Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty View
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 370, 371, 372 ... 387, 388, 389  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty View
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5551   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psalm wrote:
Agree with you Apka....if you look at historical values of VIX, you can see that it has made similar readings around the period september-october 2010. Subsequently market topped out on November 5th of that year. So, what will happen this year? Will history repeat itself??? Interestingly, we have the U.S. election happening around that time as well (6th Nov). So, interesting periods ahead.

i guess voting will go on for a month atleast and results would be announced somewhere before christmas?
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5552   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
psalm wrote:
Agree with you Apka....if you look at historical values of VIX, you can see that it has made similar readings around the period september-october 2010. Subsequently market topped out on November 5th of that year. So, what will happen this year? Will history repeat itself??? Interestingly, we have the U.S. election happening around that time as well (6th Nov). So, interesting periods ahead.

i guess voting will go on for a month atleast and results would be announced somewhere before christmas?

Actually, the voting and then the counting will be happening on 6th of November. Having said that in some states, voting begins much earlier. I saw some report of Michel Obama announcing that she has already cast her vote..or something like that.....there is another interesting thing is that almost one third of the electorate will cast their votes before the election day.....Even if the election result will be out on 6th....the new or the existing president will assume the office only around January 20, I feel.....
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5553   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you back Sam. Laughing
rakpeds
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5554   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam sir... welcome back... hope all is well bro
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5555   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rakpeds wrote:
sam sir... welcome back... hope all is well bro

Yup...all izz well... Very Happy
psalm
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5556   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk_a2003 wrote:
Glad to see you back Sam. Laughing

Me too RK....glad to be back here..... Very Happy
pkveenu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5557   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: nifty view Reply with quote

hey i just saw your post

its you sam

great to have you back here on your thread

without you this thread was as without the bone

all the best for your puts position

i will seek your views on specific stock in your othr thread

regards
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5558   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...... without you this thread was as without the bone"

Who wants the bone? We all need the meat! 24 24
pkveenu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5559   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

Confused
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5560   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkveenu wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

Confused

LOL
pkveenu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #5561   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apka wrote:
pkveenu wrote:
vinay28 wrote:

Confused

LOL

apka

i really enjoy the meat with bone only

Bone = Sam
Meat = Thread without Sam

both are important

regards
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5562   PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge yourself. Similar triangles visible on daily and weekly charts also
apka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5563   PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Judge yourself. Similar triangles visible on daily and weekly charts also

1 more day maybe before breakout breakdown, will happen on tuesday or on expiry. 2guns
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5564   PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my two bit worth on it.

Triangle base at 5635 and appex at 5815. Theoretical moves upon BO/BD are about 65-80% of 180.

It appears that it has actually broken out but appearances can be deceptive, particularly noting that Monday can open gap down.

Also, the right half contains a DT, which should normally break down but the last peak was higher and hence the hope for a BO though it can be a false one e.g. if it now crosses and remains below 5635 for an hour, break down can be sharp. Generally, volume falls quite low just before the BO. Volume has indeed fallen in last few days but I am not sure what will finally happen.

This month is significant in the sense that it is 48 months from the lows of the fall in 2008 and also we have had a year-high at 5815 this month followed by the freak trade low this month, so topping out seems in place.

Daily candle is an inside bar while weekly is a doji. Also, daily chart seems to have a rounding bottom while weekly chart seems to have rounding top. Movements below 5630 and above 5730 can be vicious and violent. I won't be surprised to see a 200 point movement on some day in coming week. Month of oct has traditionally shown at least two days of 130-190 point moves. Barring freak trade on 5th Oct, we haven't seen any this month so far.

I feel market will really try our patience coming week, not good for weak hearted.
chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #5565   PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:

And wht abt vegetarians Twisted Evil ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 370, 371, 372 ... 387, 388, 389  Next
Page 371 of 389

Jump to: