Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View - August Series 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View - August Series 2013
vvsp
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #676   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:

Standard Al Brooks trading funda: candles in 5TF, use 15 ema for checking strength of trend
Prakash Holla

Prakash,
Which book by Al Brooks are you referring to?
I have the e-book "Reading price charts bar by bar". I have to admit that I didn't read all chapters of the book but understand that Al Brooks uses 20 EMA in 5 min TF. If you are referring the same book please have a look at "Preface - page xviii" and "Glossary - EMA".
Thanks.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #677   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 5245 is last support on monthly basis.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #678   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

do you consider monthly important? There are hardly any few sticks to consider them. I find weekly has more importance even if monthly is breached... Just for knowledge purpose asking, does everyone feel about monthly the same way?

FII -1373.99cr
DII +480.5cr

So, who absorbs the deficit? It can't be all Retailers.

High fut volumes today, almost as high as it was when nifty fell -250 last to last friday.

That time Fut volumes were 26 million, today more than 24 million. So still quiet high.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #679   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to consider higher TF for longer term view. you seem to have forgotten my "nifty outlook for 2013". Pl revisit.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #680   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RBI calls for govt to dilute ownership in state banks

The government should consider diluting its ownership in state-owned banks to reduce the country's financial burden and push for consolidation, while boosting the number of private lenders, the Reserve Bank of India said in a discussion paper on Tuesday.

"As a prudent economic decision, there is a case for government to reduce its ownership stake in the PSBs," the RBI said in the paper, referring to public sector banks.

"There is a need to boost the presence of private banks, while consolidating the existing public banking system," the RBI also wrote.

The central bank estimated the government would have to inject a combined 900 billion rupees over a period of five years to allow state-run lenders to comply with Basel III capital requirements.

"Clearly, providing equity capital of this size in the face of fiscal constraints poses significant challenges," the RBI said.

Quote:
PM asks oil minister to slash imports by $25 bln in 2013/14

Oil minister Veerappa Moily said on Tuesday that the prime minister has asked him to save $25 billion on oil imports in the current fiscal year, to help the country narrow its current account deficit (CAD).

"Oil is one of the components which is responsible for CAD," Moily said.

India's oil import bill rose 9.2 percent to $169.25 billion in the 2012/13 fiscal year that ended in March.

"I have already made attempts for $22 billion, and I will make attempts for another $3 billion," Moily told reporters, but did not elaborate.

Moily also said India does not plan to allow oil marketing companies to raise diesel prices by more than the approved 0.50 rupees per litre a month.

The keyword is 'attempts'. No clarification is there on whether they were able to achieve or not from earlier attempts. But I sense not, else they would be boasting about it.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #681   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now to see whether US attacks Syria by thursday
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #682   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
now to see whether US attacks Syria by thursday

Let the games begin. Cool
ritapandit25
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #683   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Vinay forget any support. Market 2morrow down down more down more more down& down close. Laughing
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #684   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGX low before market close was 5,255.50.... now after market 5,244.00.... cmp 5,254.00.

SGX sept low before market close was 5,267.00.... now after market 5,251.00..... cmp 5,260.50

DAX 8,242.56 -192.59 -2.28%.... going for 8000 as per me.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #685   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it seems future touched 67.465... we are going for 67+ tomorrow. come on. mareez
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #686   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
India's economic growth likely languished at a decade-low of around 4.6 percent in the April-June quarter, gross domestic product (GDP) data are expected to show on Friday, with the deepening slowdown sparing few sectors in Asia's number three economy.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #687   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vvsp wrote:
Prakash, Which book by Al Brooks are you referring to? I have the e-book "Reading price charts bar by bar". I have to admit that I didn't read all chapters of the book but understand that Al Brooks uses 20 EMA in 5 min TF. If you are referring the same book please have a look at "Preface - page xviii" and "Glossary - EMA". Thanks.

1 Please read the entire book (same book you refer to), not just the index and glossary, thank you
2 Al does trade using 5 TF candles AND 20 ema
3 Al's book shows 20 ema charts
B U T ....

4 pdf p 128 book p102
[Also, there is often a tendency for the first pullback to the 15-minute EMA to be followed by a test of the trend extreme]
5 pdf p210 book p184
[This was a great buy setup. You don't have to check, but the first big pullback in a strong trend usually tests the 15-minute EMA (and this one was an almost exact test, but that information was not needed to place the trade).]

6 Al most of the time doesnt mention any number just says ema but I believe he uses 15 ema as a test of a strong trend.

7 Al is flexi about 5TF also. He does mention somewhere that we can trade in 3TF if we wish, BUT the trades come fast

Please agree to disagree. This is the last I am posting on Al Brooks. Everyone please use your interpretation of what he means and what he recos, by reading his book and acting on it.
Jai Hind, Prakash Holla
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #688   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
pkholla...or hollapk, whichever is active right now... you were updating some levels not long back... what's the status with those? expectation of levels to come from hereon?

iska jawab toh do Smile
vvsp
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #689   PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
vvsp wrote:
Prakash, Which book by Al Brooks are you referring to? I have the e-book "Reading price charts bar by bar". I have to admit that I didn't read all chapters of the book but understand that Al Brooks uses 20 EMA in 5 min TF. If you are referring the same book please have a look at "Preface - page xviii" and "Glossary - EMA". Thanks.

1 Please read the entire book (same book you refer to), not just the index and glossary, thank you
2 Al does trade using 5 TF candles AND 20 ema
3 Al's book shows 20 ema charts
B U T ....

4 pdf p 128 book p102
[Also, there is often a tendency for the first pullback to the 15-minute EMA to be followed by a test of the trend extreme]
5 pdf p210 book p184
[This was a great buy setup. You don't have to check, but the first big pullback in a strong trend usually tests the 15-minute EMA (and this one was an almost exact test, but that information was not needed to place the trade).]

6 Al most of the time doesnt mention any number just says ema but I believe he uses 15 ema as a test of a strong trend.

7 Al is flexi about 5TF also. He does mention somewhere that we can trade in 3TF if we wish, BUT the trades come fast

Please agree to disagree. This is the last I am posting on Al Brooks. Everyone please use your interpretation of what he means and what he recos, by reading his book and acting on it.
Jai Hind, Prakash Holla

I never said that I read only the index and glossary. I only mentioned that I did not read all chapters.
I agree that everybody can have their own interpretation of what the author means.
But, 15-Minute EMA is not same as 15EMA.
15-Minute EMA is any EMA in 15 min. TF. In this book EMA is always of 20-period.
15EMA is 15-period EMA in any time frame.
From my side too,this is the last post on this subject.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #690   PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after gap down when dust settles, one can try 5200ce for August.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 46 of 51

Jump to: