Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OPEN INTEREST IN NIFTY OPTIONS
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author OPEN INTEREST IN NIFTY OPTIONS
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: OPEN INTEREST IN NIFTY OPTIONS Reply with quote

I have been following open interest positions in nifty options over the last few years, it will not help much on a day to day basis but it will generally help over the month,sometimes it is very difficult to guess in extremely volatile market conditions whether the call or put is being bought or written,like in one of the past months(might be july or august) both puts were bought and calls were written,in such case i will write what i feel as per my view,it might be totally wrong on someday but that is what market is all about i feel.

I will write highest open interest in put and call on that given day and slowly as the month progresses we will start having a much better view in the coming days,guide me whenever possible,thanks.
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note:Notable Change in open interest from previous day is in 6100 ce,change in oi of 8,45,200, the way the market came down my view is 6100 call was written.

04/10/2013

HIGHEST OPEN INTEREST IN PUT:5700PE-48,28,900

HIGHEST OPEN INTEREST IN CALL:6100 CE-47,16,300.
Allwell
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Work, Yash.... Very Happy
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,ALLWELL Smile
amitagg
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thoughts.

A sugggestion pls make excel file and post it on weekly basis while the daily snapshot can come in mail.

it would serve as good record and others would be able to add insights or formulas for better analysis

Also highlight both signficant additions and subtractions to call and put everyday.

This analysis do work on different time frames.
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Amitagg,your suggestions are most welcome but since nifty options have started trading in multiples of 50 it has become very difficult to keep track and maintaining excel sheet that to on a weeekly basis will become very difficult for me, i will like to keep it simple by writing everyday and whenever i see huge accumulation in some call or put i will write it immediately,thanks for your suggestion.
annepu2001
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: NIFTY movement Reply with quote

NIFTY will move to 6200 on heavy short covering after some volatile movements at the current point. During yesterday trading clear divergence seen between price and RSI movement as VIX was positive. Only after VIX moves higher will the market make its next decisive move in a fast paced manner.
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

options data right now is telling me that 5700 pe oi is cut by 1,10,000 now at 10.03 am on 07/10/2013 as per options data this is opening up of the downside for further fall, i may be wrong but the options data suggests downside more as compared to upside as of now,since we are close to 5840 NS i don't know please ask the experts i am just pointing to the data that i can see
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

options data at 11.46 am as on 07/10/2013,5900 ce has added 4,46,500 in oi and 5700 pe has shed 1,05,100,still i maintain as per options data that market looks like going down more than going up,lets see what happens when European Markets open and whether there is any short covering or further long unwinding
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

options data at 1.25 pm,5700 pe which was -1,05,100 at 11.50 pm is now +1,57,600, and 5900 ce which had added 4,46,500 at 11.50 pm(my last post) is now at 3,51,400,market is showing a confusing trend as of now but with the vix so high i feel that there is bound to be volatility hence i maitain that as per options data(not necessary my personal view) market is still showing downward trend.
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had just started this post yesterday and i felt it would be better if i would keep on updating the posts every 2 or 3 hrs but i now feel it is adding to the confusion and in an volatile market like today it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep a track hence i have decided i will write this post only once in the evening as an update on the nifty options data or on the day when i can see addition or subtraction of more than 10 lakh shares in oi at any particular strike price,thankyou.
reemajainiaf
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yashrahul wrote:
I had just started this post yesterday and i felt it would be better if i would keep on updating the posts every 2 or 3 hrs but i now feel it is adding to the confusion and in an volatile market like today it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep a track hence i have decided i will write this post only once in the evening as an update on the nifty options data or on the day when i can see addition or subtraction of more than 10 lakh shares in oi at any particular strike price,thankyou.

Your efforts are truly appreciated. It is not confusing at all. In fact, it shows how decisions change with the market direction. I think you should continue posting the data. It is of great use. Thank you.
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reemajainiaf: thanks for your encouraging comments
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

07/10/2013

HIGHEST OPEN INTEREST IN PUT:5700PE =49,39,050

HIGHEST OPEN INTEREST IN CALL:6100 CE =47,51,650

Note: still oi is highest in these 2 strike prices but 5700 pe was shedding oi in the afternoon and now it has closed with an addition of 3,88,300.It seems the US shutdown is going to get solved in coming days sooner or later (it cannot be shutdown for ever 24 ), The bulls are going to take that as a trigger to take the markets higher, when retail investors are in waiting mode and most of the market players feel that the markets are going to come down today or tomorrow, markets always show maximum resilience and go up.Markets need a huge gap down followed by huge negative fii figure then only the downside will begin i feel,thanks.
yashrahul
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

options data at 1.37 pm,just like yesterday afternoon 5700 pe has started cutting oi it is now -52,750 and 6100 ce has added 4,46,450, market is still showing signs of going down(if my reading is right),is the downtrend about to resume after all the exuberance or one final upswing due to us shutdown and us debt ceiling getting solved,only time will tell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Market Direction All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: