Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 387, 388, 389  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #106   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Nifty Outlook Reply with quote

Hi,

Nifty is showing good strength today. This move was not completely unexpected. The challenge is now ahead for the market. The first hurdle will be to cross the 4745-4785 level. I'll be really surprised if Nifty will be able to cross this region so easily. I expect a lot of supply in that region. So, I believe that its an area for positional SHORTs or Positional PUTs. One can buy Nifty PUTs or SELL Nifty in that area. For the traders holding LONG positions, this will be the area to exit, I feel. For all the positional SHORTs, they can hold it with a StopLoss just above 4800. All the levels mentioned here are NIFTY SPOT levels. These SHORT positions can be hold until 4450-4400 levels are reached.

Today and Tomorrow morning will offer exit opportunities for the Bulls, I believe. I have a feeling that tomorrow morning, we might break Today's High. However, that will end this short term pullback, I feel. So, if someone is skeptical about holding a position for tomorrow, there will be another opportunity tomorrow. This is what I believe. In fact, this is my personal view. Please don't get panic reading this. This opinion might prove wrong tomorrow evening. So, be careful. I'm just expressing my opinion about the market and its future course.

Happy Trades!!!! thumbup1
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #107   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think tmrw and day after it will be down
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #108   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

I expect a red candle tomorrow in nifty. I have a gut feeling that during tomorrows trade, we might break the high made today. But that might be the Short term Top for the market. Rolling Eyes
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #109   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

I expect a red candle tomorrow in nifty. I have a gut feeling that during tomorrows trade, we might break the high made today. But that might be the Short term Top for the market. Rolling Eyes

Consider this .... you get the same predictive ability if u toss a coin . Try it .
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #110   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Tossing and Predicting Reply with quote

AJAYHKAUL wrote:
psalm wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

Consider this .... you get the same predictive ability if u toss a coin . Try it .

I dont support that view Ajay....consider this case also, you have tossed a coin 10 times and out of 10, you are getting head 9 times.....then suppose you are tossing the coin again for a 11th time.... what would be your call? Head or Tail????...My call would be Tail.....It is more probable even though both Head and Tail has equal chance....ie, 1/2 each...... but as per your suggestion, you wont be able to take a call, cos both these have the same probability.
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #111   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm .... you would call tails on the 11th because YOU( and the charts) remember what happened in the last 10 calls !

The COIN( or the market) does not remember the last toss! This is important because the possibility of the next toss being head or tail is still 50/50.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #112   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Mark Twain

Unfortunately, I believe in Statistics.... Wink
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #113   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes psalm ....It all boils down to beliefs finally.

BTW .... coin toss is statistics( see chapter on probabilities).
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #114   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Nifty update Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
Hi,

Nifty is showing good strength today. This move was not completely unexpected. The challenge is now ahead for the market. The first hurdle will be to cross the 4745-4785 level. I'll be really surprised if Nifty will be able to cross this region so easily. I expect a lot of supply in that region. So, I believe that its an area for positional SHORTs or Positional PUTs. One can buy Nifty PUTs or SELL Nifty in that area. For the traders holding LONG positions, this will be the area to exit, I feel. For all the positional SHORTs, they can hold it with a StopLoss just above 4800. All the levels mentioned here are NIFTY SPOT levels. These SHORT positions can be hold until 4450-4400 levels are reached.

Today and Tomorrow morning will offer exit opportunities for the Bulls, I believe. I have a feeling that tomorrow morning, we might break Today's High. However, that will end this short term pullback, I feel. So, if someone is skeptical about holding a position for tomorrow, there will be another opportunity tomorrow. This is what I believe. In fact, this is my personal view. Please don't get panic reading this. This opinion might prove wrong tomorrow evening. So, be careful. I'm just expressing my opinion about the market and its future course.

Happy Trades!!!! thumbup1

I have initiated a few NIFTY shorts. However, I feel that there will be a break of today's High.....even tomorrow morning itself. That will be perfect time to go short....I'll be shorting again, if the market goes up tomorrow.....My stop-loss will be just above 4800 (spot level).
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #115   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: heads and tails Reply with quote

AJAYHKAUL wrote:

i was mentioning about the results...."""Statistics of the results"""...dont you think you can associate statistics with the "results of Coin tosses"??

not the micro picture...but macro... Smile
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #116   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Mark Twain

Unfortunately, I believe in Statistics.... Wink

24 24 24
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #117   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angel angel angel
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #118   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: check the link please Reply with quote

AJAYHKAUL wrote:

The following link illustrates the idea better, ajay....check that link...

http://ask.metafilter.com/80046/Coin-flip-odds
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #119   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really ?? Laughing everyone seems to be confused on that link !

Anyways .... my purpose is only to highlight the fact that the next tick on your chart is same as a coin toss or a coin flip .

Making a prediction tends to bias us and hold our positions (esp when wrong ) longer ie it has a psychological impact .

I wrote this since you mentioned 'gut feel' .

The big picture is that now it is the earnings season and traders are being set up for that .

Insiders and others are taking positions in anticipation , so expect bullishness till some bad results are announced or till the 10th of JAN or so.

What say ?
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #120   PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

""Anyways .... my purpose is only to highlight the fact that the next tick on your chart is same as a coin toss or a coin flip. I wrote this since you mentioned 'gut feel'. ""

Do you believe in the following?

Technical Analysis is the forecasting of future financial price movements based on an examination of past price movements. Like weather forecasting, technical analysis does not result in absolute predictions about the future. Instead, technical analysis can help investors anticipate what is "likely" to happen to prices over time (I have used the term "gut feeling" only in that sense. My gut feeling comes from my analysis). Technical analysts believe that the current price fully reflects all information. Because all information is already reflected in the price, it represents the fair value, and should form the basis for analysis.Technical analysis utilizes the information captured by the price to interpret what the market is saying with the purpose of forming a view on the future. One way of viewing it is that markets may witness extended periods of random fluctuation, interspersed with shorter periods of nonrandom behavior. The goal of the chartist is to identify those periods, ie identifying the major trends.

Ajay, you have mentioned in one of your previous post that you yourself are a technical analyst. If you believe in technical analysis, how can you compare "tossing a coin" to "predicting tomorrow's market move"? By doing so, you are questioning the very basics of the technical analysis.

Making a prediction tends to bias us and hold our positions (esp when wrong ) longer ie it has a psychological impact .

I agree with this view to a certain extend. However, you must remember that the above comment is also a prediction. How do you come to a conclusion that this is correct?? Can you consider this as a fact??......Are you sure about this?...

"" The big picture is that now it is the earnings season and traders are being set up for that . Insiders and others are taking positions in anticipation , so expect bullishness till some bad results are announced or till the 10th of JAN or so.""

Unfortunately, I couldn't find this information from my charts. Thats why I was maintaining my overall bearish view about our markets. By the way, from where did you get this BIG PICTURE? Are you sure about that??...or is it your "gut feeling"????

hahaha....I have written all these things just to indicate that if somebody wants just an argument, it is very easy. Even without facts, one can argue. Laughing

Note: I appreciate your comments. I really mean it. surrender
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 387, 388, 389  Next
Page 8 of 389

Jump to: