Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 387, 388, 389  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View
ragarwal
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #421   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx sam fr ur genuine advice.
warm regds rashmi
btw i wanted to know if u could answer my query on silver i hv a short in it,wats d prognosis going forward,plz c it if its not too cumbersome
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #422   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragarwal wrote:
warm regds rashmi
btw i wanted to know if u could answer my query on silver i hv a short in it,wats d prognosis going forward,plz c it if its not too cumbersome

When you went short Rashmi?
ragarwal
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #423   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

55600,rk
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #424   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rashmi

The long term view on silver is extremely Bullish due to enormous paper supply from US and Europe.Having said that the short term need not be necessarily so.

Giving extracts of an analyst “George Albert” for your reference. It might be useful for you in your trade. And also posting the chart in US $ .You may convert it in to Indian Rupees.

“The price of the white metal is nearing a previous turning point between $35 and $36, as shown by the white lines on the chart. Silver closed on Friday, 27 January, at $33.91 and it would be prudent for traders who are long on the white metal to book profits on a part of their positions. We would exit all our silver positions at the $35 level, as there is a high likelihood that prices will fall from that level. Aggressive traders can sell the white metal short anywhere between $35 and $36.

There is also the indicator, the Commodity Channel Index (CCI), which is showing weakness in the uptrend. Notice that while prices are going up the CCI is falling. This shows that the trend is weakening. However, prices can continue to rise for some time while the CCI continues to drop.

For people using the indicator, they’d short silver once the CCI falls below 100. It’s right now at 135. However, the best time to short is when the white metal is between $35 and $36 and the CCI falls below 100. However, if silver closes above $36, we’d give up our bearish bias.”
ragarwal
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #425   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx rk fr d concern will keep a watch over it,but im thinking of getting out tom morning.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #426   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Silver Reply with quote

ragarwal wrote:
warm regds rashmi

Sorry Rashmi for the delay in replyin to ur message....I saw your message on silver very late.....Anyway, you had asked me earlier about commodities....i have told you at that time that, i dont track commodities....I think you remember that.....One have to be familiar to have an opinion.....since i dont trade in commodities, I didn't want to give you any opinion....By the way, if you just want me to check chart, then I'll do that....that will be like a machine.... Laughing ...do u want that?....if so, I can check the chart and give you the levels I see there.....

Regards,

Sam
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #427   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold and silver should start going up from Feb 7.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #428   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Gold and silver should start going up from Feb 7.

do you have any suggestion regarding the trade Rashmi is in, Vinay??....should she wait or get out???...
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #429   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that markets (equity and commodities) will be volatile from 30th to 2nd. Then, equity markets should go up from 3rd feb to 7th (at the most 10th) and hence I feel gold and silver should go in opposite direction.

This is what I feel and I could be wrong. But, still, rashmi should keep a SL and carry her trade for a few days instead of panicking. If you can give her a suitable SL, nothing like it.
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #430   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinay
My general observation is most of the times your predictions are right. I could be wrong also Wink.

What is your own assessment on it in % terms? Which tools are you using for arriving conclusions?.
ragarwal
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #431   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx all ,Vinay,Rk and Sam fr taking up my problem so genuinely.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #432   PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK, to be serious, my own experience over the years is that sometimes I am deadly accurate and sometimes exactly opposite. The latter only tells me that I read the situation completely wrongly. I prefer my prediction going totally opposite rather than just wrong, which is fortunately rare and I happy for that. But then giving % success ratio becomes difficult.

Tools? Well, I saw on charts on friday what sam and others have posted today and yesterday. But I am not good at all in TA, FA and SA. So, I started lately to concentrate on the common factor in them and that is "A". Smile

I have been using it for many years (and hence my first statement above)but I wasn't in the market on regular basis then, being very busy with my profession. You will recall what I had posted about market (i think on one of veerappan's as well as on other threads and on which ajay had also commented) in end Dec. (You and sam had said that you don't believe in "A") On similar basis, I feel we may have trouble from 7th (or 9th) Feb. This helps in making me cautious no matter what TA says because sudden events can not be foretold by TA. Even FA can only sound caution based on scheduled events. SA is a diferent ball game altogether.

Now I wait to see whether I am right.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #433   PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had a 700 points rise so far. The last time we had it was when nifty went to 5400. So expect significant resistance here. Best to cover your long position. I am not suggesting positional shorts though as yet.
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #434   PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
We have had a 700 points rise so far. The last time we had it was when nifty went to 5400. So expect significant resistance here. Best to cover your long position. I am not suggesting positional shorts though as yet.

Absolutely true, vinay.....I agree with you completely...

be safe first....think about the potential loss first, before counting the profits (VEERU THOUGHTS).... Laughing
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #435   PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Nifty Levels Reply with quote

Hi All,

The market is poised to open down. The support for the day exists in the range 5130-5140 and the resistance will be in the range 5200-5210. Break of the upper band will push the market towards 5235 levels while a break of lower bands will push it down towards 5080 levels. Be safe always. Trade with stoplosses. Happy Trading!!!!

Regards,

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 387, 388, 389  Next
Page 29 of 389

Jump to: