Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View - August Series 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View - August Series 2013
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #616   PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:
The SGX moves are as per the intentions of "them".[/color]

on the contrary rk. sgx is sometimes nicely used to misguide, the volume being very low.

I find it to be good indicative for next trading day if majority of the time it holds in one colour green / red, then it's reliable to assume next day will be green / red.

They have even started SGX Nifty options not long ago, though those are traded in low volumes but it's OI in the respective strikes is indicative for what level the buying is happening or what level they maybe preparing for.

SGX Aug puts have highest OI compared to calls and 5400pe has highest since beginning of the series. Sept has highest OI in 5100pe and 5400pe. While Oct has at 5400pe. And Oct calls above 5400ce to 6000ce are building up. I have only seen for Aug month activity. Let's see whether Sept brings 5100 which has highest OI.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #617   PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
vinay28 wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:
The SGX moves are as per the intentions of "them".[/color]

on the contrary rk. sgx is sometimes nicely used to misguide, the volume being very low.

I find it to be good indicative for next trading day if majority of the time it holds in one colour green / red, then it's reliable to assume next day will be green / red.

They have even started SGX Nifty options not long ago, though those are traded in low volumes but it's OI in the respective strikes is indicative for what level the buying is happening or what level they maybe preparing for.

SGX Aug puts have highest OI compared to calls and 5400pe has highest since beginning of the series. Sept has highest OI in 5100pe and 5400pe. While Oct has at 5400pe. And Oct calls above 5400ce to 6000ce are building up. I have only seen for Aug month activity. Let's see whether Sept brings 5100 which has highest OI.

Thanks Apka,

I think it's really crucial information. It must be giving us a rough idea of serpentine moves of the Nifty in the coming months.

That's the way to enrich ourselves with collective efforts.Some one said trading is not a collective act ...could be true.Arming your self with proper data ,analysis and observations is definetely more effective as a collective act.
beowulf
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #618   PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the sharp rise in rupee (now @63.xx levels) have any effect on the markets on Monday...?
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #619   PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beowulf wrote:
Will the sharp rise in rupee (now @63.xx levels) have any effect on the markets on Monday...?

That is an attempt by the RBI to make it look like it closed lower levels by selling dollars after share market closes and before Forex closes and thereby affect sentiments and technicals. It was tried before but didn't work.

Btw, Vinay I re-checked and was told PSU Banks don't deal in Forex / Forward Prop trading. They are not allowed by the RBI. So the news of RBI shorting futures must be for Bonds and erroneously given to us as USDINR.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #620   PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
beowulf wrote:

That is an attempt by the RBI to make it look like it closed lower levels by selling dollars after share market closes and before Forex closes and thereby affect sentiments and technicals. It was tried before but didn't work.

Btw, Vinay I re-checked and was told PSU Banks don't deal in Forex / Forward Prop trading. They are not allowed by the RBI. So the news of RBI shorting futures must be for Bonds and erroneously given to us as USDINR.

rbi did not sell USD after market hours but announced some more measures for banks. I hope it won't be repeat of wednesday i.e. gap up and tank.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #621   PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
apka wrote:
beowulf wrote:

rbi did not sell USD after market hours but announced some more measures for banks. I hope it won't be repeat of wednesday i.e. gap up and tank.

This phenomenon is not limited to Rupee, most of the emerging market currencies appreciated in a similar way against $.I explained the possibility of this in MMM thread the moment latest announcement made regarding increase in Jobless claims.Forex markets read it in the same way …expecting delay in QE tapering. Even Precious metals too appreciated with the same reading.

This may not be that short lived phenomena like earlier. But our markets may decouple with rupee movement for some time till big jumps occurs either way in exchange rates.
chqmate
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #622   PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10100/10700/12000. is it T1,T2 n T3 for bknifty Question
beowulf
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #623   PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beowulf wrote:

Thanks for your views...
Any knee jerk reaction expected in IT stocks..? especially since the new kid in town seems to be Metals now...
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #624   PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chqmate wrote:
10100/10700/12000. is it T1,T2 n T3 for bknifty Question

no, these are merely my expectations if banknifty goes up.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #625   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axis Bank made new low after last week's low. I think it's going for 815-817.

Have taken short now 5461 fut, expecting 5405.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #626   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:

but solid +ve div.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #627   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
apka wrote:

but solid +ve div.

sorry I gave wrong figure, 915-917. Strong support there.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #628   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
vinay28 wrote:
apka wrote:

but solid +ve div.

sorry I gave wrong figure, 915-917. Strong support there.

Evil or Very Mad anger4
ritapandit25
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #629   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinay,

It is NR7 today?
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #630   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ritapandit25 wrote:
Vinay,

It is NR7 today?

yes rita. also an imperfect evening doji star.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 42 of 51

Jump to: