Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NIFTY VIEW - November
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author NIFTY VIEW - November
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #61   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taxmann50 wrote:
Samji any chance of big gapups tomorrow? if you think there is some chances then shall i square of half my Nifty shorts at EOD today or shall I wait for tomorrow?

cant rule out a gap-up or gap-down opening tomorrow, Taxman....chances of a BIG gap-up of gap-down is pretty less.....but if you're not comfortable at the closing, then think about covering partially if you're holding Nifty FUTURE shorts.....but if you're holding PUTs, then the loss will be minimal, I feel...so, can hold them.....dont expect any knee-jerk reaction tomorrow...but we could get some clear moves, rather than a range-bound, from tomorrow onwards, I feel.... Smile

NOTE: If the market doesn't break above 5725-5730 range, then I'll be holding my SHORTs...but if broken, I'll exit them...and then will buy PUTs as the risk will be limited and less...
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #62   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rakpeds wrote:
psalm wrote:
rakpeds wrote:
psalm wrote:
rakpeds wrote:
results on our morning... USA night...
man.. come on ... what a range../. what a range ... since last one month its the case

All the results wont be out by morning.....result will start coming from morning onwards.....there are a few time zones in the U.S...so, the polling time will differ as well....the counting will start once the polling is over......so, one by one, it will take some time, I feel....may be by evening we'll be able to have some understanding.....I dont remember how it happened last time....anyway, you wont get the complete result by morning for sure...cos, when polling under way in some states, counting might have started in other states....

oh so again tmrw a ranged session... Sad... and any idea sam bro why all Option price increasing... call put ... otm itm atm all are increasing...

Its because of the risks option writers have to take while writing CALLs or PUTs.....they'll demand more premium in these kinda scenarios where the risk is pretty high....once the results are out, the market could give a clear direction...at that time, the risks will come down for the writers....and hence the premiums as well....

NOTE: This is what Vinay earlier mentioned as 'eating the premium".... Laughing

so means lets say if we write both 5700 CE and PE .... the risk reward is higher ????

You'll get more premium during these RISKY times.....if you're writing option....however, you SHOULD have a clear idea about the risks you're taking.....otherwise, these option writing can cost you dearly.....so, think not twice, but 10 times before writing options.....its extremely risky.... Rolling Eyes
stevenmat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #63   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
rakpeds wrote:
psalm wrote:
rakpeds wrote:
psalm wrote:
rakpeds wrote:
results on our morning... USA night...
man.. come on ... what a range../. what a range ... since last one month its the case

All the results wont be out by morning.....result will start coming from morning onwards.....there are a few time zones in the U.S...so, the polling time will differ as well....the counting will start once the polling is over......so, one by one, it will take some time, I feel....may be by evening we'll be able to have some understanding.....I dont remember how it happened last time....anyway, you wont get the complete result by morning for sure...cos, when polling under way in some states, counting might have started in other states....

oh so again tmrw a ranged session... Sad... and any idea sam bro why all Option price increasing... call put ... otm itm atm all are increasing...

Its because of the risks option writers have to take while writing CALLs or PUTs.....they'll demand more premium in these kinda scenarios where the risk is pretty high....once the results are out, the market could give a clear direction...at that time, the risks will come down for the writers....and hence the premiums as well....

NOTE: This is what Vinay earlier mentioned as 'eating the premium".... Laughing

so means lets say if we write both 5700 CE and PE .... the risk reward is higher ????

You'll get more premium during these RISKY times.....if you're writing option....however, you SHOULD have a clear idea about the risks you're taking.....otherwise, these option writing can cost you dearly.....so, think not twice, but 10 times before writing options.....its extremely risky.... Rolling Eyes

But in a a market which moves side ways isnt it better to write options ( i understand the risk you're talking about)..but for a month like October..it was easy to sell 200 points OTM calls and puts...right?
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #64   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dance karo range tooti
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #65   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
dance karo range tooti

LIC buying Rolling Eyes ?
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #66   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taxmann50 wrote:
apka wrote:
dance karo range tooti

LIC buying Rolling Eyes ?

maybe. slow buying, very low volumes.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #67   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiddu has his way. Disinvestment process can begin. And I can at least dream of emptying my recycle bin (bought around 5900-6200). 3 cheers for Chiddu. Prakash Holla
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #68   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now 5730 at the fag end of the day does give some doubt of squaring off the shorts or not.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #69   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taxmann, I feel you should buy ce also as hedge if you are worried but should not square off all pe. My honest opinion
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #70   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
taxmann, I feel you should buy ce also as hedge if you are worried but should not square off all pe. My honest opinion

No i am not squaring
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #71   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taxmann50 wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

No i am not squaring

Yup...thought about squaring it....but didn't do...let's see...
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #72   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closed below 5725.... Rolling Eyes ...its still anybody's guess....but breaking above 5730, even for a moment, is showing upward bias...it could be a trap....let's see what happens tomorrow.... Very Happy
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #73   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping that this is a bull trap but I could be horribly wrong. I am thinking of a SL of about 5783 or 5797NF on 5tf close
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #74   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
I am hoping that this is a bull trap but I could be horribly wrong. I am thinking of a SL of about 5783 or 5797NF on 5tf close

why u dont want ur 6000ce to rise? Neutral
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #75   PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because I am hoping for NF to first come down such that values of 5900/6000ce are 10/5 and then rise. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 5 of 52

Jump to: