Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NIFTY VIEW - November
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author NIFTY VIEW - November
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #151   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka, nifty had highest close since 8th oct excluding yesterday.
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #152   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning to all
Any idea at what time, the results of SBI, tata steel and coal india
Thanks
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #153   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saumya12 wrote:
Good Morning to all
Any idea at what time, the results of SBI, tata steel and coal india
Thanks

Not sure abt the timings, Saumya...but as per Apka, Sbi result is around 2.30 pm...by the way, the other few results today are

auropharma
bpcl
hdil
hpcl
ioc
jindalstel
pantaloon
pfc
suntv
tatachem
united spirits
saumya12
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #154   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sam
Yes, there are quite a few results today, and in anticipation, particularly SBI, Tata steel, coal india, the market may remain sideways, irrespective of global cues.
The clouds will not be clear till sbi results.
This is what I think.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #155   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Market is trading around 5741 now...For the day, I expect the market to find some support in the range 5728-5718 range, below that 5703 or 5685 could be tested. On the upside, the market will find it difficult to break above the range 5753-5765 range....however, a break above this range COULD push the market to 5785-5790 levels......Expect volatility in the second part of the session, as a few companies, especially SBI, will be announcing the result today and because of the weekly closing....
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #156   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
Market is trading around 5741 now...For the day, I expect the market to find some support in the range 5728-5718 range, below that 5703 or 5685 could be tested. On the upside, the market will find it difficult to break above the range 5753-5765 range....however, a break above this range COULD push the market to 5785-5790 levels......Expect volatility in the second part of the session, as a few companies, especially SBI, will be announcing the result today and because of the weekly closing....

How are we placed on the weekly chart?
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #157   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taxmann50 wrote:
psalm wrote:

In the weekly charts, I dont see much weakness in NIFTY, Taxmann ......Weakness will set it only below 5600 levels....but its not the case with individual stocks....that's why mentioned bout weekly closing... Smile
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #158   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
taxmann50 wrote:
psalm wrote:

In the weekly charts, I dont see much weakness in NIFTY, Taxmann ......Weakness will set it only below 5600 levels....but its not the case with individual stocks....that's why mentioned bout weekly closing... Smile

Ok, I get the point, 5600 is long way away.
What r you planning about your puts?
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #159   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taxmann50 wrote:
psalm wrote:
taxmann50 wrote:
psalm wrote:

Definitely holding them over weekend unless we break above 5815-5830.....Since I have exited the SHORTs and bought PUTs I dont worry too much....I've in fact added PUTs, even today.....around 38.....Even though this is a positional trade, my stoploss is very very close...so, its worth taking risk....and its a very reasonably long expiry as well...so, I find these options pretty cheap (I'm not under-rating the option writers).... Very Happy ....Let's wait and see if we'll break above the recent highs... Smile
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #160   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
taxmann50 wrote:
psalm wrote:
taxmann50 wrote:
psalm wrote:

Definitely holding them over weekend unless we break above 5815-5830.....Since I have exited the SHORTs and bought PUTs I dont worry too much....I've in fact added PUTs, even today.....around 38.....Even though this is a positional trade, my stoploss is very very close...so, its worth taking risk....and its a very reasonably long expiry as well...so, I find these options pretty cheap (I'm not under-rating the option writers).... Very Happy ....Let's wait and see if we'll break above the recent highs... Smile

5700 calls building negative open interest Laughing
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #161   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taxmann50 wrote:

5700 calls building negative open interest Laughing

Yup...saw that...5700 and 6100 are getting covered slightly....at the same time, there are reasonable call writing happenign around 5800.....5400 and 5300 PUTs getting covered as well....so, a bit confusing....but one must remember that the overall mood is still in favour of the bulls...so, fingers crossed... Smile
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #162   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steel stocks, particular tata steel, jindal steel, hindalco are looking like ready to rally in next week.

tata steel has made a perfect three white soldiers pattern.

and when steel stocks rally, inr appreciates and nrmlly market also goes up.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #163   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam: SBI ke aas/ paas:
When does KFA stop being shaky asset and become gangrene? Biggest loss was in last quarter with no income only bleeding! Drunkard boss+ son have no idea except for calendar girls contest, F1 racing and daily booze/ go-go parties at Bangalore farm house (like Burlesque-oni!) What does the write off of Rs 5000 cr do to SBI books???? And if Big Boss stumbles what of Chiddu's Rs 30000 cr disinvestment drive?
If Chiddu is smart then he will arrange for Rs 1000 cr or so blood transfusion to keep KFA 'nearly-murdha' alive till March 2013!
At the moment, I am happily shorting shares I own and leaving NF to experts like you, Umesh and JT!!!
Prakash Holla

Last edited by pkholla on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #164   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
steel stocks, particular tata steel, jindal steel, hindalco are looking like ready to rally in next week.

tata steel has made a perfect three white soldiers pattern.

and when steel stocks rally, inr appreciates and nrmlly market also goes up.

Yes, you're right Apka.....metal stocks are around some key levels...but I'm not sure if its an opportunity to go LONG or SHORT.....anyway, these are good trading opportunities for both bulls or bears.....I feel...For the bulls, the stocks can be bought if it breaks above their recent highs which are not so far....at the same time, the bears can look for selling the stocks as the stoploss is pretty close.....

NOTE: Metal stocks are normally associated with the global market sentiments....a good breakout in the metals could indicate revival in the global markets....but one should be cautious of whipsaws... Smile
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #165   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkholla wrote:
Sam: SBI ke aas/ paas:
When does KFA stop being shaky asset and become gangrene? Biggest loss was in last quarter with no income only bleeding! Drunkard boss+ son have no idea except for calendar girls contest, F1 racing and daily booze/ go-go parties at Bangalore farm house (like Burlesque-oni!) What does the write off of Rs 5000 cr do to SBI books???? And if Big Boss stumbles what of Chiddu's Rs 30000 cr disinvestment drive?
If Chiddu is smart then he will arrange for Rs 1000 cr or so blood transfusion to keep KFA 'nearly-murdha' alive till March 2013!
At the moment, I am happily shorting shares I own and leaving NF to experts like you, Umesh and JT!!!
Prakash Holla

Prakash,

As per my understanding, Mr Mallya and UB group has given lot of assets like shares and all as securities while securing the loans for KFA...so, there is nothing to be worried off for the banks, I feel....I'm not completely sure about the situation though.....I have also read somewhere that some banks have already sold the liability to some other person....when somebody(I dont remember who that person or firm is) buys the liability, he must be feeling pretty secure about them right?

It was Srei Infra's debt fund which bought the liability from ICICI Bank....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 11 of 52

Jump to: