Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View - Jan 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View - Jan 2013
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #931   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week, we were discussing about Japan and valuations of Yen going down drastically. On friday, USD/JPY has reached BOJ target of 91. Now there could be some correction in that pair, I feel. Nikkei has also gone down today after making a new high. So, my feeling is that Nikkei might have topped for the short term. In the medium term, there isn't much weakness there though. So, let's wait and see if there is a retest of today's highs in the next few days... Smile
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #932   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
Reliance is one stock which not doing any favour for the index at this point of time. It is trading around its key support range of 890-900 area. If the stock starts closing below 900 levels. there is every chance of it to test 835 or lower levels. However, the stock should test 920-925 area again, I feel; even if it becomes weak. So, levels around 895 or so could be a good area to buy it for a LONG trade, I feel....with a stoploss of 5 or 6 rupees....if the stock goes up and tests 920-925 area, it will definitely help the index.....so, watch out... Smile

bought one lot of reliance now.....let's see if it holds 890 levels and bounces back to test 920-25 range....by the way, will exit this position if it goes below 990
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #933   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weakness in yen has resulted in gain for maruti stock, i never looked at it before that way. UBS giving buy call on maruti due to yen weakness.

if yen improves/apreciates, does it affect dollar index?
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #934   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
psalm wrote:
Reliance is one stock which not doing any favour for the index at this point of time. It is trading around its key support range of 890-900 area. If the stock starts closing below 900 levels. there is every chance of it to test 835 or lower levels. However, the stock should test 920-925 area again, I feel; even if it becomes weak. So, levels around 895 or so could be a good area to buy it for a LONG trade, I feel....with a stoploss of 5 or 6 rupees....if the stock goes up and tests 920-925 area, it will definitely help the index.....so, watch out... Smile

bought one lot of reliance now.....let's see if it holds 890 levels and bounces back to test 920-25 range....by the way, will exit this position if it goes below 990

990 on Reliance? buttery fingers Sam 24 24 ,

I am holding shorts on reliance from 925
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #935   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nov havala indicated 6066NF as resistance. Hopefully that will become a support now. Smile
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #936   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
weakness in yen has resulted in gain for maruti stock, i never looked at it before that way. UBS giving buy call on maruti due to yen weakness.

What a nexus between Maruti and YEN weakness, never thought that such can be a buying or selling signal for a stock...
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #937   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:

Dollar index is calculated by checking the exchange rates of Dollar with a basket of currencies, Apka.....Yen has significant weightage....Having said that I'm not sure how exactly it is gonna affect the dollar index in the very short term...

Weakening of Yen will help maruti only if it lot of imports from Japan....or else, may be regarding the royalty to Suzuki or so.....I don't see any other reason by which the weakening could help Maruti..... Rolling Eyes
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #938   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taxmann50 wrote:
psalm wrote:
psalm wrote:

990 on Reliance? buttery fingers Sam 24 24 ,

I am holding shorts on reliance from 925

hahaha...sorry i meant 890.....by the way, I'm also planning to initiate shorts in it around 920-925 if it goes there....else will think about initiating shorts below 880....
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #939   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
apka wrote:

Dollar index is calculated by checking the exchange rates of Dollar with a basket of currencies, Apka.....Yen has significant weightage....Having said that I'm not sure how exactly it is gonna affect the dollar index in the very short term...

Weakening of Yen will help maruti only if it lot of imports from Japan....or else, may be regarding the royalty to Suzuki or so.....I don't see any other reason by which the weakening could help Maruti..... Rolling Eyes

I have found an article which is 2 years old...but this article shows how maruti is related to YEN through its imports...but note that this is a very old article....just posted here to show the relationship of yen with maruti...Very Happy

http://automotivehorizon.sulekha.com/maruti-to-further-increase-localisation-to-minimise_newsitem_1682
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #940   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks sam.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #941   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam: I fail to see how Yen weakness will help Maruti?
1 India co gives 5% royalty to Suzuki Japan based on INR revenue. How this is affected by JPY- $ rate?
2 Maruti Suzuki is the most advanced Japanese auto mfr with least imported content. When earthquake hit production in Toyota, Honda etc , Maruti alone not affected among Jap cos. esp as India co keeps buffer stock of key imported components
3 Buy call can only be valid if Maruti is speeding up Gujarat plant and gradually vacating troublesome Manasar factory thereafter (Just like Mamata will regret saying BYE BYE to Tata, foolish Haryanvi "thugs-politicians" will regret blackmail of Maruti
Rgds, Prakash Holla
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #942   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Sam: I fail to see how Yen weakness will help Maruti?
1 India co gives 5% royalty to Suzuki Japan based on INR revenue. How this is affected by JPY- $ rate?
2 Maruti Suzuki is the most advanced Japanese auto mfr with least imported content. When earthquake hit production in Toyota, Honda etc , Maruti alone not affected among Jap cos. esp as India co keeps buffer stock of key imported components
3 Buy call can only be valid if Maruti is speeding up Gujarat plant and gradually vacating troublesome Manasar factory thereafter (Just like Mamata will regret saying BYE BYE to Tata, foolish Haryanvi "thugs-politicians" will regret blackmail of Maruti
Rgds, Prakash Holla

I have no clues how big this impact could be....my impression is that Maruti may be importing lion share of its parts from Japan.....otherwise, I don't see any reason...by the way, JPY was going down against almost all the currencies, Prakash.....it has been going down against rupee for the last 6 months or so after topping out in July last year....look at the weekly chart of JPY/INR pair...
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #943   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, maruti has to make payoffs to suzuki by way parts, profit sharing including dividends and royalty in Yen. So when yen goes down, maruti benefits. Even a schoolboy or illiterate union leader in Noida will tell you this. 24 24
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #944   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
guys, maruti has to make payoffs to suzuki by way parts, profit sharing including dividends and royalty in Yen. So when yen goes down, maruti benefits. Even a schoolboy or illiterate union leader in Noida will tell you this. 24 24

Vinay, what if the royalty is calculated as per rupee terms??....what's the role of Yen in that???/
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #945   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no sam, it's always in yen and such payments are same for all firms as foreigners don't trust INR. That's how FIIs benefit by buying at weak INR and selling at strong INR, stock price being same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 63 of 78

Jump to: