Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty Spot on 8-7-2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty Spot on 8-7-2011
ktpillai
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Nifty Spot on 8-7-2011 Reply with quote

Will the history repeat ?
veerappan
Expert
Expert

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pillai will it be 5k nf...tuesday evening [12th july 2011]? 2guns 2guns 2guns
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 K, veerappan? That's more than 11% drop in two days. I wonder whether you are pulling pillai's legs.
ktpillai
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Nifty Spot on 8-7-2011 Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
5 K, veerappan? That's more than 11% drop in two days. I wonder whether you are pulling pillai's legs.
I am not an expert.Whatever i have observed i have placed before the i chart members to comment..But those who claim to be experts must come out with their opinion.This sort of gimmicks is not going to be of any help.Views may be right or wrong.What we want to know is the logic behind their views.Nobody is going to immediately accept their views.Because market is supreme.People will definitely follow the market only
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pillai, it is better that you give your own interpretation/prediction of the chart you have attached so that we "newbies" also understand. I couldn't fathom anything from it.
Thasmiq
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all......

I think KTpillai was intended to this point, which i hav marked in chart attached......

i was no newbie...... Wink

but a learner may be..... Rolling Eyes

experts comment and also Mr.KT pillai

angel
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a difference. The peaks of nov 10 and jan & may 11 were above 200 sma/ema close. This time nifty is yet to cross 200 sma close.

I don't know what that means though. Confused
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a more detailed description of differences in the four scenarios i.e. Nov 10 and Jan, May & july 11 peaks.

1. Nov 10 peak was above 38.2 % retracement and well above 200 sma low.

2. Jan 11 peak was above 61.8 % retracement and well above 200 sma low.

3. May 11 peak was well above both 38.2 % retracement and 200 sma low.

4. However, July 11 peak (as of now) is above 61.8 % retracement but just crossed above only to come below 200 sma low.

I don't believe such parallels can be drawn. History never repeats in extremely-long-time-span events like stock markets, weather, political upheavals, etc. Repeat periods are generally in multiples of 12 years and, to be more acurate, every 60 years or so.
Thasmiq
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as of the chart posted by ktpillai.......i am not always with the expectations to history be repeated......if history repeats constantly....we shall just enter at the right entry point (if there was one 24 24 )....and shall dream to history repeat....

and more or less.....i dont make systems.....this complicated way ....
trade simple.....trade smart....
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Laughing
ktpillai
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Nifty Spot on 8-7-2011 Reply with quote

ktpillai wrote:
Onthe first occasion nifty spot started moving down after retracement to the level of 76.4% At that time Nifty was abv 200 dma.But , the second time 76.4% retracement and 200 dma were at same place from where nifty spot started correction.This time 200 dma is below 76.4% retracement and nifty spot started correcting from 200 dma.Will the correction be still severe compared to the previous occasion?
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Nifty Spot on 8-7-2011 Reply with quote

It was a post on 8th july 2011.

Now I can answer yes Smile

For time being it repeated Mr.pillai and congratulations! for catching this repetetion.

ktpillai wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: