Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View - December
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View - December
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #346   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
no, what I meant was what about data for their net cash purchase/sell?

that they update here in text:

http://www.nseindia.com/products/content/equities/equities/fii_dii_market_today.htm

edit: more interesting details here:

http://www.sebi.gov.in/sebiweb/investment/statistics.jsp?s=fii

FII Investment Details (Financial Year) :

http://www.sebi.gov.in/cms/sebi_data/commondocs/FIIInvestmentFY_h.html

look at the stats.. most investment have come in 2009-10 and 2010-11 and 2008-09 didnt even see that much exit!
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #347   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"most investment have come in 2009-10 and 2010-11 and 2008-09 didnt even see that much exit!"

add to that the fact that they have made only loss throughout the last 5 years. how can they withdraw now? Smile
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #348   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will exit when NIFTY goes to 15000. Mr rameshraja has given that target.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #349   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is 15750, which I had posted in a forum two years ago and got highly ridiculed but no issues. Smile

and gold at 55000
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #350   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
sw_das wrote:
I guess FIIs sold NIFTY for last a few days. Even today small sell figure. However we are making new swing high even today. We need to give more respect to this until it stops.

That figure contains total for Dec, Jan and Feb series which are open for trading.

Dec Futures OI saw addition of 2.25 lakh shares.
Jan Futures OI saw addition of 22.5 thousand shares.
Feb Futures OI saw addition of 29.5 thousand shares.

So, if they have sold how market rose... Whether the selling is exiting of previous longs.. addition of fresh shorts BY FII.. all this cannot be determined.

Point to be noted is that FIIs are buying in cash market but shorting in futures/options market as a hedge. they will make up with the premium erosions. and are remaining short on the USD/INR and this is extremely well played game. our DIIs are committed to play tango with them. (It takes two to tango) Retail trader must be extremely careful next couple of weeks. yesterday's bank nifty reversal move (300+ points) has wiped out lot of retailers who had shorted heavily.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #351   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
apka wrote:
sw_das wrote:
I guess FIIs sold NIFTY for last a few days. Even today small sell figure. However we are making new swing high even today. We need to give more respect to this until it stops.

That figure contains total for Dec, Jan and Feb series which are open for trading.

Dec Futures OI saw addition of 2.25 lakh shares.
Jan Futures OI saw addition of 22.5 thousand shares.
Feb Futures OI saw addition of 29.5 thousand shares.

So, if they have sold how market rose... Whether the selling is exiting of previous longs.. addition of fresh shorts BY FII.. all this cannot be determined.

Point to be noted is that FIIs are buying in cash market but shorting in futures/options market as a hedge. they will make up with the premium erosions. and are remaining short on the USD/INR and this is extremely well played game. our DIIs are committed to play tango with them. (It takes two to tango) Retail trader must be extremely careful next couple of weeks. yesterday's bank nifty reversal move (300+ points) has wiped out lot of retailers who had shorted heavily.

yes to avoid erosion of premium is what I meant too by hedging. they can keep rolling over and when its time to sell off, they short futures more than the cash selling they will do as happens daily, futures are traded more than their equities. since there must be 100 fiis not all will be long at the same time, some may chance stance so hedging is required with such huge funds on the line.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #352   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
mine is 15750, which I had posted in a forum two years ago and got highly ridiculed but no issues. Smile

and gold at 55000

gold has risen nearly 50% in last 18 months. i cannot understand what it has which makes it so valuable except our instilled desire for it because thats all we know its expensive and will only rise... but what makes it rise... is it a game to balance the excess print of money from europe and US.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #353   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

and gold at 55000

gold has risen nearly 50% in last 18 months. i cannot understand what it has which makes it so valuable except our instilled desire for it because thats all we know its expensive and will only rise... but what makes it rise... is it a game to balance the excess print of money from europe and US.

Why gold should be given such an importance?...It's a different question. But right now it's accepted as a safe heaven and bound to go up due to indiscriminate printing of paper.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #354   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
apka wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

and gold at 55000

Why gold should be given such an importance?...It's a different question. But right now it's accepted as a safe heaven and bound to go up due to indiscriminate printing of paper.

The problem I see in Gold's chart is that its parabolic compared to Silver which looks a bit more healthy....the prob with parabolic chart is that when some kinda correction set in, there wont be anything to stop....but for Gold, it has been an one-way traffic till now....and will continue that as per the current global economic situation....but for how long?...forever??....only time will tell...
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #355   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

and gold at 55000

that's how market works, what goes up attracts more buy and vice versa.
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #356   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

and gold at 55000

that's how market works, what goes up attracts more buy and vice versa. people have not lost money in gold Smile
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #357   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the long run, silver can appreciate more due to paucity of reserves
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #358   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
mine is 15750, which I had posted in a forum two years ago and got highly ridiculed but no issues. Smile and gold at 55000

Vinay: If this happens, give me your Bombay address. I will come from B'lore and do full stretch namashkar and hand over single malt of your choice. Because, by then, my recycle bin will have been emptied of even the most stubborn and stupidly insane share, at a profit! God bless you Vinay, and may He make our vision come true! Prakash Holla
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #359   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
in the long run, silver can appreciate more due to paucity of reserves

Not only that reason, silver and platinum have lots of practical applications also, unlike gold. Prakash Holla
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #360   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prakash, you are welcome even otherwise, provided of course you bring a bottle of Taliskar or a better Irish single malt. Laughing

On a serious note you will have to wait for 2015 end at the earliest for that AND some if not all of your recycle bin may yet remain unchanged. I have the same story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 24 of 74

Jump to: