Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View- May 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View- May 2013
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #586   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
SP50 wrote:
I exited all the 820CE on friday. Laughing

and yet you are smiling? 24 24

Well my average cost was 10 and I sold it for 32 so nothing wrong I guess, was not hoping to buy a ship out of that profit 24 24 24
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #587   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP50 wrote:
Well my average cost was 10 and I sold it for 32 so nothing wrong I guess, was not hoping to buy a ship out of that profit 24 24 24

you could have sold partially. see today's high
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #588   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
SP50 wrote:

you could have sold partially. see today's high

True that was my mistake, still adolescent sir, to trade like a pro I am way off..
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #589   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6200pe has added over 16 lakh shares intraday.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #590   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:

what is the status of 6200ce?
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #591   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
apka wrote:

what is the status of 6200ce?

standstill to some shedding. total OI 73 lakhs.

6200pe total now 53 lakh.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #592   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there is a retracement to the cup and handle breakout before moving up, we may see 6060-6080 at max and then rise again.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #593   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vix made a high of 18
beowulf
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #594   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
vix made a high of 18

Hi Vinay,
Sorry if this question is dated and redundant, but can you post/point to some details on how VIX and NIFTY are related. Is this a equation of some kind. Typically what kind of VIX levels signal caution etc...
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #595   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beowulf, this has been discussed many times in this and previous "nifty view" threads. Pl search for them. BUT, lately, particularly in May, this relationship is confusing and I feel it is mainly due to high pcr.
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #596   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what VIX has been since last year till feb this year, i.e., coming down from 20 levels to below 13 (which became all time low and it came in 2013).... is suggesting the most eased trend performance of Nifty.

In 2011 Aug fall VIX went to 35 or so and it tend to remain about 22-30 most times.

Any easing near to 20 or below meant smoother movement / trend for nifty. It's Volatility Index, which is a measure of the volatility which lies in Index Options. The higher the VIX the higher the prices of options -- because it implies people are buying options at a higher premium. If it goes negative at the same place where nifty was hours back when VIX was positive... you will see drop in option premiums.

This current rise in VIX and the rise in Nifty are not normal in comparement to history.

The more nifty moves up and down, i.e., remains volatile -- the higher the VIX will be. So, as per me this VIX rise, indicating extra premium in Index put and call options, is "just preparing for the worst incase of a fall from this height".... because from this zone (6000 plus) we have normally seen only one trend after some-time, i.e., downtrend.... If by this week nifty does not breach 6060-6080 zone, we may say everyday exit of puts been bought before, resulting in VIX going down.

Incase, nifty goes to 6400 and VIX goes to 28, your price of 6100pe may remain the same or not lose much premium as per price, because of the volility. So, VIX is not direct indicator of trend, but an anticipated preparation of Option buyers. Whether it will hold or not we have to watch and judge.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #597   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP50 wrote:
Well my average cost was 10 and I sold it for 32 so nothing wrong I guess, was not hoping to buy a ship out of that profit

Tax: Congrats. Nice profit. You are the sanest person in this lot! Book your profits while you can is a sound strategy. Kal ko kisne dekha hai? Prakash Holla
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #598   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
SP50 wrote:
Well my average cost was 10 and I sold it for 32 so nothing wrong I guess, was not hoping to buy a ship out of that profit

Tax: Congrats. Nice profit. You are the sanest person in this lot! Book your profits while you can is a sound strategy. Kal ko kisne dekha hai? Prakash Holla

fair enough then i, vinay, saumya must be crazy
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #599   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
pkholla wrote:
SP50 wrote:

fair enough then i, vinay, saumya must be crazy

let prakash search the appropriate word! 24 24
beowulf
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #600   PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
what VIX has been since last year till feb this year, i.e., coming down from 20 levels to below 13 (which became all time low and it came in 2013).... is suggesting the most eased trend performance of Nifty.

In 2011 Aug fall VIX went to 35 or so and it tend to remain about 22-30 most times.

Any easing near to 20 or below meant smoother movement / trend for nifty. It's Volatility Index, which is a measure of the volatility which lies in Index Options. The higher the VIX the higher the prices of options -- because it implies people are buying options at a higher premium. If it goes negative at the same place where nifty was hours back when VIX was positive... you will see drop in option premiums.

This current rise in VIX and the rise in Nifty are not normal in comparement to history.

The more nifty moves up and down, i.e., remains volatile -- the higher the VIX will be. So, as per me this VIX rise, indicating extra premium in Index put and call options, is "just preparing for the worst incase of a fall from this height".... because from this zone (6000 plus) we have normally seen only one trend after some-time, i.e., downtrend.... If by this week nifty does not breach 6060-6080 zone, we may say everyday exit of puts been bought before, resulting in VIX going down.

Incase, nifty goes to 6400 and VIX goes to 28, your price of 6100pe may remain the same or not lose much premium as per price, because of the volility. So, VIX is not direct indicator of trend, but an anticipated preparation of Option buyers. Whether it will hold or not we have to watch and judge.

Thanks apka...
I was just looking at VIX long term charts. Can somebody advise if this is a +ww on it. I dont have any tools to draw/post
Point 1: Vix ~13 - 6-8 March 2013
Point 2: Vix ~ 18+ - 3rd week of March
Point 3: Vix ~ 14 - 5-7 April
Point 4: Vix ~17 - Mid-20 April
Point 5: Vix ~ 14 - Last week of April

After that it has been rising steadily...

IF THIS IS TRUE the target is ~22-23

Please let me know if there are any corrections/flaws in this...

Thanks,
Beo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 40 of 67

Jump to: