Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View February
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View February
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1066   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
march 5800pe touched 137+ Very Happy ... also traded 5700pe 6 -> 20 Very Happy

great job apka
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1067   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The daily candle is a bearish engulfing to last two days' candles and can prove be a Last Engulfing Bottom, a likely reversal sign, if tmrw closes above today's close.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1068   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
The daily candle is a bearish engulfing to last two days' candles and can prove be a Last Engulfing Bottom, a likely reversal sign, if tmrw closes above today's close.

this is a technical term? i want to know more if u can share on it.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1069   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

this is a technical term? i want to know more if u can share on it.

This link also gives success ratio

http://www.thepatternsite.com/LastEngulfBottom.html

But on the above subject of candle, tmrw has to open gap up and close above today's close, preferably also +ve (green candle) to give first confirmation. Next confirmation is close above today's open.

As per neo-wave theory, nifty MUST go to 5548 in next three days (and not 4) to confirm a partcular trend that starts a 12 moth bear market.

By the way, chiddu is hands in glove with FIIs. First he tells them "I am going to make some comments in budget which I will clarify later". FIIs then sell in morning and buy at bottom. Then he clarifies in the evening that "your fears are unfounded" - this may be a figment of my imagination but next week will tell us.

Last edited by vinay28 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #1070   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
vix has crashed

Not sure why it crashed. It should have been up? there were lot of panic!!
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1071   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sw_das wrote:
vinay28 wrote:
vix has crashed

Where is Volatality?.It's one directional move. 24 24 24
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #1072   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sw_das wrote:
vinay28 wrote:
vix has crashed

VIX crash is perfectly normal. The implied volatility was bid up only for the budget event. This happens for most so called important events, once the event has passed the high implied volatilities can't be justified and it just goes back to normal levels. Actually the implied volatilities start going down before the event itself.

Option writers have lot of fun around such events.

vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1073   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right ST, only one way move will dump vix.

on your market sentiment or the other thread ST, I would still request you to plot product pcr*vix against nifty if possible, at least for academic interest. Only problem is pcr value given by nse website doesn't contain total OI for all the months and for all the levels, which is required.

Apka, posted it today and it was correct but I don't know where he got it from. I get it from my broker.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #1074   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinay,

OK, will see if I can prepare pcr/vix/nifty chart. The pcr you want to see is OI based (or vol based)? Also, should pcr be only for nifty options or index options or index+stock options based?

skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #1075   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
sw_das wrote:
vinay28 wrote:
vix has crashed

VIX crash is perfectly normal. The implied volatility was bid up only for the budget event. This happens for most so called important events, once the event has passed the high implied volatilities can't be justified and it just goes back to normal levels. Actually the implied volatilities start going down before the event itself.

Option writers have lot of fun around such events.

OK. Thanks! So VIX depends on IV of options?
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #1076   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
sw_das wrote:
vinay28 wrote:
vix has crashed

Where is Volatality?.It's one directional move. 24 24 24

Not sure what you saw, I saw most volatile day of trading in last 3-4 months. 20 points fall, 20 points up move, 90 points fall, 60 points upmove, 90 points fall, 40 points upmove, then 90 points fall again. Is it not most volatile in recent time?

I am not sure mathematical formula of VIX, but was surprised it fell today based on above data. If it is based on option pricing then it explains as March option lost value today.
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #1077   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sw_das,

Yes, VIX is based on NIFTY options prices. It is basically a sort of proxy for average implied volatility of NF options.

See more details here : http://www.nseindia.com/content/press/prs_vix.htm

What happened today is very normal and very much on expected lines. NF implied volatility was bid up by options writers since the start of Feb expiry for today's event. Once the suspense around the event wears off volatility just returns to normal (even though price moved down). ATM options IV had slowly increased to around 25-30% (until 1-2 days ago), it is now back to around 14% today (back to normal levels). This is why vix crashed.

apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1078   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ST, I was not clear of this earlier. now i know.
masa
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1079   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys....thanks.....such type rich discussion helps like me. I read only chart and do not focused on all other issues.

At the end I bought 5800 Mar Call. Pl your views.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #1080   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST, pcr that I want is for nifty options for all open contracts for all months, this and next year(s) since we are drawing against nifty. Here's a link that may help

[CONTENT REMOVED BY ADMIN]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 72 of 74

Jump to: