Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty analysis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think my analysis is worth reading
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 96 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 104

Author Nifty analysis
ramtrade
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #46   PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Economic side of the coin Reply with quote

Hi All,

I owe most of my learning here in iChart and few of my close friends whom i chat regularly. With all due respect to my mentors i wish to present my view of this stock market direction from a economic point of view.

One of the biggest factor for the decline is the sudden increase in Inflation rate from 3.5% odd to more than 8% which had a big impact on the economy. This sudden rise in prices made informed investors to sit back and start to think if India will be able to sustain the high growth rate.

Taken from our P.M speech who has explained the reasons and rationale behind the fuel hikes and how bridge/gap is still left to be filled. I doubt if any other past P.M have explained so well in clear terms until now. Hat's off to our great P.M. If any one wishes to go thru the entire speech, here's the link. http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20080052010.

The oil subsidy alone ( we have fertilizer subsidy too and what not) bill this time is around Rs 200,000 crores ( Rs 2 trillion). With this modest hike in fuel prices and cut in custom duty will foot Rs 20,000 crores and remaining Rs 180,000 crores is still borne by the govt. Where will the govt get this money? The current Income tax payers is already overburdned with the tax. This is putting tremendous pressure in the fiscal discipline of the govt. With the fuel hike the inflation rate is expected to touch 12% which and in turn bringing the GDP growth to less than 8%.

What is the cost of this subsidy? I leave it to you guys to find the facts of this.

The current Sensex is around Rs 934 around as per Nagesh sir calculations. The most matured markets like U.K, U.S, Singapore etc are valued at a forward P/E of 10. Taking into consideration of the fact that great India growth story, 1 billion population, so much to develop etc...etc...we were awarded a P/E of historic high of 20 to 23 levels which is what we were in Jan peak.

Now with this current year EPS, a more than resonable P/E of 15 gives us a level of 14010. That means we are still overvalued and have some more room to go below. We all know the FII's. They will invest in markets only if there is a potential of giving 20% to 40% annual returns.

With increased risk of Rupee depreciation, future oil shocks, widening fiscal deficits i would envisage a growth rate of 10% which gives us FY09 EPS of Rs 1027. Assuming P/E of 15 this gives us sensex level of 15405.

Now i leave it to you guys to do your own interpretation on where we are headed. Added to the list of risks, with this fuel price hike the political risk and uncertainity arising due to CPI and other friends withdrawing support resulting in early general elections......!!!!

Any +ve surprises in next quarter results is a + point and for sure we will continue our bull run. Until then in my opinion we still have some more pain to go thru.

I still believe in our growth story and strongly belive we come triumphant out of this uncertainity. At the end no matter what, we are still pround Indians who want to be successful in our lives and are willing to take our country forward.

Pardon me if i have become too senti....

Any comments, disagreements, counter arguments are welcome.
Thanks
Ramesh
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #47   PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

Thanks Mr. R S Nagesh sir. I appreciate your encouragement and advice. Your advice will always be beneficial. However, I would request you to also contribute with your studies and possibly charts (particularly PE Ratios etc)

Thanks

Harish
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #48   PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends, tonight I'll be updating with latest analysis. Hope you all will enjoy.

Also, I'm planning some options trading techniques to be shared here. Please keep visiting.

Tanks & Best Regards

Harish Dobhal
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #49   PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

First my apologies for posting so late (I had promised to post yesterday).

As you all know, markets have been showing weakness most of the time and even a small attempt of recovery is getting sold. The current trend is definitely down since Jan this year.

Following is my analysis for Nifty based on trading till 6th June:

We have seen Nifty breaking some imp levels last week. We see it going to sub 4600 level, which was an important level for many traders.

In the attached chart, I have drawn several trend lines, some of which you are already familiar, and two new lines. Line 1 is the major downtrend line starting from Jan top. Line 2 is another downtrend line which I drew from the Feb intermediate top (4th Feb) joining the top of 27th Feb (this date is of very high importance to me, which I will share later). Line 3 is the well known last uptrend line, Line 4 is the current downtrend line and Line 5 is the support line joining the Jan low and Mar low.

Line 1 is holding there as the final frontier for bulls, which seems far far away now. Line 2 when extended has proved to be the resistance on 6th Jun, as we see Nifty touching it and falling from there.

Now, the case is there for bulls only when they can conquer the current downtrend line - Line4, which comes to around 4790-4800 mark for tomorrow. Also, it needs to go above the Line 2 which comes at around 4740-50. Interestingly, the two lines cross at around 4720, which should become a big resistance area for next 2-3 days.

My friend saikat suggested the final support line - Line 5, which is formed by joining the Jan low and Mar low. It comes at around 4500 for next few days. So looking at it, it looks like there is going to be fierce battle between bulls and bears near that level. Bulls will lose all hopes if that is broken. The fear factor for tomorrow is - Global Markets. The only thing that was not affecting Nifty too much for some time. In most probability, tomorrow can be a big day for bears.

Now coming to the importance of 27th Feb to me. Well, on 27th Feb, I saw a disturbing movement happening in US markets. That prompted me to utter a few words regarding stock markets in general and Indian markets in particular. On that evening I said in SB that bulls are going to suffer in the coming days. I know the hardcore bulls will argue that they were not troubled at all, but seeing the chart, it explains how bad the time has been for those who kept on clinging to upward movement hopes.

I conclude my analysis here and hope you will reply with your valuable comments.

My disclosure is just a repeat of previous one:

My analysis is just analysis in letter and spirit and not a trading recommendation. Trading in stock markets is full of risks and please consult professional advice before doing on a trade.

I wanted to post something about Options Trading but time constraint has made me postpone that. I promise all friends it will be there very soon. Hope you forgive me.

Thanks & Best Regards

Harish Dobhal
VISHVPRAKASH
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #50   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Nifty analysis Reply with quote

hdobhal wrote:
Dear friends,

I am posting here my analysis of Nifty. This is a very humble effort and I hope you will be kind enough to apologize me for any mistake.

The first thing I request to all of you is - kindly do not think I am 'predicting' or even 'guessing' any move by Nifty in any direction. I put it here very clearly that I'm only trying to analyze chart and data and presenting my view only. Kindly trade after consulting some expert advice.

Pls see the attached chart. If we draw a downtrend line from Jan high to recent high, its meeting at three points. In other words, after Jan high, if we consider 2nd may high as last resistance and draw a trend line, extend it, then recent high was exactly at that line on 16th May. This, according to me, is a validation of the down trend continuing, as the line became resistance and Nifty started falling from there.

Now, let us talk about latest uptrend. In my opinion, the latest uptrend started on 18th Mar, when Nifty made a low of 4468 thereabout. The uptrend of Nifty at 4628 on 7th April and continued its upmove. I drew an uptrend line joining these two, and Nifty respected the support of this line until 22nd May. But on 23rd May, Nifty broke that trend line and in my opinion the uptrend was disturbed.

For any resumption of last uptrend, Nifty has to go above that trend line, which is above 5200 and rising.

Now, considering the downtrend is in place, I have this assumption that Nifty can still move upto 5000 - 50 levels as it might try to test the downtrend line.

One more thing to watch out is today Nifty made a Bearish Engulfing, so it will be difficult for it to move up in a hurry.

Also, if we remember May Expiry day trading and the way Nifty closed at almost near the low, it tells something strange is there. The way 5000 Puts were written and the way most of the global markets were doing, it is very difficult to digest today's close.

Thank you and looking forward to your comments/suggestions

Harish Dobhal
(hdobhal)

Dear Harish,I'ld like to apreciate your effort.But as per my knowledge this trend reversal has a range of 8-10% after the Head & Shoulders formation.But it is already 650 points down on nifty.moer than the expectation.So i would like to know from you that is it running in the elloit wave second faze Very Happy
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #51   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I am really disappointed by the response. I certainly wanted at least few replies (this does not mean I wanted only good words Very Happy) which could be as a discussion of the analysis I produced.

Dear VISHVPRAKASH,

First my thanks for replying to the post, I really appreciate it. As for Eliot wave, the best I can say is I am a novice. There are some very good ellioticians in icharts - mayur, rocky, swaroop, eswar, marne.vivek, who can answer it. I request anyone who is reading this to kindly reply your query.

Thanks & Best Regards
Harish Dobhal
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #52   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

If you saw the chart in my previous post, and if you read my analysis, you will find that today Nifty closed exactly at the final support of Line 5 at 4500. What is interesting is it broke not only this trendline intraday, but also broke the earlier Jan low of 4448. I don't know much about the more intricate things, but it looked somewhat "managed" to me - the closing (just my feeling), as this closing has put both bears and bulls in contending position for tomorrow. If Nifty is up tomorrow, then it must close above 4720, to give bulls any real tonic. But that still looks too much, unless something really rosy is discovered by markets.

As for me, I will see the movement of Nifty on hourly chart and use combination of Moving Averages to initiate any new trade (I'm still carrying my shorts).

Some people like GUT FEELING but I don't prefer to state that. In my opinion, gut feeling should remain there (in the gut) only. And also, Gut Feeling may be mistaken for a trading call so can be dangerous for followers. One more thing to point out is that most of the times I have seen ppl's Gut Feeling a mere reflection of "WHAT THEY DESIRE". So, bottomline - no GUT FEELING in trading, see the signals and act accordingly, with proper SL and hedging.
ramtrade
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #53   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Harish,

Nice posting as always. I differ with you on the Gut feeling part.....if we were to just trade/invest by looking at the signals only...would'nt a automated trading system do a better job than us doing it. An automated system would do a good job. I guess at the end of the day, it's human element and emotional part that gives you the satisfaction if you get the trades right. What do you say...

Thanks
Ramesh
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #54   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh,

Human element is there when we "GET" signals, the "satisfaction" is also there when we know we achieved something, BUT gut feeling can't give that.

What is Gut Feeling? I think its a euphemism for guess. AND GUESSING IS CERTAINLY DANGEROUS.

As for the emotional part, If you are emotional during a trade, you ARE going to lose. A trader NEVER has emotions when he is trading.

My friend, its our choice to chose any system, but THERE HAS TO BE A SYSTEM. Gut Feelings should better be thrown into gutter, if one has to succeed.

JUST THINK ABOUT IT, DEEPLY, AND YOU WILL AGREE Very Happy

I INVITE COMMENTS FROM OTHER MEMBERS ALSO ON THIS GUT FEELING THING
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #55   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh,

Human element is there when we "GET" signals, the "satisfaction" is also there when we know we achieved something, BUT gut feeling can't give that.

What is Gut Feeling? I think its a euphemism for guess. AND GUESSING IS CERTAINLY DANGEROUS.

As for the emotional part, If you are emotional during a trade, you ARE going to lose. A trader NEVER has emotions when he is trading.

My friend, its our choice to chose any system, but THERE HAS TO BE A SYSTEM. Gut Feelings should better be thrown into gutter, if one has to succeed.

JUST THINK ABOUT IT, DEEPLY, AND YOU WILL AGREE Very Happy

I INVITE COMMENTS FROM OTHER MEMBERS ALSO ON THIS GUT FEELING THING
gudd007
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #56   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUTS look better inside the body.

Very Happy
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #57   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUDD , good one Very Happy
daytrader007
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #58   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdo, i appreciate you TA topics. It would be good if you avoid such discussions like one you have written on guts. Also you could reorganize your languages a bit in the same topic.

regards
Swapan
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #59   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Swapan,

Thanks for replying here. It made one thing clear - you must have been reading this thread from beginning Very Happy but the bad thing is you replied now. I expected you to post your reply at every update. Your valuable comments would certainly benefit me as well as the other readers here.

I have deliberately put this issue of "Gut Feeling" here. I strongly believe that emotions must be kept out of trading. Gut Feeling is just a manifestation of desire or wish and should be avoided with full force. I have seen so many good traders going bankrupt just because they "obeyed" their gut feelings. So I felt, I should contribute in the elimination of this unnecessary, dangerous and detrimental thing. However, if you think it is worth any value, kindly post your logic here.

Thanks & Best Regards
Harish
shrii
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #60   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: thanks harish bhai Reply with quote

harish bhai, i am a novice in TA, hence all that i can say is thanks and keep up the good work. i ve been following your posts keenly and i request you to keep posting regularly as you have always been.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: