Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NIFTY Surprise Movements On Or Near Expiry Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author NIFTY Surprise Movements On Or Near Expiry Day
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: NIFTY Surprise Movements On Or Near Expiry Day Reply with quote

Quite often we witness quite unexpected moves (moves against logic/moves that are not in tune with the given scenario) especially in NIFTY during futures expiry day/near expiry day.

Why is this happening? Can we satisfy ourselves with a beaten and tame answer... ‘short covering’/’profit booking’? Which may not offer convincing answer to a 100 point rally/100point dive from the bottom/top?

I would like to ask all the experts /seasoned players just to throw there opinion/observations /understanding on this.

Would like to know how much money was pumped in to lift nifty (banking on mild recovery of European markets ) and how much money was lost overall in futures& options due to this unexpected move (obviously this difference could be the trigger point to initiate such moves in nifty). Can any one answer this?!

I almost certainly can say that nifty is pumped up by big players. We only need to know the money equation. (We may even guess this could possibly in their favor… other wise why they should go for it?! After all they are not here for fun)

This question is directed to every one who knows something about intricacies of the Indian Stock market or at least in a position to guess about it.

Some may even say it’s a futile attempt. You can do nothing about it and it serves no purpose even if you know about it. Thanks to them….And I would like to say ‘Knowledge is power’.

RK
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK, I felt yesterday that nifty may give a sharp pullback when it bounced from 4632, almost same as previous day's low. Also, it fell by same % from 5400 as that by which it rose from 4728. Therefore, I won't be surprised if it goes up again to 5125 or even 5296. Who knows? Wink
S.S.
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
RK, I felt yesterday that nifty may give a sharp pullback when it bounced from 4632, almost same as previous day's low. Also, it fell by same % from 5400 as that by which it rose from 4728. Therefore, I won't be surprised if it goes up again to 5125 or even 5296. Who knows? Wink

vinay i thing 4900 is imp level..... Smile
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course sir! I just gave a longer level
S.S.
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Of course sir! I just gave a longer level

sir . . .
u have given a bit long level so i had just added one in between Wink
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: NIFTY Surprise Movements On Or Near Expiry Day Reply with quote

Can any one provide a concrete answer for my question? please....Still I am waiting for an answer.I repeat the question.

How much money employed to lift Nifty from the bottom?. How much money lost in F&O segment due to this move on that particular day? Question

rk_a2003 wrote:
Quite often we witness quite unexpected moves (moves against logic/moves that are not in tune with the given scenario) especially in NIFTY during futures expiry day/near expiry day.

Why is this happening? Can we satisfy ourselves with a beaten and tame answer... ‘short covering’/’profit booking’? Which may not offer convincing answer to a 100 point rally/100point dive from the bottom/top?

I would like to ask all the experts /seasoned players just to throw there opinion/observations /understanding on this.

Would like to know how much money was pumped in to lift nifty (banking on mild recovery of European markets ) and how much money was lost overall in futures& options due to this unexpected move (obviously this difference could be the trigger point to initiate such moves in nifty). Can any one answer this?!

I almost certainly can say that nifty is pumped up by big players. We only need to know the money equation. (We may even guess this could possibly in their favor… other wise why they should go for it?! After all they are not here for fun)

This question is directed to every one who knows something about intricacies of the Indian Stock market or at least in a position to guess about it.

Some may even say it’s a futile attempt. You can do nothing about it and it serves no purpose even if you know about it. Thanks to them….And I would like to say ‘Knowledge is power’.

RK
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK, I read your question but I am really not sure I understood what you mean. Also, what would you gain even if you found the answer?
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: NIFTY Surprise Movements On Or Near Expiry Day Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
Can any one provide a concrete answer for my question? please....Still I am waiting for an answer.I repeat the question.

How much money employed to lift Nifty from the bottom?. How much money lost in F&O segment due to this move on that particular day? Question

what is a bottom for u? the term seems quite subjective to me, it cud be an intra rally for some 60-70 max 100 pts, cud be a swing, so stating how much it needs,seems impossible (or may be i misunderstood the question itself)

to get an idea of what is a value to one days nifty move, go to charts(premium) link ( the flash charts of eod) , u will see vol bars are there, whose value is expressed in thousands, its actually thousand crores

like latest bar got 9.94k means some aprx 10 k cr money has changed hand during friday
chrome
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: NIFTY Surprise Movements On Or Near Expiry Day Reply with quote

hi rk....

Unfortunately, u won't find any1 novice trader like me n u to reply how much money required to reverse the market from extreme points....we, the novice traders dont have this heavy amount with us so practicaly we would not be able to guess this amount (I am assuming we all here are very small traders compared to the daily turnover we analyse in the market on day to day basis, exceptions may be there)

simple logic would be...in down trend like current sccenario that x no. of NF sellers availabe in market, if one could exceed and absorb that x quantity of sellers would be able to make the market reverse...

Now those x no. of sellers (big shots) won't be foolish to let another big shot absorbe their big quantity just to hit there system automated SL's.....quantity matters here....

So, reply here may be not quantitative, but absorbing volume is the only resultant which one could dare to trade to reverse the market....

Rgds

rk_a2003 wrote:

rk_a2003 wrote:

RK
chandrujimrc
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear rk,

I think this type of movement was happening to encash their uncovered huge option positions with the help of IISL.

chandru.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Vinay,Casper,Chrome& Chandru.

Casper & Vinay, I was really active in the market from the past few months and during every month expiry... I found unusual movements of Index whenever there is a slightest scope to do so.

All of us know theoretically that market manipulations will be there and I observed That the major manipulation was happening near or at expiry.

Just I wanted to know The practical equation which triggers that manipiulation.If you are able to know this it could be of some (or may be of great) use. (And I am not sure whether there is any way to know this?)

Once you are aware of it You may keep on checking/verifying that equation and may be in a position to know a little advance when These big guys are willing to cash it by reversing Index.( But I doubt that this information may not be available for us ...still i took the chance by posing this question ).O.I and Put call ratio also will be part of this equation.

Any how I will try to pursue this further.

RK
casper
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all is in ur chart, virtually nothing can be done in market without leaving a foot print in the chart,

every time a signal will come, vera sir will say its his numbers, saikat sir might find a nvk,spec sir will say swing pivots and his systems, sumesh bhai and shekar sir may find ww or any other fib pattern...... type of signal cud be endless (I dont want to mean that every time they will say same thing in different language, I used their names to show the diff outlook of diff traders in market) but bottom line is, u will find some thing on the chart

pass some more time with ur charts, u will definitely be able to find ur answer,

the following lines are not best suited for open forum, u may regard this as a personal note from me to u....

i passed my time with chart and got my answer, be it simple or complex, be it universally accepted or may be my blind faith, but it is essentially my answer and i look for that

u developed a system depending up on WW, some will hail u some may say its too complex... who cares,its ur signal and if it serving ur purpose, then all is well for u

same thing, if u search for this one, u will find again

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right Casper!

It is really hard to find something wrong in your writings. Laughing Laughing Laughing

casper wrote:
all is in ur chart, virtually nothing can be done in market without leaving a foot print in the chart,

every time a signal will come, vera sir will say its his numbers, saikat sir might find a nvk,spec sir will say swing pivots and his systems, sumesh bhai and shekar sir may find ww or any other fib pattern...... type of signal cud be endless (I dont want to mean that every time they will say same thing in different language, I used their names to show the diff outlook of diff traders in market) but bottom line is, u will find some thing on the chart

pass some more time with ur charts, u will definitely be able to find ur answer,

the following lines are not best suited for open forum, u may regard this as a personal note from me to u....

i passed my time with chart and got my answer, be it simple or complex, be it universally accepted or may be my blind faith, but it is essentially my answer and i look for that

u developed a system depending up on WW, some will hail u some may say its too complex... who cares,its ur signal and if it serving ur purpose, then all is well for u

same thing, if u search for this one, u will find again

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK, all I do know is that there are manipulators waiting on the sidelines to pounce on any varition in OI, PCR and volatility. They are experts in making fast money at such times. The rest of the time, they are simply watching patiently like vultures. The pusrpose of my question to you was we can't do anything about it.

Casper is right. We can only go by TA unless we have access to such game plans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: