Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View - July Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View - July Series
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #331   PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitagg wrote:
rk_a2003 wrote:
Next target for NS appears to be 7850, there after 8250.

What time frame. Since u posted a level after very long, would be basing it on some solid reason. Just expecting timeframe likely for each target and SL upon which u would alter your views.

All know these levels would be touched over the next few months ( u are seeing them without a significant fall I guess)

So more important than level is your posting a significant support area for a given timeframe on which u have based your level

Very encouraging to see your posts and look forward for the guidance ......

It could be by September end.

As you know there can not be a universal SL; each person may decide his own.

If you say I must give a SL it's 7380 (EOD C.C).

You also may please realize that I expected a bounce and posted it on 14th July itself. If you consider that this SL may not look obsolete.

7700 NS may offer a formidable resistance and expect some correction around this level before breaking it .
dynamite_munda11
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #332   PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: nifty Reply with quote

rather than deciding ourselves where nifty is heading lets us see and know the entire positions held at the moment

FII:- at the moment hold 34613 index long, 666108 as stock futures short, 23799 as call index short, 384923 as index put long and hv been adding this put long since june expiry and started with 231152 put long. with just mere long in index by 34613 against 91835 held on june expiry FII hv been reducing their long in index and hv switched from long calls index from 37937 to shorts in index calls to 23799. in total they are complete short in index in july series. whether they will take the mkt up and oblige the clients is to be seen . ya hathi ke datt dikhane ke aur hai aur khannae ke aur

CLIENTS:- on the other hand hold 8870 long in index, 716224 stock futures long, 84886 as index call shorts and 154892 as index put shorts . they started the series with index shorts by 85888 and yesterday switched to long positions . in total if call shorts are hedge to put shorts than almost clients stand naked long against Fii almost naked shorts

where its heading its upto you to decide up or down ?
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #333   PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to understand what are these numbers.. Value or qty or lots or contracts... And how do you arrive at these figures for fii seperately of longs and shorts? How do you figure they have naked shorts and longs in puts? Then who is buying these high value positions for fii to short and writing the puts for fii to buy?

Last edited by apka on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #334   PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nifty for Monday (21/07/14)

Supports are at about 7648, 7597, 7544 and 7525 while resistances are at about 7691, 7707, 7717, 7742, 7777 and 7838. Previous high is at about 7731 and a lower unfilled gap is at about 7526. 10/20 dma is at about 7593/7600. Two +WWs can give about 7723 and 7796 (+WWs with higher targets are not mentioned as of now). Four -WWs can give about 7621 (once below 7686), 7610 (once below 7657), 7587 (once below 7665) and 7530 (once below 7618) (-WWs with much lower targets are not mentioned as of now).

Nifty rose again to close above 7650 and appears to be bullish. Daily candle is an outside bar and a mild -ve div has appeared on lower tf and we may see a mild reversal. If the mild hidden div on daily chart increases further, it can catapult nifty into a new orbit. A breach of 7650 is the first alert and a close below 20/10 dma may cause further fall. A close above 7720 may mean further rise but only a new high will ensure further rally. VIX can cause wild intraday swings, this being a long expiry. At the same time, liquidity is still abundant and one needs to be careful. Market will continue to dance to FIIs' whims and fancies.
dynamite_munda11
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #335   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
i would like to understand what are these numbers.. Value or qty or lots or contracts... And how do you arrive at these figures for fii seperately of longs and shorts? How do you figure they have naked shorts and longs in puts? Then who is buying these high value positions for fii to short and writing the puts for fii to buy?

these are net open interest positions held in different categories

clients on 18th july went long by 13315 contracts in nifty index and DII sold 469 , FII sold 9753 and Pro sold 3093 totaling(469+9753+3093=13315), clients were short in net by 4584 index and not only they covered their shorts but went long in total by 8870 ie (13315-4584=8870) . these figures are available on nse site

Pro have written index puts 33133 on 18th and clients bought 16930 ( reducing their shorts in puts and still holding -154892) Dii bought 2000 puts and Fii added 14203 (16930+2000+14203=33133)

hope this would satisfy your query on who is writing and who is buying for Fii

as far as naked shorts is concerened if you hold +34613 index long, -666108 stock shorts, -23799 written call (short in index) and puts long +384923 (short in index) than these cannot be as hedge to mere long in index of 34613

and rightly said by Vinay ji market is going to dance to FII whims and fancies
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #336   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thnks dm
dynamite_munda11
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #337   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: nifty daily Reply with quote

average sell value of Fii in index is at 7710.45

total contracts short 9753*50=487500 units

no of contracts bought 36992 value = 1414 cr
no of contracts sold 46745 value =1789 cr

difference 1789-1413=376 cr

3760000000/9753=385522/50=7710.45 average price
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #338   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can not be plain vanilla math's, Institutes do hedge their existing portfolio too. It's almost impossible to know whether they are net short or long from the statistics available. If it is not so you will never get in to loss in trading index.
dynamite_munda11
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #339   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
It can not be plain vanilla math's, Institutes do hedge their existing portfolio too. It's almost impossible to know whether they are net short or long from the statistics available. If it is not so you will never get in to loss in trading index.

if it is so that means information given on nse site is wrong and its as per data i have written and what it really means and what they are upto is very difficult to ascertain
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #340   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think you can ascertain.

A contract is a trade which can be of 50qrt or the maximum 10000qty. Wht they cover or long you cannot know by no of contracts.

Secondly, who are the pros and clients who have the risk anf margin capacity to write nakedly. Wouldnt they know the risk involved if winner will be FII.

There are 100s of fii.. If 1 day data suggests they are long and other day short... It can mean anything for current or next 2 month series. 20 fiis maybe long 30 short ... It doesnt mean the same ones have covered their positions.

Index futures and options comprises of both nifty, banknifty.... And nifty options right upto next 5 years..

Moreover the value of sgx futures traded is more than of nifty futures despite the volumes being 25% of nse nifty... Lot of factors influence and can suddenly induce new positions.. I think its unwise to presume that the data shows control and direction in black n white.
dynamite_munda11
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #341   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
i dont think you can ascertain.

A contract is a trade which can be of 50qrt or the maximum 10000qty. Wht they cover or long you cannot know by no of contracts.

Secondly, who are the pros and clients who have the risk anf margin capacity to write nakedly. Wouldnt they know the risk involved if winner will be FII.

There are 100s of fii.. If 1 day data suggests they are long and other day short... It can mean anything for current or next 2 month series. 20 fiis maybe long 30 short ... It doesnt mean the same ones have covered their positions.

Index futures and options comprises of both nifty, banknifty.... And nifty options right upto next 5 years..

Moreover the value of sgx futures traded is more than of nifty futures despite the volumes being 25% of nse nifty... Lot of factors influence and can suddenly induce new positions.. I think its unwise to presume that the data shows control and direction in black n white.

Dear Apka ji,

if it is so that data is false or wrong than why nse is updating the wrong data daily declaring it as net position clientwise and why they have been misleading by declaring and misleading whom their own countrymen and their own investors are they hand in glove with FII and what kind of national stock exchange it is that who wants foreign people to be in win win situation and their own people to lose their hard earned money.

any how i hv written in that post that " hatti ke daat khannae ke aur dikanae ke aur hai' dikhanae ke daat is what the mkt moving up or the data uploaded by nse is it one has to ascertain.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #342   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you getting emotional... And who said data is wrong.

I wrote that a contract can be of 50qty or 10000qty in nifty. You were presuming contract x 50qty. If they long 1 contract and 1 short. How will you know the open qty position difference... One trade can be 1000qty and the other 10000qty.

I am not criticising, so try to read with an open mind. I gave example how its only a presumption for the given reasons and not a leading conclusion. Ill be happy to be wrong if there is a leading conclusion that helps trading.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #343   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanjay, it doesn't make sense to me but I did hear that nse data is, strictly speaking, incorrect as it doesn't take into account all trades. Instead it is best to see sebi data as it is based on T2 basis (God knows what it means). I also don't know where to find it on sebi website. just try to find out.

e.g. last week's sell by goldman sach (FII) of their stake in M&M got reported but the counter buy by their own division in Singapore didn't since it is not considered as a FII but only as a PE. Hence nse doesn't always report correct picture but sebi does, based on what I am told.

In general, I had also posted long ago that one shouldn't go by daily variations in FII data but instead analyse weekly data. The reason is that a lot of FIIs "fund" their large clients (direct funding like a loan is banned) by allowing them to write huge qty of far away options where they are sure that it will be profitable. clients thus get "funding" for doing their trades in cash. the option trades are then squared off in a week or so.
anuptiwari
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #344   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: F2 DATA Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,
WHAT ALL U R FORGETTING IS THE CASH BASED BUYING BY F2 BY LAST SEVERAL YEARS PUMPING MONEY U ALL ARE SEEING ONLY DERIVATIVE DATA THE DATA IS TRUE SEE IT IN COMPRESSION WITH CASH DATA ALSO. SEVERAL TIMES ITS FOUND THAT FIRST THEY MAKE SHORT IN DERIVATIVE THAN THEY SELL THE CASH MKT.

HOPE IT NOW CLEAR NOW..............

vinay28 wrote:
sanjay, it doesn't make sense to me but I did hear that nse data is, strictly speaking, incorrect as it doesn't take into account all trades. Instead it is best to see sebi data as it is based on T2 basis (God knows what it means). I also don't know where to find it on sebi website. just try to find out.

e.g. last week's sell by goldman sach (FII) of their stake in M&M got reported but the counter buy by their own division in Singapore didn't since it is not considered as a FII but only as a PE. Hence nse doesn't always report correct picture but sebi does, based on what I am told.

In general, I had also posted long ago that one shouldn't go by daily variations in FII data but instead analyse weekly data. The reason is that a lot of FIIs "fund" their large clients (direct funding like a loan is banned) by allowing them to write huge qty of far away options where they are sure that it will be profitable. clients thus get "funding" for doing their trades in cash. the option trades are then squared off in a week or so.
welgro
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #345   PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 23 of 34

Jump to: