Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 387, 388, 389  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #31   PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one psalm... keep posting
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #32   PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajay, I too dream! Smile

But yes, you are right. No wild dreams.
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #33   PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

News driven markets ....21.12.2011....U.S. stocks are modestly lower ahead of the bell, despite data showing record lending by the European Central Bank (ECB). Earlier, futures were pointed higher on news that the ECB loaned 489 billion euros to 523 banks for an average of three years, marking the central bank's heftiest infusion of credit in the history of the euro zone. However, a lackluster earnings showing from tech titan Oracle (ORCL) is helping to rain on the bulls' parade, with the major market indexes set to pare a portion of yesterday's advance.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #34   PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Existing Home Sales Data Reply with quote

U.S. Existing Home Sales Data will be coming at 8.30....That also will influence the trading floor. Investors will be hoping that they show similar growth to the Starts and Permits figures announced yesterday.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #35   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Nifty Outlook Reply with quote

U.S. indices ended just flat. Asian Markets are flat to negative following a similar trend overnight in US. SGX Nifty futures are down 40 points at 4,681, indicating a negative opening in the domestic market. The levels, 4635-4625 area will provide the support for the market. At the same time, 4713 and 4770 will offer resistance for the day.

Even after the Pullback rally yesterday, I feel that the safest way to trade in this market is it to go SHORT as the overall trend is still DOWN. Lots and Lots of Shorting opportunities are out there. At the same time, one cant rule out any short term trend reversal. However, I couldn't find enough things to validate that view. That's the reason why I still want to be a seller, rather than a buyer. You people, might not agree with me...Let's see how the market pans out today. I expect volatile moves.

Happy Trades!!!!!!!
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #36   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least for today, be careful about your SL on your shorts, psalm if you are worried that a reversal may be on but are not sure about it.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #37   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Vinay....I'll cut my Shorts if i feel that there is a trend reversal happening. I have a 4715 stop-loss (Spot level). Though there is another resistance around 4760/70, i wont be waiting for that....I'll cut my shorts if 4715 (spot) is broken today.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #38   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SL got triggered with my Nifty SHORTs. Hope you LONG guys had a good day.....It was a wonderful bounce back from the support... Smile
ktpillai
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #39   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
SL got triggered with my Nifty SHORTs. Hope you LONG guys had a good day.....It was a wonderful bounce back from the support... Smile
I think the reflex point is 4677The sl should be arond this point and you should have reversed the trade. to avoid loss
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #40   PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SL was modified to 4680 once the market touched my support levels. So, i didn't have any loss from the trade. By the way, I was not interested in opening a LONG. I'll be thinking about shorting the market next week. If i'm shorting the market tomorrow, I'll have to carry it for the next week. Thats y i'm eyeing next week.

" I'm still very much a BEAR....." Laughing
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #41   PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
Yes, Vinay....I'll cut my Shorts if i feel that there is a trend reversal happening. I have a 4715 stop-loss (Spot level). Though there is another resistance around 4760/70, i wont be waiting for that....I'll cut my shorts if 4715 (spot) is broken today.

Now, I feel like... i should have waited for 4760-70 levels to exit the shorts!!! Very Happy ...The market came down twice while trying to clear this area. However, the overall mood in the market is not DOWN yet. Unless that changes, one shouldn't sell NIFTY, i guess. For positional traders, these pullbacks are opportunities to add more SHORT positions. If 4760/70 is broken, one can expect the Nifty at around 4830 levels. However, if it goes down, more and more people will start taking profits. This will push the market down again. It's a Wait and Watch game as of now. Let's see...

Last edited by psalm on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #42   PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

may be you will get the chance to short today
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #43   PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont be shorting NIFTY today cos I don't want to hold the SHORTs during this weekend. However, I have a few positional PUTs with me. Also, I have shorted a few stocks. That's enough for the day, I guess..... Smile
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #44   PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
I wont be shorting NIFTY today cos I don't want to hold the SHORTs during this weekend. However, I have a few positional PUTs with me. Also, I have shorted a few stocks. That's enough for the day, I guess..... Smile

yeah good position... why ruin your weekend ? Laughing
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #45   PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajay,

I'm SHORT of ideas today, regarding Nifty....That's the reason why i have decided against having any positions.....By the way, its always good not to have any positions.....LOL...

The days of Bears might be numbered. But, at least for another month from here, BULLS BETTER HIDE.... 24
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 387, 388, 389  Next
Page 3 of 389

Jump to: