to say what happens with news. dont worry. It's not very far from where you entered. But it's your call

Gautham Shashangan

acharyams wrote:
shashangan wrote:

Thanks
Gautham Shashangan

shashangan wrote:

Gautham Shashangan

shashangan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my first day of intra day trading after a long time. Though I do some trading in Gold post evening, since I finish work.

I am sorry for one wrong entry. It was due to the impulse of the first day. I shall be careful from tomorrow. I will be fine once I get used to it. I have been running up & down in my office due to other work, so will take time to make myself free in the day.

Anyway I hope the first day was not so impressive. There is always tomorrow.

Sorry acharyams but Thanks to you & everybody.

Regards,
Gautham Shashangan
shashangan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning

Strictly Intraday

Place an order to sell NOv Nifty @ 5716-18 with a stop 5722

Target min 5694 - 90

Gautham Shashangan
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #37   PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shashangan, with rbi policy review today, I feel any strategy may see SLs on both sides triggered. What's more, trades will be so fast that we may not get chance to enter. If policy is good, I see at least 5750 today. If not ......... worst case 5454 may be there
shashangan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vinay

I am purely a technical trader, I never look at news, generally if there is important news, then I dont trade till the news is out & enter after 30 min.s to one hour after the news is discounted in the mkt.

Since i dont watch TV at times I dont even know what's the news in mkt. I shall try & keep a track of news as well in future

Entry was right, But Sorry if it triggered the stop.

Gautham Shashangan
shashangan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can cover shorts for intra day if it's still open at 5663

Gautham Shashangan
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I think it's worth taking a chance to buy here. By the way, the SLs of another strategy we follow here (9.30 strategy) was triggered on both sides.
shashangan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends, I have just started trading Nifty after 4-5 years gap. It will take time to get used to all the factors of the mkt.

But the difference in my trade from others is I am a bottom & top picker, not a trend follower, so my entries generally will be against the running intra day trend.

You will slowly gain confidence in my calls, since you will realize with time, my technical knowledge is quite good. Let's see. Have patience, It's my 2nd day of intra day calls

Gautham Shashangan
shashangan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #42   PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started my trading with forex & commodities of New york mkt.s, so I am carrying the same principles of tight stops. Since I believe in giving calls with minimum loss to investors with maximum profit.

My calls will always be if i give an entry the risk to reward ratio will be 1:2 generally. If I give a projection of 15 points profit then my risk will be 5-8 points.

Just since I dont watch news many times my stops get eaten due to my negligence. That has been my problem through out my trading career.

Please do caution me of some important news when I give tight stops. I try avoiding TV since I get glued to it & I cant do any other work of mine. But I am learning. I will try & take care

Gautham Shashangan
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

always keep the TV ON behind you. Laughing
vinst
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gautham,

congratulations on stating that you are a top/bottom picker. A lot of people (including me) are likely to question you and pick your mind for this !

regards,
shashangan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #45   PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mkt itself is an addiction. I dont like watching news, because it never ends, some or the other keeps coming & different people giving different views, it just confuses you.

& about you suggestion of keeping it behind. We are humans & we have temptations. It's like having a hot girl behind you & telling dont look behind.

Gautham Shashangan

vinay28 wrote:
always keep the TV ON behind you. Laughing
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 127, 128, 129  Next
Page 3 of 129

Jump to: