Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View - August Series 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View - August Series 2013
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #241   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though daily candle of nifty spot is non-descriptive, that of nifty fut is an inside bar.
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #242   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Though daily candle of nifty spot is non-descriptive, that of nifty fut is an inside bar.

Nifty spot candle is bullish engulfing
while Nifty Future candle is inside bar + NR7
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #243   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saumya12 wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

and bank nifty spot is also NR7 and inside bar.

can nifty spot be counted as bullish engulfing considering that yesterdays low is well below by 25 points to today's low, it isn't engulfing it completely.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #244   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
saumya12 wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

can nifty spot be counted as bullish engulfing considering that yesterdays low is well below by 25 points to today's low, it isn't engulfing it completely.

it's not bullish engulfing.

saumya, where have you been hiding? pl come out of japani badal. Smile
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #245   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
apka wrote:
saumya12 wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

it's not bullish engulfing.

saumya, where have you been hiding? pl come out of japani badal. Smile

Here are 2 documents in support of my view.
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #246   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For japani baadal

I am waiting for my todays data of NIFTY spot.
But there is nothing particular to say as far as Ichimoku is concerned.
Daily NF charts shows more fall but Hourly chart shows support at present level of 5572.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #247   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saumya12 wrote:
Here are 2 documents in support of my view.

I don't agree with whoever has commented like that, whoever he/she may be. If you are long as I am, I will be happy to see nifty go up but not because it is an engulfing candle. japanese candles do fail and it may go up for variety of reasons.

as a "mandoli", call it imperfect engulfing candle. Smile
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #248   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
saumya, where have you been hiding?

I have observed that Saumya only posts when she has something constructive to say. Cheers, Prakash Holla
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #249   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

I have observed that Saumya only posts when she has something constructive to say. Cheers, Prakash Holla

yeh, you should also do that sometimes 24
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #250   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
anybody knows what it means

Quote:
The Reserve Bank of India announced on Thursday new measures to drain cash from the financial system in a bid to address volatility in currency markets, following up on a slew of steps announced last month.

The central bank will auction 220 billion rupees of government cash management bills every Monday, it said in a statement, without specifying for how many weeks the sales would last.

The duration of cash management bill sale will be announced one day before the auction, it said.

The rupee closed at 60.88/89 per dollar on Thursday, compared with 61.30/31 on Wednesday.

($1 = 61.2050 Indian rupees)

my dear apka, I had posted few days ago that period 8/8 to 17/9 is crucial. remember or have you forgotten? Smile

Now read this and your eyes will open.

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/3t3wdkCnEx6Z4XsZkLtGZJ/RBI-to-auction-shortterm-bills-to-drain-liquidity.html
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #251   PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
my dear apka, I had posted few days ago that period 8/8 to 17/9 is crucial. remember or have you forgotten? Smile

Now read this and your eyes will open.

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/3t3wdkCnEx6Z4XsZkLtGZJ/RBI-to-auction-shortterm-bills-to-drain-liquidity.html

i remember the period....

but i am not understanding its effect on banks, is it equivalent to what previous 2 measures did, i am not understanding the hardcore banking terms like CMB, i am not from banking or accounts. just wanted the "how" part filled as layman.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #252   PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
but i am not understanding its effect on banks, is it equivalent to what previous 2 measures did, i am not understanding the hardcore banking terms like CMB, i am not from banking or accounts. just wanted the "how" part filled as layman.

I am also not a finance guy but that doesn't mean you shouldn't learn. Mad

Have a look at this to begin with

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&ved=0CGEQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iibf.org.in%2Fdocuments%2FCRR-SLR.pdf&ei=jX8EUsvwKIborQe2g4CgDg&usg=AFQjCNEjrUab-az7ju9P6iHpXXv97sHJLw&sig2=k8RsL660GU4nOIuXDqoU_A&bvm=bv.50500085,d.bmk

The auction is intended to suck liquidity but note that banks are NOT obliged to make an offer if the govt bonds/securities/deposits they own have already reached the limit stipulated by RBI. The real intention is however to drain liquidty used in currency speculation. The short term rates will shoot up but the danger is defaults. Danger of slowdown is factored already.

Incidentally, banks START performing better when rates go up as they get a huge amount of deposits from public. But the immediate impact on bank share price is unknown. sgxnifty had a kneejerk reaction after the news but improved later.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #253   PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

I am also not a finance guy but that doesn't mean you shouldn't learn. Mad

Have a look at this to begin with

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&ved=0CGEQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iibf.org.in%2Fdocuments%2FCRR-SLR.pdf&ei=jX8EUsvwKIborQe2g4CgDg&usg=AFQjCNEjrUab-az7ju9P6iHpXXv97sHJLw&sig2=k8RsL660GU4nOIuXDqoU_A&bvm=bv.50500085,d.bmk

yes teacher!

vinay28 wrote:
The auction is intended to suck liquidity but note that banks are NOT obliged to make an offer if the govt bonds/securities/deposits they own have already reached the limit stipulated by RBI. The real intention is however to drain liquidty used in currency speculation. The short term rates will shoot up but the danger is defaults. Danger of slowdown is factored already.

Incidentally, banks START performing better when rates go up as they get a huge amount of deposits from public. But the immediate impact on bank share price is unknown. sgxnifty had a kneejerk reaction after the news but improved later.

yes, now it's clear a bit. thanks. that is what was confusing me as to how it will drain the liquidity readily, like crr repo rates which have direct impact, unless banks are obligated to take it up.

then i suppose the impact on banks is not fixed, because the banks may not take it up, except PSU banks. So monday we have SBIN result and auction process news, after 2 NR7 + inside bar on bank nifty. lovely.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #254   PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
vinay28 wrote:
I am also not a finance guy but that doesn't mean you shouldn't learn.

yes teacher!

Yes, Master Vinay Sir!
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #255   PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
pkholla wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

yeh, you should also do that sometimes 24

weren't there others active in our monthly threads like maddyprincess?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 17 of 51

Jump to: