Links
FAQs
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overbought-Oversold Intraday Tradins Strategy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Overbought-Oversold Intraday Tradins Strategy
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pkholla

When to buy can be given by ans_kol's post but may I suggest that you calculate sell price of option for intended target by option calculator and compare it with your calculation based on delta? I found option calculator deadly accurate. Since I started using the calculator recently, I have often sold within 2 rs. from actual value (and often top) and that too because I put sell price about a rupee lower than calculated price. This will also save time.

In case you desire, here's link for calculating IV and option price

http://www.option-price.com/index.php

Just for info., sgxnifty fell from 5250 to 5190 before recovering to 5305 as of now. So values given by you are plausible although I would like to play safe by being somewhere between ans_kol's values and victor's values
ridinghood
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi pk
taking 5229 as close ob nd os rates would be 5318 nd 5147
regs
ridinghood
Amigo
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #18   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinay28 wrote:
Dear pkholla

I too trade in options. But I don't think we can readily get implied volatility (IV) values for options like for nifty as indicated by ans_kol. I calculate IV and then projected option value for intended target from calculators available on the net.

Are delta values easily available? If so, trading could be easier.

Vinay28, delta values can be found in the software Option oracle. just google and download.
ANS_KOL
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viktor wrote:
Dear ANS_KOL.. where do we find daily volatility.. I could not find it on the nse website.. how did you covert the value of 1.25% volatility to 61.90... Advance thanks for explaining the strategy..

dear victor, happy diwali,
here is the way how you can get daily volatility in nse website-
nseindia.com-go to previous version-f&o-market today-get quote-select symbol-daily volatility.
hope it s clear.
regards
ANS.
ANS_KOL
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
for today our data is nifty future close-5229.15
daily volatility- 1.57%(82.10)
nifty overbought @(5229.15+82.1)=5311.25
nifty oversold @(5229.15-82.1)=5147.05.
so, buy nf @ 5147 sl-5097.
sell nf @ 5311 sl-5361.
but today mahurat trade for only 1 hour,so I am not trading this strategy today. position wise currently long @ 5145 according to hansraj strategy.
ANS.
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #21   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vinay_28. Any improvement in accuracy of prediction is always to our benefit. Prakash Holla

vinay28 wrote:
Thanks pkholla

When to buy can be given by ans_kol's post but may I suggest that you calculate sell price of option for intended target by option calculator and compare it with your calculation based on delta? I found option calculator deadly accurate. Since I started using the calculator recently, I have often sold within 2 rs. from actual value (and often top) and that too because I put sell price about a rupee lower than calculated price. This will also save time.

In case you desire, here's link for calculating IV and option price

http://www.option-price.com/index.php

Just for info., sgxnifty fell from 5250 to 5190 before recovering to 5305 as of now. So values given by you are plausible although I would like to play safe by being somewhere between ans_kol's values and victor's values
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #22   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
ALL CREDIT TO ANS_KOL WHO GAVE US THIS WONDERFUL TIP
Rest of us are just commenting and taking it further
I visited NSE website for actual hi, low and closing values for NF Nov, 51C Nov, 52P Nov FOR 26 OCT and fine tuned my option price calculator!
I am enclosing EXCEL spreadsheet for your comments
Vinay: Perhaps we can compare the value with option-calc and if they are close then more confirmation of utility of using prev day's data for delta calc.
I personally feel : your options site uses Black Scholes. NSE uses Black Scholes. Will there be much difference using yesterday's options prices for prediction?
Also: What value to put in calculator?

Underlying say 5164.6
Exercise 5100 (for 5100 call)
Days 30 (till 24 Nov)
Interest ???
Dividend ???
Volatility ??? (of call)
Rounding ???

Thanks in advance
Prakash Holla

NFOcalc1.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  NFOcalc1.xls
 Filesize:  13.5 KB
 Downloaded:  651 Time(s)

Last edited by pkholla on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
jsg
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #23   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: hansraj strategy Reply with quote

ANS_KOL wrote:
Dear Friends,
sell nf @ 5311 sl-5361.
but today mahurat trade for only 1 hour,so I am not trading this strategy today. position wise currently long @ 5145 according to hansraj strategy.
ANS.

What is hansraj strategy? Could you please give details.
vinay28
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #24   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holla, procedure as follows

1. it is best to open the link in two separate tabs. In one tab, click on IV calculator and in the other tab, click on option calculator.
2. Put 15% for interest and dividend (explanation for this later as not important now) and 20 for no. of days to expiry . 20 for today because Nov has 20 market working days. Also, enter exercise value that you choose. Enter rounding as 3. It's just rounding off to 3 decimals. Now you are ready to calculate at any time
3. Enter dynamic values of nf and option price as seen on your terminal in IV calculator and click on calculate tab at bottom. You will get IV value.
4. enter estimated target value of nf in top cell in option tab and enter IV value as obtained and click on calculate and you will get projected value of option to place sell order.

Important - as the day advances, you should reduce no. of days such as 1.9, 1.8, etc. As no. of days reduce, change accordingly e.g. 19, 18, 17, etc.

Hope above will benefit
ANS_KOL
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #25   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: hansraj strategy Reply with quote

jsg wrote:
ANS_KOL wrote:
Dear Friends,
sell nf @ 5311 sl-5361.
ANS.

dear jsg,
hansraj strategy is a positional and "always in the trade" method which i use to trade nifty future.
in this strategy the magic number is 12 days exponential moving average and you have to be long above it and short below it keeping a stoploss of 50 points.whatever the scenario, you are either long or short on nifty for a period of 1 year. it may give a return of 1000 to 2500 points in a year which means your investment may get 100% to 250 %anual return.
I don t have it in written now, but I think I can provide you the detail by this weekend.
ANS.
Ravi_S
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #26   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ANS_KOL

What timeframe?

Regards
Ravi
Ravi_S
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Post: #27   PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I got the answer for that it's 12 days moving average... Thx....

Regards
Ravi

Ravi_S wrote:
Dear ANS_KOL

What timeframe?

Regards
Ravi
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #28   PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinay: Will try out your suggested method. Crystal clear reply from u. thanks a lot

All: ans_kol has given us a very important tip

if you remember your college statistics: NORMAL CURVE: he has given us the normal (yesterday's close) and standard deviation (close*daily volatility)

most values of tomorrow's NF will fall between N(1-V) and N(1+V)

hence he confidently says that we can put selling at N(1+V) and buying at N(1-V) while keeping a SL to deal with the stray cases where the value goes outside these limits (like during Moody's lowering of USA sovereign rating!)

this being the case we can probably use ans_kol's discovery for other scrips also!

examply: if maruti 1m close is 1140 (27/10) and volatility is 2.12% (27/10) {from NSE website}

then most of the time maruti 1m tomorrow will lie between 1140 +- 24.1 and we can buy @ 1115.9 and sell @ 1164.1

ans_kol and vinay: your comments on above awaited

prakash holla
jsg
White Belt
White Belt

Post: #29   PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: hansraj strategy Reply with quote

ANS_KOL wrote:
jsg wrote:
ANS_KOL wrote:
Dear Friends,
sell nf @ 5311 sl-5361.
ANS.

dear jsg,
hansraj strategy is a positional and "always in the trade" method which i use to trade nifty future.
in this strategy the magic number is 12 days exponential moving average and you have to be long above it and short below it keeping a stoploss of 50 points.whatever the scenario, you are either long or short on nifty for a period of 1 year. it may give a return of 1000 to 2500 points in a year which means your investment may get 100% to 250 %anual return.
I don t have it in written now, but I think I can provide you the detail by this weekend.
ANS.

Dear ANS
Thanks for the reply. Awaiting more details at your convenience. How long have you tried it and with what results?
rk_a2003
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post: #30   PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say This ia a creative extension of ANS Strategy to individual scrips.

I have few concerns before we put all this in to practice.

First one among them is we need to back test it.If any one is having a good software like amibroker they may back test it and get the results.

Is anyone having it?!

The points we need to take out are

1.What is the freequncy of this trade getting triggered over a certain period of time? (First we may perform it on NIFTY).

2.And then success ratio ( though I am confident that this will be high still it is advisable to check it on material basis.)

I hope some one will come up with the testing. Smile

RK

pkholla wrote:
Vinay: Will try out your suggested method. Crystal clear reply from u. thanks a lot

All: ans_kol has given us a very important tip

if you remember your college statistics: NORMAL CURVE: he has given us the normal (yesterday's close) and standard deviation (close*daily volatility)

most values of tomorrow's NF will fall between N(1-V) and N(1+V)

hence he confidently says that we can put selling at N(1+V) and buying at N(1-V) while keeping a SL to deal with the stray cases where the value goes outside these limits (like during Moody's lowering of USA sovereign rating!)

this being the case we can probably use ans_kol's discovery for other scrips also!

examply: if maruti 1m close is 1140 (27/10) and volatility is 2.12% (27/10) {from NSE website}

then most of the time maruti 1m tomorrow will lie between 1140 +- 24.1 and we can buy @ 1115.9 and sell @ 1164.1

ans_kol and vinay: your comments on above awaited

prakash holla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Strategies All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: