Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View - August Series 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View - August Series 2013
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #661   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

29.98 VIX high

RUPEE 66.075 high

Diesel hiked by Rs.3... Rs.5 was demanded.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #662   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
29.98 VIX high

RUPEE 66.075 high

who told you? not yet.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #663   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
apka wrote:
29.98 VIX high

RUPEE 66.075 high

who told you? not yet.

ok. some online friend said. sorry.
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #664   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...someone told to buy Sep "out of money" calls for OIL stocks like BP HP in anticipation...not done myself yet...watching
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #665   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nifty should go to 5550 from here and then tank. I feel you should close your short.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #666   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
nifty should go to 5550 from here and then tank. I feel you should close your short.

Hmm, I'm taking the risk to carry fwd.

The govt has nothing in it's pockets or hats to show us as a surprise in 1 day for the economy. All they depend on is pep talk and steps from RBI to try to stabilize the market. The 'H' is silent for them when thinking of 'Need of Hour'.

Btw, VIX 30.04 fresh high.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #667   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) 5200ce OI doubled. 5300ce OI more than 150%. This is 3 days before expiry. Surely 5300 will act as the resistance from hereon for expiry.

(2) 5300ce ATP being near 53 right now. So won't expect 5350 to cross from tomorrow onwards till expiry.

(3) And big short covering at 5400pe 5500pe.

(4) 47% OI added to Sept Fut shorts as of intraday.

Lets see at close where figures stand.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #668   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
pkholla wrote:
Super strong bear trend today also. Not yet gone back and hit 15 ema line. Best to use pull backs to short again at the top of the pull back. Cheers, Prakash Holla

15ema on what tf?

Sorry, Vinay, BSNL B'lore is part of UPA I think. Off since 1200 (after off whole day y'day). Just came back.
Standard Al Brooks trading funda: candles in 5TF, use 15 ema for checking strength of trend (if doesnt come back to test 15ema within 2 hours of opening, then strong trend, even after testing will go short again)
Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #669   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
.......Standard Al Brooks trading funda: candles in 5TF, use 15 ema for checking strength of trend (if doesnt come back to test 15ema within 2 hours of opening, then strong trend, even after testing will go short again)Prakash Holla

then what shows trend reversal, since you will short after testing 15 ema again? By the way, 5tf crossed 15ema in the last 5 min.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #670   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NR 7 set up rocked to day.Nifty... gapdown opening breaking yesterdays low and continuous down word journey.No gap covering effort.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #671   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
By the way, 5tf crossed 15ema in the last 5 min.

Last 5 minutes mein ( ya last 30 min mein) kya INTRA karoge?
Anyway after 1500, NF expected to go against trend, from my experience.
Suppose Nifty all day going down, shorts will cover up by buying and other buying will come in and market will for last few minutes go long
Same for Nifty trending whole day up, last few minutes will lead to longs covering up by selling and fresh shorts will also join in
See historical charts if you dont believe?!
Vinay: please dont go on asking 101 Qs to which u prob know the answer. Read Al Brooks. I have offered to send you a CD. OR DL from free websites
Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #672   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

Suppose Nifty all day going down, shorts will cover up by buying and other buying will come in and market will for last few minutes go long
Same for Nifty trending whole day up, last few minutes will lead to longs covering up by selling and fresh shorts will also join in
Vinay: please dont go on asking 101 Qs to which u prob know the answer. Read Al Brooks. I have offered to send you a CD. OR DL from free websites
Jai Hind, Prakash Holla

my dear mr Holla, my question was not about doing anything in last 5 min. You had said that you will short again when price touches 15ema again. Hence my question, I repeat, after shorting when price touches 15ema, how do you decide when to square off and go long i.e. what is the sign of reversal (SAR)? sabe?
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #673   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
You had said that you will short again when price touches 15ema again. Hence my question, I repeat, after shorting when price touches 15ema, how do you decide when to square off and go long i.e. what is the sign of reversal (SAR)? sabe?

1 In a SUPER STRONG BEARISH TREND like today did you notice any chance of making money going long? (Before 1525 that is?)
PROBABILITY favors trades going short, all day long, on days like today. You can enter anywhere (before 1500 and while market is going down) and make some money but Al Brooks reco placing fresh short when counter trend starts failing and you can place the trade near about end of such counter trend
2 All trading is based on probability. Nothing is certain. But with proper stops today we could have made a ton of money going short
3 To answer your Q, suppose you saw the downward trend temporarily stop and reverse upwards, you could have either continued with stop OR squared off and placed fresh short at top of counter trend
The reason why Al recos 5TF is that it is easy to see where the price is headed. False starts and confusing moves seen in 30 sec to 2 min TFs are minimized by the longer TF
Al also says if you want, you can view chart in 3 min TF but action is faster like in fast forward and you need to be quick and considerably more alert
Vinay: Please read Al Brooks. All you Qs are answered there!!!!
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #674   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
pkholla wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

Jai Hind, Prakash Holla

my dear mr Holla, my question was not about doing anything in last 5 min. You had said that you will short again when price touches 15ema again. Hence my question, I repeat, after shorting when price touches 15ema, how do you decide when to square off and go long i.e. what is the sign of reversal (SAR)? sabe?

do you understand the words coming out of his mouth?

( if anyone remembers chris rock, rush hour Very Happy )
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #675   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla...or hollapk, whichever is active right now... you were updating some levels not long back... what's the status with those? expectation of levels to come from hereon?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 45 of 51

Jump to: