Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View - August Series 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View - August Series 2013
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #361   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7-Aug-2013 low nifty spot intact, but sensex broke its low.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #362   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:
This is the time to chant " NEVER FIGHT THE TREND".Keep chanting.....

alright, but never chant too much or it gets affixed in head.

No problem Apka; Such affixing save us from Heroics.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #363   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Indian benchmark government bonds slumped to 21-month lows on Friday and posted their worst week in four-and-a-half years, as the rupee slid to a record low despite policy makers' efforts to defend the currency.

2. The rupee dropped to a record low of 62.03 per dollar on Friday, sparking late intervention from the central bank as its measures to tighten capital outflows raised concerns they could spook foreign investors.

3. India's foreign exchange reserves were up at $278.602 billion as on August 9, compared with $277.17 billion in the earlier week, the Reserve Bank of India said on Friday.

4. The Nifty slumped 4 percent on Friday, marking its biggest daily drop in almost two years, as blue chips including HDFC Bank were hit across the board on fears U.S. stimulus tapering would trigger foreign selling and as the rupee hit a record low.

5. Shares in Axis Bank (AXBK.NS) fall 8.8 percent after MSCI said it would exclude the bank from its standard and large cap indexes.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #364   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually market tanked due to fear of capital controls by govt., which was refuted by FM and rbi later.
manojkr78
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post: #365   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinay,

Your view on nifty for monday please........
rameshraja
Expert
Expert

Post: #366   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Vinay

True.. Brutal selling is due to fear of Capital controls of non-residents.. Govt, trying to put the clock back to 20 years ?
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #367   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rameshraja wrote:
Mr Vinay

True.. Brutal selling is due to fear of Capital controls of non-residents.. Govt, trying to put the clock back to 20 years ?

you said it, Mr Raja. Hopefully history won't repeat, as promised by govt today. But I feel even FIIs were also worried about some restrictions on them, not just NRIs.

some buying seems to have emerged from 2pm.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #368   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are back to 1991 has been floating for some days now and so was the capital control statement and already many times FM has said already these are temporary. So what makes today's different? The fact is it will remain implemented till rupee appreciates / stabilizes. But none of the measures have helped. So RBI will still try to enforce more measures as rupee is now crossed 62. So it will turn out to be capital control of sorts.

Whatever these guys say seems mis-leading to me. They try to calm down the nerves by sugar coating words, especially since FM asked RBI to think of growth and employment - that is the Govt's job.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #369   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
rameshraja wrote:
Mr Vinay

you said it, Mr Raja. Hopefully history won't repeat, as promised by govt today. But I feel even FIIs were also worried about some restrictions on them, not just NRIs.

some buying seems to have emerged from 2pm.

That maybe a bounce after -200 fall. EOD has closed near low of -250 and we have made new low after 3pm. All sectors were pelted except Hero Honda, Tata motors.

Nifty Future has added 18% OI to shorts.

Today's volumes were 26 million.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #370   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkchart wrote:
I found one named "Al Brooks Reading Price Bars" of 37 MB. It must be the one Prakash suggessted. Have started downloading it. Thanks Prakash!

rkchart & vishy: that's the one. please accept one suggestion! Keep word open 1/3 rd screen, book 2/3 screen. Whatever useful, copy and paste to word. then reformat to your choice (I like Garamond 12). because al brooks is great but heavy reading. then keep reading your selected paras and learn trading as per Al's rules!
Dont forget to transfer his guidelines AND glossary, both at the end of the book
Cheers, Prakash Holla
(PS: Was able to follow entire NF action today almost as if Al Brooks had written the script). If you dont believe me, read my earlier posts today in this thread and Shashangan's thread also. God bless all IC members)
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #371   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

long holders, if any, should have patience.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #372   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

Vinay if VIX crosses 25, would you still feel the same?

I am for having new high this year itself, but currently the underlying selling strength and lack of buying is greater.

I haven't yet read any news about the cash management bills which was supposed to this gone monday, whether any banks participated or not.

It just appears as if, the preparation is for the worse, QE tappering, incase it happens, the dollar-flow assumingly goes out of the country, USDINR will see no barrier. Because ahead also, as the case is right now, banks like SBIN, Union Bank will keep buying dollars on day-to-day basis irrespective of the price because the import bills need to be paid the companies and dollar shortage will spike it's upside.

This is not going to paint a pretty picture.

Although, I was bullish. The incompetency of the this f-ing govt, is pain-stakingly making me rethink investments.

Last edited by apka on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #373   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

Vinay if VIX crosses 25, would you still feel the same?

I am for having new high this year itself, but currently the underlying selling strength and lack of buying is greater.

apka, weekly candle of nifty is an imperfect inverted hammer while that of vix is an imperfect hanging man. I feel vix has topped out or will top out on monday. I still feel 5830 and then 5310 by sept end before zooming up. BUT if it goes down first then sharp rise will come much sooner.

let's see how next week, which is crucial, pans out.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #374   PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
According to one observation (based on sun's transit), high/low of period 13/7 to 26/7 each year is vital. Breakout/down in any direction gives good gains till 14/1 of next year (12-90% gain seen in previous 10 years). Gains are high on second breakout/down if first breakdown/out is false.

This year, high/low in this period of July are 6093/5869. Apka/RK, let's track this regularly.

This was posted on 29/7. 10% below high of above period is 5483.70. So 10% profit made in 13 days if anyone shorted around 6093. Smile

10% below the low of that period is 5282.10.

Real fun will be if this break down was false. So I am long.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #375   PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
vinay28 wrote:
According to one observation (based on sun's transit), high/low of period 13/7 to 26/7 each year is vital. Breakout/down in any direction gives good gains till 14/1 of next year (12-90% gain seen in previous 10 years). Gains are high on second breakout/down if first breakdown/out is false.

This year, high/low in this period of July are 6093/5869. Apka/RK, let's track this regularly.

This was posted on 29/7. 10% below high of above period is 5483.70. So 10% profit made in 13 days if anyone shorted around 6093. Smile

10% below the low of that period is 5282.10.

Real fun will be if this break down was false. So I am long.

ok so possibilities to have 5280 too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 25 of 51

Jump to: