Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View - Jan 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View - Jan 2013
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #286   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
sw_das wrote:
apka, it is absurd to tax txns in so many ways and again asking for tax on business income generated through future trading. Some broker analyzed their trading accounts. good 20-30% accounts are in net loss due to STT and other charges. Other wise they would have made profit.

stt chg for 10 points for 1 lot is about rs.45, thats 1 nifty point, thats not much. Brokerage and transaction chgs take more. Overtrading kills profit.

STT charge for one lot NF now is around 50-52 rs. Other charges are less than STT with some brokers. But there is no cap in STT. Not sure if you trade in future, if anyone trade with NF and BN predominantly, STT is a killer. More over we do not understand why Govt take this tax and what service they provide to traders?

If anyone make 10L profit, he can get only 2-4L max after giving all charges and income tax (2L will be STT of this). This is applicable for day and scalp trading.

PC introduced this stupid thing,
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #287   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also think about who makes marginal profit say 3-4L with the same volume in my previous example. He does hard work and who all enjoy - it is NSE, SEBI, broker, Govt, who not chart provided (sorry for writing this Smile), tips provided, internet provided.....all have smiles but traders Smile
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #288   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in India only open air remains to be taxed. Even air conditioned in restaurants are taxed. Laughing

anyhow, no use pondering it. Its securities transaction tax and we have to pay it whether its 1 or 1.5 nifty points. If just 1.5 nifty point gives u loss then one should not trade in market.
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #289   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
in India only open air remains to be taxed. Even air conditioned in restaurants are taxed. Laughing

anyhow, no use pondering it. Its securities transaction tax and we have to pay it whether its 1 or 1.5 nifty points. If just 1.5 nifty point gives u loss then one should not trade in market.

It is not about giving loss with 1 or 1.5 NF points. It takes away significant portion of profit. All other entities give services...but it is not clear what service is STT for. Very Happy

Anyway just a thought. I feel it is stupid thing with no reason.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #290   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Das: Most "services" are taxed round the world. (Today we are lucky the tax is not levied by thuggees killing you with their rumaal in an MP forest!) However it is impossible for the Govt to levy Income Tax at source on share sale because Govt or broker cannot determine amount of tax to be levied. Hence they have levied a "small" amount of transaction tax that will alert them to large transactions. They can then chase after these [REMOVED BY ADMIN] who dont want to contribute to Sonia's 27 life blood giving trusts or Rahulbaba's or Priyadidi's (or Prathibha's two round the world trips per month).
Console yourself that death and taxes are inevitable
Prakash Holla
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #291   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Das: Most "services" are taxed round the world. (Today we are lucky the tax is not levied by thuggees killing you with their rumaal in an MP forest!) However it is impossible for the Govt to levy Income Tax at source on share sale because Govt or broker cannot determine amount of tax to be levied. Hence they have levied a "small" amount of transaction tax that will alert them to large transactions. They can then chase after these haramkhors who dont want to contribute to Sonia's 27 life blood giving trusts or Rahulbaba's or Priyadidi's (or Prathibha's two round the world trips per month).
Console yourself that death and taxes are inevitable
Prakash Holla

Very Happy Prakash if it is targeted for income, then why taxing those who are making loss or making loss due to these charges. I do understand everyone has to pay tax, but this one does not seem to have any rational. Also mind it, it is not a small amount. Very Happy
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #292   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chances are there that we make good jerk in upside today I feel. It can make in a flash Smile
rsnerella
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #293   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Nifty view - January Reply with quote

Flash time over. anger4
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #294   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sw_das wrote:
chances are there that we make good jerk in upside today I feel. It can make in a flash Smile

Its gonna be a boring day for Index trading, unless there is some selling I feel.......most probably a small range-bound day.... Laughing ...but there could be some action in individual scrips....
skd2012
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #295   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prakash, up or down difficult to tell as market being in range....but there is a possibility exists for up jerk upto 6080-85 NF. Saying this purely from sentiment analysis Smile

need to wait to reach to boiling point or the situation for taking trade.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #296   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Das: May your 6085 NF come true and may Psalm's gloomy outlook come true AFTER that. May God keep both of you "sukhi". I have some Maruti shares waiting to be shorted. I want to contribute to Signora's next trip home to see the bambinos! (Das I am happy you stopped crying over STT! Repeat after me: Life is not fair! )
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #297   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Das: May your 6085 NF come true and may Psalm's gloomy outlook come true AFTER that. May God keep both of you "sukhi". I have some Maruti shares waiting to be shorted. I want to contribute to Signora's next trip home to see the bambinos! (Das I am happy you stopped crying over STT! Repeat after me: Life is not fair! )

I'm clueless, Prakash... Rolling Eyes ....I have been trying hard to find out what you meant by that for the last 10 minutes or so....still not able to find any answer to my satisfaction....But thank god, I didn't miss anything in the market... even though I was trying to figure out what you meant for the last 10 or 15 minutes.....it was trading at 6010.20 earlier...now when I looked back its trading at 6010.25.. 24 24 ...Thanks Nifty.... AEOM
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #298   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems it can blast any time now, up or down but perhaps up

BB narrowed
Moving in desc triangle, taking support at 6036 NF

Am I right in my conclusion

Last edited by saumya12 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #299   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka, which day opened at 6079NF?

this budget they will apply GARR to terrorists for their investment in India. And also service tax on rapists for their services. Plus tax on gurus like asaram bapu for his services to nation.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #300   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saumya12 wrote:
It seems it can blast any time now

How I wish!!!!!.... angel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 20 of 78

Jump to: