Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty Index missing in icharts!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you miss Nifty Index on icharts?
yes
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
no
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author Nifty Index missing in icharts!
loktej
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Nifty Index missing in icharts! Reply with quote

I am using icharts for more than a month now, and it's really a useful tool in comparison to others availble in the market. However, one feature that I feel is missing in the icharts is Nifty Index.
As I follow any stock or future chart, mean time if I want to know for example where is Nifty Index right now, then for that I have no option but to leave icharts for a moment and go to either at my trading platform (by pressing alt tab; on same computer system, or to look at a TV business chenel. My question is why should I shift to other option when I am having one charting tool which contains everything I need, eccept the Index?
In my opnion, icharts should be having by defult Nifty Index on top right corner on permanent basis. So, I don't have to leave the ichart even for a moment until I want to trade.
If I am not wrong, the first car that Mr. Ford had invented and launched in the US market did not have reverse gear. They had literally forgot to put that basic feature. I assume, same is here with icharts.....Nifty Index is missing!!!!

Last edited by loktej on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
amitkbaid1008
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you have both Icharts and your trading platform on the same system. There won't be any problem.

One more thing whenever I trade any stock or index other than NIFTY I don't even look at NIFTY. Just keep eye of that traded item only like "ARJUN watching BIRD'S EYE"
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr loktej:

You are so correct about Ford. I still wonder till today why they don't have sideway gears. O well always some space for innovation and creativity.

You point is well taken and infact we have worked sometime back on what you are saying and will be implementing it sometime in future. But until then there is a workaround, you can add a second scrip to your chart by entering the symbol on the box below the symbol list, which will be Nifty in your case. You can see your scrip and Nifty movement on the same chart at the same time. This is neat! May be not! Just like I can move my car sideways using front and rear gears.

Regards,
-----------
ProTrader
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: