Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'NINE'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 'NINE'
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #271   PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: DOWNWARD NINE Reply with quote

DOWNWARD NINE:

Last edited by jimmie on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
sandew
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #272   PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jimmie,

I was eagerly looking forward to your chart today but i must confess now this has truly foxed me, and for following reason.
1. I am total layman when it comes to drawing this Nine charts. I follow the simple rule - candle breaks down the channel and then I initiate short.

2. Your chart of downtrend today june 25 shows I need to have been short from around 4480 in fact many days earlier BUT your previous day chart shows uptrend and never did it indicate go short rather it kept prompting to hold longs until breakdown of lower channel as late as yesterday. How do we resolve this conflict.

3. I have a request, Can we have a snap-shot smaller version in one chart giving Gann trends and channels for last 3 to 5 years. This will help layman like me to figure how the strategy has panned the highs and lows, and how and when reversals set it.

4. Last,and most crucial - I was thinking using your Gann charts as a lighthouse to guide me through main direction while playing intraday. If your main direction now is short I now propose to carry any overnight positions, in case I have to, only and only short ( and never long no matter what be the temptation and news ) till such time your channel gives a reversal signal. Will I be correct in this strategy?

Thanks
Sandew
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #273   PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: NINE Reply with quote

NINE:

Last edited by jimmie on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #274   PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: sandew Reply with quote

sandew wrote:
Hi Jimmie,

I was eagerly looking forward to your chart today but i must confess now this has truly foxed me, and for following reason.
1. I am total layman when it comes to drawing this Nine charts. I follow the simple rule - candle breaks down the channel and then I initiate short.
u r getting confused between a postional trade and swign trade
2. Your chart of downtrend today june 25 shows I need to have been short from around 4480 in fact many days earlier BUT your previous day chart shows uptrend and never did it indicate go short rather it kept prompting to hold longs until breakdown of lower channel as late as yesterday. How do we resolve this conflict.
I have drawn the downward NINE just in advance.. The upward channel is not broken yet or can say the SL for longs is not hit yet. So major position is still long.
3. I have a request, Can we have a snap-shot smaller version in one chart giving Gann trends and channels for last 3 to 5 years. This will help layman like me to figure how the strategy has panned the highs and lows, and how and when reversals set it.
Not sure about reversal, You are confusing between a SL and reversal. If ur SL is hit, it only means giving up longs only.
4. Last,and most crucial - I was thinking using your Gann charts as a lighthouse to guide me through main direction while playing intraday. If your main direction now is short I now propose to carry any overnight positions, in case I have to, only and only short ( and never long no matter what be the temptation and news ) till such time your channel gives a reversal signal. Will I be correct in this strategy?
If you are looking at GANN for playing intraday then u r on the wrong path. Better use the Open price direction for playing intraday. Use the direction of Nifty with open price to get the main direction for the day. It helps 90% of the times and may give whipsaws only on Doji days. .

Thanks
Sandew

Last edited by jimmie on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #275   PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: NINE Reply with quote

NINE
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #276   PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: NINE Reply with quote

NINE: dAnGeR zOnE
saikat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #277   PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmie,

What is that RED dot marked as 4500?

Saikat
saikat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #278   PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmie,

I was going back into ur threads to find when the last downward NINE became upward ones - but found u started posting only from 3rd April ( page # 7 )

Is it possible for you to post NINE as it was during jan to march 09..... I wish to see how and where NINE upper channel got hit and it became LONG

Thanks,

Saikat
sandew
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #279   PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jimmie,
I fully endorse what Saikat says.
Thanks
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #280   PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: NINE Reply with quote

NINE:
Dots represent the Swing signal generated from Squaring of price and time. Today got a buy signal . Kindly note that the Buy signals are a bit weakish in nature and Nifty may or may not reverse from the said BUY signal. It can always fall 150-200 points from the BUY signal before moving up...
saikat
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #281   PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

Just managed to crawl back inside ... Smile

Till budget it may not break the channel - but for that it now needs to go up - as even side wise movement for another 2-3 days would break the channel....

So are we gonna move up now???? Let's see.....
You got a buy signal too Very Happy

Thanks for clearing my doubts in the SB.
Will appreciate if you can give some link or writeup to understand the squaring of Price n Time.

Regards,

Saikat
nareshch
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #282   PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices tested the support twice in these 8 sessions . Another test of support may crack this channel . Today we got a good hammer 4383 ( 900 deg) which didnt allow the price to move up to the next zone.

I am not sure if we have any effect of Dow going down( -170 as of now ) as all of us are wiaitng for the Railway budget tomorrow and the Much hyped budget on 6th .

Lets see who wins . ( Just sitting on some far OTM strangles) ..

Naresh
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #283   PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: DOWNWARD NINE Reply with quote

jimmie wrote:
DOWNWARD NINE:

Last edited by jimmie on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #284   PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: NINE Reply with quote

NINE:
Generated a SELL swing signal today, though i am not very sure about this signal as i generally allow a tolerance of max 5 Degrees while squaring, but today unfortunately the tolerance was 5.24 Degrees, which i am not sure if it can be put in trade. But yes a a good shorting place if the channel gets broken...!
jimmie
Expert
Expert

Post: #285   PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: NINE Reply with quote

NINE: I was skeptical about the Sell signal yesterday, even when DOW was in deep red. Well it worked fine today, It never breached the open price and there was no question of shorts.
For monday the Open price of NS 4424 may generate a Sell signal if Nifty manages to close in minus. The open price will work as an indicator to this signal.
If nifty manages to maitain above 4424 on Monday we may again see Nifty Flying.. !
For the time being: Too many Kiss n Run from teh Lower channel Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 19 of 31

Jump to: