Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'NINE'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 'NINE'
gudd007
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Delbert_Gann

Note that Gann's son said most of his claims were fraudulent.
rameshraja
Expert
Expert

Post: #17   PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mr Gudd

I totally disagree that with anyone who says W D Gann's claim of his methods as fradulent. Mr Gann was a successful Trader till such time his methods had worked well for him. History says he was the one, to have his own aircraft in those days and he owned lot of properties from the income of his trading.

The very sad part of Mr Gann's life is, his own methods derailed him in his trading and became poor in his wealth.

All said is done he was a great trader and was canny in projecting the time of reversal. His support and resistance level by various degrees is only Fibonacci absolute numbers which are derived from any fixed numerical number, but his timing is awesome in those days. He figured out when price meets the time, that was the point of reversal for market or for any asset class.

His theory of price meeting the time had worked well during those days, but now it has a huge draw down. The reason being, I assume, when a method is known to the world then it will not work in any financial market.
Recently, I have come across SBI and Reliance capital which gave buy as per his method, but didn't work.

I am of the opinion, no method will work successfully for ever and that too when it is known to the world. But at the same time, I don't like someone saying W D Gann's claim is fradulent.

Best wishes

C T RAMESH RAJA
gudd007
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirji,

You miss the small point yet you get the detail.

Its his own son who claims his father's methods were fraudulent.
ashublr
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Silent follower of GANN Reply with quote

Mr.Gudd,
First of all i think many people who dont know how to use his theories and concepts will say everything is wrong. Myself have been immensly benifitted by GANN'S methods and have been very sucessful in using his knowledge. Understanding what are his concepts and following it with dilligence will keep u profitable in any market. Hats off to him for what he has given, its great.

Warm Regards Very Happy ,
Prashanth
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #20   PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Agreed Reply with quote

No method is Holy grail. Mr. Jimmie, Mr. Gudd and Mr. Rameshraja, all of them need a Stop loss and it does get hit too.. As a matter of fact, if anything was perfect, None of the above three would be here.. Logically None.. All three would sit at home and earn for themselves.
I too agree on the fact that that if any method is known to the world, it wont work in markets. But still FORUMS and SHOUT BOXES will keep existing and people will TEACH methods on how to earn in Share Markets. Its the greatest IRONY, but one lives with it.
As for GANN, no comments.. i havent personally known him.. ( know one fact that he married a girl younger than his son. his third wife, that made his son go against him)...am just trying to learn his methods, not sure if it will work or not.
I have already said, every method seems to be working if u back test it on EOD charts.
Markets will always remain SUPREME, and no point in wasting time over whose methods works and which one dosent work. Lets come over it and get into TRADING. Lot to learn from this markets and at the same time u have to remember that if everyone knows what you have learnt, its useless. No point in teaching anyone anything then... people wont respect a teacher in Markets as one knows, he wont teach what works in this markets.

Regards,
jimmie
rameshraja
Expert
Expert

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mr Jimmie

If Gann methods work in market or not is upto each individual's study. To me, I have tested many charts of the stocks and Indicies and it didn't give satisfying results. I only see huge draw downs.

But at the same time, calling Mr Gann's Claim is fraudulent, I don't agree. He was a legendary trader, but it is too unfortunate that his own method had pulled him down.

I only took objection to the word "FRADULENT"

Regards

C T R
rameshraja
Expert
Expert

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One important aspect I want to share with you all about Gann's methods. Ms. Constance Brown who is a member of MTA , I understand from reading of many technical anlaysis books, has been too successful in using Gann's methods. She made a remark that world has missed a great link to his method, which is not purposefully revealed by Mr Gann was cracked by her.

In many interviews people have asked for the missing link to his method, but she refused to reveal till date. Ms Constance Brown's news letter is most sought by many traders and investors across the Globe, as she is accurate in predicting the likely bottoms and tops for many asset classes based on Gann theory. Infact, I was reading a book wherein it is mentioned that if her news letter is delayed by an hour, people become too crazy to know the reasons for the delay.

This is the information which I would like to share with you all.

Best wishes

C T R
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: NIFTY Reply with quote

NIFTY

Last edited by jimmie on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #24   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: SQUARING Reply with quote

We have seen a SQUARING of Price and Time In Nifty yesterday( 27/08 ).

THE closing price of NiFtY, (4136.65) SqUArEd with TiMe period of 40 TrAdInG DaYs from the ToP of 5299(02/05), and 117 TrAdInG DaYs from the top of 6357(08/01).

Squaring suggests an end of trend or reversal, Though not all Squaring of Price & Time will Give a Trend Reversal.

Disclaimer: This stuff is for Learning purpose Only .
All you need to watch from here is can Nifty give a lower closing after the closing price of 27/08 squared with time from the top.

900 degrees from the top of 6357 ( 01/08 )comes to 4085 and 540 degrees from the top of 5299 (02/05) comes to 4007.

The above two levels can act as major support to this fall.
So, lets wait and watch the Supports plus the closing of Nifty, if it can Support the SQUARING.
Squaring of price n time happens on n often, and necessarily dosenot mean a Trend Reversal.
Disclaimer: i am not trading by this method, though i am LONG and will go short once it gives a decisive closing below 4K.

Happy Trading..
JIMMIE
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear jimmie,

Good post. This looks very interesting and I must admit it has a lot of substance. Keep the good work going...

Harish
venugopal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: good work Reply with quote

good work jimmie--but whether fundamentals warrant a u turn from 4000 plus levels-i am just seeing shanghai composite---falling from 6100 plus levels to 2700 now----china has a more resilent economy than ours---i wonder what predictions gann would have given to shanghai---i will be very satisfied if u can post a gann for shanghai too.
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #27   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: hi Venu Reply with quote

Hi venu,

I am just trying to grasp some bits of the Great Man. I cant claim that i know even 1 % of what he was. theres a lot more to be done with his theories. He used to study charts of 100 Years, with a pencil and chart.

His basic assets were Time & Price, and squaring of the same.

I have seen some gentleman Posting turn dates in Shout box, which have had a wonderful significance.
The best of his dates posted so far was 8th of Jan, which will now have Historical Significance.
I religiously followed those dates and observed that Nifty gave atleast a 500 point swing from that date. I never knew then that they were related to GANN.. Or may be the gentleman had derived thru some other method.
Impressed with the dates, i tried studying the price charts, with real markets. Observed the prices for a couple of months and was amazed to find Nifty behaving like what GANN had referred.
Well, we in shout box knew 8th Jan was a turn date, but had it been GANN, he might known that it would crash from 8th Jan to 4000 levels or may be even lower.
The third i.e squaring of price n dates, which i have tried for the first time, i am not sure will give a probable turn or not. Its just for learning basis.

Problem with squaring is u might be taking one top to derive the time, but nifty might be following another top and may get Squared up with price near 3800 or 3600.. So there is no gaurantee to this. Even Gann used to have Stop losses.. which got triggered too..

Once u master the reversal with squaring, next thing is getting the target and date of that move.. Hope i may reach there one day Very Happy
GANN has not explained his methods to anyone.. Nor is he explicit in his books. Different people have tried to intreprete his methods and run business of selling their interpretrations about GANN. May be people have tried those and are frustrated.

i am just trying to intrepret, what may not be how GANN wanted me to read.
It remains on a trial basis ONLY.
Regards,
jimmie
hdobhal
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jimmie,

I am really impressed with your post. Really. Reading it I got a hint that you are open for the possibility of lower levels. I want to ask a simple question - no strings attached - DO YOU SEE 2900 (GIVE OR TAKE 100 POINTS) BY ANY CHANCE USING GANN? OR ANY OF YOUR METHODS? (Not for this month or year but any timeframe)

I ask you this question as I have somehow reached this number. If my calculations are right, then there are good chances that Nifty should bottom out at that level or thereabout.

Please tell your answer with the possible time target.

Thanks
Harish
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #29   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: CURRENT NINE (updated) Reply with quote

Nearing the support of 4007. This time we are falling thru the upper channel.. Will we Bang down to reach the lower channel ? or anything else is in store ?
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #30   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: GANN's Favourite -45 Degrees Reply with quote

45-45 game (Degrees)

Last edited by jimmie on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 2 of 31

Jump to: