Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 387, 388, 389  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #406   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJAYHKAUL wrote:
psalm wrote:
AJAYHKAUL wrote:
AJAYHKAUL wrote:
At the moment psalm looks like we could see 5130- 5180 -5230 - 5280 . And beyond 5280 is another story ...but we await the market move in the stated order.

Government just changed some norms on IPOs.... so they know its time for IPOs to raise money from the public. Again, the PSU disinvestment plans may be revived. For all this to happen , the ducks have to come home and that can happen only if the liquidity sloshes around our market and things start to bubble....

5177 TODAY?

Ajay,

By the end of the day, you might see a lot of inverted hammers in charts, I guess.... Laughing ....Let's see... angel

we did 5130-5180 w/o any sweat.... and today they seem to have loaded more ammo to go further...

Could be true. But as per my strategy and trade setup, nothing has changed yet as the Stoploss for my positional trades is 5231. I'm still accumulating PUTs. May be I might get stopped out, but that's part of the game. I feel that today and Monday are very important as far as the market direction is concerned. I still feel that the market will go down from here. But if the market breaks out 5231, then I'll wait for any direction....Maybe I'll wait till 5400 to be crossed to have a bullish view. Fingers crossed.

Regards,

Sam
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #407   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Bank Nifty Reply with quote

BankNifty:

Looks like BankNifty has topped out. If so, one can look for a target 9400 and then 9100. Ultimately, one will be able to see the BankNifty around 8300-8400 levels, I guess.

Regards,

Sam
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #408   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rupee hit 2 1/2 months high.It indicates.... Fund flow inwards is strong....take care!
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #409   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Market is too strong to short at this moment Reply with quote

Looking at the way NF recovered and broke its morning high it will be quite insane to go short. 5250-5350 seems to be on as FII is very strong with only buy sentiment. I track USD/INR and my assessment is that till 48-48.50/USD the inflow will be strong. That will happen quickly I believe.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #410   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Nifty Reply with quote

Yup......i'm cautious too.... Smile
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #411   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam, nifty failed to cross 5170 many times in the past. today it is behaving as if 5170 is the bottom and it is in a mood to bulldoze past all resistances.

I too feel though that we are close to an end of this rally, at least for a few days.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #412   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"today it is behaving as if 5170 is the bottom"

Laughing

This is the classic example of... Prior resistance become support and vice versa.
SP50
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #413   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a high volatility to mark the end of the upside rally. Europe / IMF is printing EUROs at the moment. Our market or markets anywhere is defying technicalities at the moment. I think on monday we will see a open around 5250.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #414   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taxmann50 wrote:
We need a high volatility to mark the end of the upside rally. Europe / IMF is printing EUROs at the moment. Our market or markets anywhere is defying technicalities at the moment. I think on monday we will see a open around 5250.

You are right at the point Taxmann!
ajayhkaul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #415   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I notice that number of bullish people is increasing ?

Just keeping score , guys ......meanwhile dont forget to check your own self in the mirror ie the price/emotion chart posted in my thread.....You will be able to tell yourself when it is peaking time...
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #416   PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Laughing
acharyams
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #417   PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Nifty Put Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
NIFTY PUTs:

One can buy the NIFTY 5000 PUTs around 48 with stoploss just below 40 for a target of 120. I expect the target to be reached on or before Wednesday.

is your stop loss on eod basis?
prabhu.f12
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #418   PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nifty is at 200 sma. will it be a resistence
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #419   PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Nifty Put Reply with quote

acharyams wrote:
psalm wrote:
NIFTY PUTs:

One can buy the NIFTY 5000 PUTs around 48 with stoploss just below 40 for a target of 120. I expect the target to be reached on or before Wednesday.

is your stop loss on eod basis?

Hi Acharyams,

When I have made that call yesterda, it was not an EOD call. However, the market didn't close above the 200-day SMA, which is around 5205 now. Also, importantly, the market has made a HANGING MAN candlestick at the top yesterday. Normally, it is considered as a bearish signal. To confirm the bearishness, one will have to wait for the next candle. So, only for Monday, wait for the candle to close. If the candle is a Red/Black one or even any other bearish candle, then you can consider it as "pause in upmove", or even a trend reversal. However, if the HANGING MAN candle is not supported by monday's candle, then you dont have to follow it on an EOD basis.

Regards,

Sam
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #420   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Market Outlook Reply with quote

Hi All,

Our markets have been going up for the last few weeks after hitting a low of 4531. We have witnessed a lot of FII inflows in the last few days. I dont have any clear idea about why the inflows were higher or if it will continue to be like that. I'm not a fundamental analyst to review these things. The picture I have is the chart of our market. The chart says that its not the time to invest. You may not have to sell, but surely, this is not the time to buy. We have been in a DOWN-TREND for the last one year. From January 2011, we have been bouncing back from the downward sloping Trendline. The other important resistance for the market was its 200-day SMA. The markets couldn't break or close above the 200-day SMA in the last two prominent swings. But what is happening now? The markets have broken the 200-day SMA yesterday in the morning itself. Its a good sign. But what is more significant here are the following things. Check them out:

1. The market has closed JUST below the 200-day SMA though it had broken the levels in the morning itself.

2. The indicators are showing huge overbought situation.

3. The index of the market volatility and fear, INDIA VIX, has started moving up after hitting the support (20.80-20.90 is the support). If it is so, India Vix will be making a double bottom.

4. The market has formed a HANGING MAN candle at the top yesterday. Though you cant term this candle completely bearish, it will prove to be bearish if the candle formed on Monday supports it (a red/black candle or a lower close than Friday).

5. The other popular index, SENSEX has not even broken the 200-day EMA.

6. Major contributor of this Up-move, the banks have shown tiredness yesterday after a long time. The BankNifty has bounced back from around 9950(just near the 200-day SMA) levels as expected.

7. Another leader of this rally has been Reliance. But reliance may not be moving further as its result was a lackluster one and the buyback price wont exceed 870. So if the stock moves up by another 3 or 4% from here, you could see profit booking. (I dont expect the stock to cross 850-860 levels easily)

8. Global Indices have hit their expected targets and are witnessing profit booking. The U.S. Markets have seen the indices going down for the second consecutive day. 5 to 6% correction looks very much possible.

9. The global scenario is not at all improving. In fact, it has gone worse from a few weeks ago. It is almost certain that Greece will default in March when their bonds mature. Portugal is said to have more debt than Greece. Though they were able to sell the bonds, the situation of both Italy and Spain are not different from Greece or Portugal.

10. The exuberance generated by the RBI move has already been factored in.

11. The analysts are expecting significant downgrades in the earnings as far as the next 2 quarters are concerned.

12. Above all, more and more people are getting optimistic about the markets (not much about the economy). Even those people who were ardent supporters of a correction are a bit skeptical now because of this Up-move (this is the biggest swing in percentage terms).

Having said all these negative things consider the following things as well.

Is it not possible for the market to go up from here? If the liquidity is maintained, then is it not possible for the markets to break the long-term resistances? If the market gives positive returns over a LONG period, can we invest the money now?

It is possible that the market might go up from here. If the liquidity is maintained, if more and more inflow is there, then market will maintain momentum no matter how overbought we are. However, as per the current trend, there is every chance of the market going down from here. Suppose if the market breaks 5300-5350 levels, then there will be confirmation that the trend which started from January 2011 is over, at least for the time being. Then why should one(long term or short term investor) risk his/her money now? Isn't it wise to wait for the breakout and then put the money?

For people looking to enter the markets, my suggestion is to wait for a bit more. Wait for the markets to breakout. The levels are not very far from here. Suppose you have invested now and then the markets resuming the correction then you'll be stuck with ur positions. However, if you wait for the markets to break free and then invest, then you will be losing just another 100 points. But by doing so, you are protecting your investment. Think twice, before putting your hard-earned money somewhere. As far as SHORTING is concerned, its up to you to decide if you want short the market, to hold onto your SHORTs or even to get out.

!!!!!Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up - Thomas Alva Edison!!!!!!

Note: This is just my opinion. I just wanted you to consider all these things before making any investment decision. Please make sure that you yourself have analyzed both fundamental and technical factors before coming to any conclusion.

Regards,

Sam

Last edited by psalm on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 387, 388, 389  Next
Page 28 of 389

Jump to: