Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nifty-Weekly Candlestick analysis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Nifty-Weekly Candlestick analysis
anilsutarpune
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bharathi2005 wrote:
gm sir pls tell me NIfty is already @ 8805 so we can go for short? Thankyouv pls clear my dout

My personal trade will be buy on dips(meaning i will wait for intra day dips and if bottom is forming i will buy or i will sit out), if you want to trade with minor counter trend check your risk profile and risk/reward. Avoid short till key levels are broken.
Please remember to handle countertrend you must be super-professional-trader.
anilsutarpune
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Nifty-Weekly Candlestick analysis Reply with quote

Week Ending: -20-02-2015.
Candlestick Pattern on Weekly Chart: - Doji. Please note Doji Is not reversal signal. Doji means market is undecided.

Doji after big green candle means market is taking pause but also indicate that market is weak at the movement. I have highlighted previous such instances on chart which confirms this concept.

High of the two candles is now new resistance and price action at this point will decide future course of action. Similarly we need to look at support levels and watch price action at these levels. So essentially it means that next week's positions should be taken and managed with extra care.

Trend is still up but Doji has indicated weakness in the trend. So there is no long or short positions possible till key levels are tested again.

So for downside support is at 8710/8700, 8530 are two key levels. If market is holding these levels on closing basis may throw buying opportunity.
8910-15 is new resistance and if nifty fails at these levels short positions can be taken on intraday basis. Carrying short positions overnight should be avoided completely. Trend is still up.
Next resistance is 9000-05.

Important thing to note is nifty has failed at 9000 and reversed again from 8910 on intraday basis . This adds to weakness. Hence this week’s closing will be really important for long term investors.

My personal position will be ‘wait till the time trend is clear’. If at-all position taken it will be ½ of usual size.

Risk Advisory :- Invest based on your own analysis and own risk. This forum is only for discussion
anilsutarpune
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Nifty-Weekly Candlestick analysis Reply with quote

Week Ending: -28-02-2015.
Candlestick Pattern on Weekly Chart: - Hanging man. This week’s candlestick pattern almost qualifies to be called as hanging man. Hanging man is not very good top reversal pattern and works better if it is actually at the extreme top of the trend. So caution ahead for bulls, watch for bearish patterns.

Individual candlestick analysis:- This week’s candle has small body indicate that bulls have marginal upper hand. Candle also has very long lower shadow indicating bears tried to push the market very low but finally bulls have gained marginal control, small upper shadow indicate resistance to higher price. Above description is a reason as why hanging man is not very good top reversal signal.

Hanging man is considered bearish by some people because it is indicating bears have been forced out by bulls and they are standing out of market and that too at the top of the trend and if the market faces resistance at top level they may step-in with force.

Both above analysis suggest that we need to look at price action between 8950 and 9020. If there is resistance at this level and Nifty fails to stay above this level, Nifty may trade in boxed range between 9050-8650.

This week’s volume is very high. This is bit of warning to bulls. Price has moved marginally up and volume is very high, this is not bullish sign. But it is just a warning and is not indicating reversal, if we see further bearish candlestick pattern then it may lead to reversal.

So all above analysis is pointing out to one thing that is- caution. So unless previous highs are held and tested and held again, market still remains weak. Hence please watch out for false breakout. Possibility of false breakout is slightest elevated.

So everything is not negative. On upper side if Nifty is able to hold 9020 on closing basis and next few sessions we may see 250 point rally taking Nifty close to 9300.

Personally I will trade in the direction of long term trend (buy on dips and not on breakout) till 8700 is broken.

One extra day in week that too budget, doesn’t impact much as this is weekly chart and some weeks also have holidays.

Risk Advisory :- Invest based on your own analysis and own risk. This forum is only for discussion
neerav1234
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Nifty-Weekly Candlestick analysis Reply with quote

anilsutarpune wrote:
Week Ending: -28-02-2015.
Candlestick Pattern on Weekly Chart: - Hanging man. This week’s candlestick pattern almost qualifies to be called as hanging man. Hanging man is not very good top reversal pattern and works better if it is actually at the extreme top of the trend. So caution ahead for bulls, watch for bearish patterns.

Individual candlestick analysis:- This week’s candle has small body indicate that bulls have marginal upper hand. Candle also has very long lower shadow indicating bears tried to push the market very low but finally bulls have gained marginal control, small upper shadow indicate resistance to higher price. Above description is a reason as why hanging man is not very good top reversal signal.

Hanging man is considered bearish by some people because it is indicating bears have been forced out by bulls and they are standing out of market and that too at the top of the trend and if the market faces resistance at top level they may step-in with force.

Both above analysis suggest that we need to look at price action between 8950 and 9020. If there is resistance at this level and Nifty fails to stay above this level, Nifty may trade in boxed range between 9050-8650.

This week’s volume is very high. This is bit of warning to bulls. Price has moved marginally up and volume is very high, this is not bullish sign. But it is just a warning and is not indicating reversal, if we see further bearish candlestick pattern then it may lead to reversal.

So all above analysis is pointing out to one thing that is- caution. So unless previous highs are held and tested and held again, market still remains weak. Hence please watch out for false breakout. Possibility of false breakout is slightest elevated.

So everything is not negative. On upper side if Nifty is able to hold 9020 on closing basis and next few sessions we may see 250 point rally taking Nifty close to 9300.

Personally I will trade in the direction of long term trend (buy on dips and not on breakout) till 8700 is broken.

One extra day in week that too budget, doesn’t impact much as this is weekly chart and some weeks also have holidays.

thx for such detailed view...helpful
AMBY
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS FOR CLEAR GUIDANCE.
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice explanation and mindset ! Thanks
anilsutarpune
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Nifty-Weekly Candlestick analysis Reply with quote

Week Ending: -06-03-2015.
Candlestick Pattern on Weekly Chart: - Not a shooting star but almost there. Almost a Doji. Hence No Clear Pattern.
When there is no clear pattern analysis of individual candlestick helps to understand mood of market for completed session and also gives some hints about next session.

Individual candlestick:- This week’s candle has red small body indicating bears are marginally in control. Long upper shadow indicates resistance to higher prices and sellers are showing presence at higher price. The is bit of a smaller but significant lower shadow indicating that bull is active at lower price and is able to absorb selling pressure but has failed to win the session. This analysis sounds bit bearish.

Looking at volume: - Volume is relatively lower but slightly higher than normal. Compared to size of body of candle this volume is not indicating any end of selling pressure. Looks like some sellers are still waiting for the correct price to sell.

Overall picture:- This is third bearish sign in last few weeks at same level. We had shooting stat on 27/01, completion of evening star on 02/02 and now one more bearish signal at the same level. This makes overall picture little bearish in long-term bull market. So this is test of strength of bull!!!
If key levels are broken in coming week we may see a correction. This cluster of bearish signals has created a trading range and break on either side will decide the new trend.

Key levels: - 9010-9110 will act as strong resistance. If broken 9300 is target. 8750-8650 is strong support area. Close below this level can lead to some sort of correction.
Carrying overnight position is high risk proposition. It would be wise to sit outside till the range is broken. This trading range may give nice intraday opportunities.

My personal trade will be in the direction of long term trend (buy on dips and not on breakout)

AMBY
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Candlestick Pattern on Weekly Chart Reply with quote

it seems from your analysis and looking back weekly pattern on 27/01/201,
market may take dip up to 8670 and will take support at 50ema 8670.

I am just leaning from your analysis ,

thanks for your clear analysis.
YOU ARE AN artist
anilsutarpune
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Nifty-Weekly Candlestick analysis Reply with quote

Week Ending: -14-03-2015.
Candlestick Pattern on Weekly Chart: - There are multiple patterns. This week’s candle is called shaven head. Indicate one sided session. Bulls on holiday! Bears enjoying.
There are two more patterns this week.
Variation of Evening Star:- Classical evening star is three candle pattern. First candle being big green candle followed by a small green or red candle at the top and then pattern is completed by red candle closing below mid way of green candle.
The market psychology behind Evening star goes like this. Hyper active bull takes market to top-with force, creating green candle and gets tired, leading to small body candle at the top and then bears take away charge from tired bull leading to decline.
If you look at candle on 09-02 it is Big Green candle, followed by doji on 16th and then hanging man on 23rd and doji again on 02nd. All three candles have small bodies. And this week we have closing below mid point of green candle (09-02). This is completion of evening star in my opinion. We are having three small candles in between because we are in very strong bull market but the market psychology is still the same.
Second pattern is Falling of roof :- Doji on 02-03 managed to hold 8850 but this week we closed way below it. This is failure to hold previously tested support level at the top of the range. This is very bearish and usually leads to a sharp fall.
Individual candlestick:- This week’s candle has Large red body indicating bares were in control. No upper shadow indicate lack of efforts by bulls to hold or take market up. Small lower shadow is not indicating anything.
All above analysis sounds bearish. But let me remind you that ‘candlestick represents history' and we have to pick up hints for future. Hence analysis of entire chart is more important than analysis of closed candle/pattern.
Looking at volume: -Volume is above average but relative to size of body of previous many candles it is low. This indicate some anomaly pointing to weakening of current trend which is down. Force of fall may not be sustained in future.
Overall picture:-Over all picture looks bearish, as we have back to back bearish patterns. So time to look back a bit to have correct perspective as where we stand. This is very important in candle stick analysis.
Current up trend started when Nifty broke ascending triangle (8600 on 12-01), there was 500 point rally. In this rally Nifty tested 9050 then tested 8600 and again tested 9100 and now at 8650. So if nifty holds next key support which is at 8520 there is possibility that we may test 8900 again. If nifty is not able to hold 8520-8500 on closing basis the Nifty may fall to 8360-8330.
Key levels: - Support is at 8575/60 then at 8520/8500. Resistance at 8685 then at 8750.

Personally for me there is no Buy trade and I will not carry any overnight short position till 8520 is broken.

iakash
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing analysis Anil.... thumbup1 ... i am learning more on candlestick analysis through your thread than i have learned from any of the books i have read on this topic.... keep the good work Smile
ap00039
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: NIFTY FUTURE 16TH MARCH 2015 Reply with quote

NIFTY Hurdle @ 8763. Below 8650 NF will slide upto 8600–8550. NF will be Range 8500- 8800
[Content Removed by Admin]
anilsutarpune
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: NIFTY FUTURE 16TH MARCH 2015 Reply with quote

ap00039 wrote:
NIFTY Hurdle @ 8763. Below 8650 NF will slide upto 8600–8550. NF will be Range 8500- 8800

[Content Removed by Admin]/

How is this related to weekly analysis, please dont put your levels on this post. you can start another thred. Purpose of this thread is passon knowledge of reading candlestick.
ap00039
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: sorry sir ji, Reply with quote

sorry sir ji,
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: NIFTY FUTURE 16TH MARCH 2015 Reply with quote

ap00039 wrote:

[Content Removed by Admin]

ap00039. Anil is correct, please don't spoil his thread. BTW, icharts doesn't permit putting any link in posts.
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iakash wrote:
Amazing analysis Anil.... thumbup1 ... i am learning more on candlestick analysis through your thread than i have learned from any of the books i have read on this topic.... keep the good work Smile

For second time let me also complement Anil. There is lot to learn and for me more importantly he is giving trading direction and strategy is carefully balanced ( it is not just levels are given but how to keep a perspective as well)

I like his comment ( he shall not buy but shall not keep overnight short positions and volumes etc means lessr rate of fall)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: