Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Number of messages displayed on home page
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Number of messages displayed on home page
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Number of messages displayed on home page Reply with quote

Dear Moderator,

On the home page, at present only 10 latest messages are displayed in red colour. Can we have more, say, 20? This eliminates the need to dig into a lot of forums to find out the latest messages, if any.

I should say this is one of the best web sites for technical analysis in which a lot of useful and healthy discussions take place. I particularly like the clean appearance of pages in this site without a lot of clutter like in other leading web sites.
ProTrader
Site Admin

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your valuable input and appreciation. We will try to see how best to implement it. We are also working on a new design of the website. Will keep you all posted.

Regards.
ProTrader
Arjun20
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProTrader wrote:
Thanks for your valuable input and appreciation. We will try to see how best to implement it. We are also working on a new design of the website. Will keep you all posted.

Regards.
ProTrader

In new design, pls make a provision for numbering posts.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had suggested it last year but I can see the practical difficulty due to page length. May be a "see more" link below last message/thread?
Arjun20
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
I too had suggested it last year but I can see the practical difficulty due to page length. May be a "see more" link below last message/thread?

Don't call me copy cat Laughing , but i too suggested this last year.
Last june when i joined , i was tracking few threads. If i did not visit forum for couple hours and if that thread disappears from homepage list, i had to browse each and every section. Later as i got familiar i used to recall section and visit the particular section.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suppose, a thread is of 95 pages, then can we go directly to pg no 57 or 23 or 69 ? If yes, then how ?
SwingTrader
Site Admin

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Number of messages displayed on home page Reply with quote

falcon wrote:
Dear Moderator,

On the home page, at present only 10 latest messages are displayed in red colour. Can we have more, say, 20? This eliminates the need to dig into a lot of forums to find out the latest messages, if any.

I should say this is one of the best web sites for technical analysis in which a lot of useful and healthy discussions take place. I particularly like the clean appearance of pages in this site without a lot of clutter like in other leading web sites.

I have increased it to 15 for now, 20 will probably be too lengthy.

chetan83
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Number of messages displayed on home page Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
falcon wrote:
Dear Moderator,

Good one AEOM
sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Number of messages displayed on home page Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
falcon wrote:
Dear Moderator,

now, it has become, more user friendly.....thnx.....admin.
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonila wrote:
Suppose, a thread is of 95 pages, then can we go directly to pg no 57 or 23 or 69 ? If yes, then how ?

Hi Sonila,

You can easily go to the desired page in a few clicks. For example, on the "Running With The Wolves" thread, if you want to go to page 57, open the latest page of the thread, click in the address bar and change the number to the left of ".html" to 560 and press enter -- that is, 57 minus 1 and multiplied by 10. The following link takes you directly to page 57. Observe the bold, red coloured number in the link:

http://www.icharts.in/forum/running-with-the-wolves-t2310,postorder,desc,start,560.html

This is what I figured out a long time back but I don't know if there is any better method.
falcon
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Number of messages displayed on home page Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
falcon wrote:
Dear Moderator,

Thanks a lot, Admin! That was real quick, which shows the management is not only listening but also agile.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ST
sonila
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcon wrote:
sonila wrote:

Hi Sonila,

You can easily go to the desired page in a few clicks. For example, on the "Running With The Wolves" thread, if you want to go to page 57, open the latest page of the thread, click in the address bar and change the number to the left of ".html" to 560 and press enter -- that is, 57 minus 1 and multiplied by 10. The following link takes you directly to page 57. Observe the bold, red coloured number in the link:

http://www.icharts.in/forum/running-with-the-wolves-t2310,postorder,desc,start,560.html

This is what I figured out a long time back but I don't know if there is any better method.
thnx a lot.
pkveenu
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Number of messages displayed on home page Reply with quote

SwingTrader wrote:
falcon wrote:
Dear Moderator,

its really good done
basically it was required
thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: